Susanna Reid

Comments

• ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to be chemically castrated just in case I get testicular cancer. I'm not going to wear reflective biohazard suit just in case I may get skin cancer. There's sensible and regular inspection, sensible precautions and then there is excising body parts and organs because you have more money than sense, more fear of what may be than what is. Heaton had a high chance of getting breast cancer but she didn't actually have it. Neither does she actually have ovarian cancer but she still wants them removed. There's a chance I might choke on food and die or get hit by a car, however I'm not going to stick to a strictly liquid diet and never cross a road ever again. It's just nonsensical.

Apparently she discovered the cyst she feared was cancer while "playing with her children".

What games is she playing that involve her kids hitting her in the breasts?

You might do if you had a 65% chance of getting testicular cancer before your 70th birthday. That's what a certain genre can mean for women and their chances of getting breast cancer.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Some quite mean comments about the story in the sun today about Susanna's breast cancer scare Im sure she told her story to help other know that checking your boobs can be life saving
    And I am sure that it was simply a massive coincidence that the story appeared just as she returned off holiday to reappear on an ailing GMB programme.
  • Mark CMark C Posts: 20,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    And I am sure that it was simply a massive coincidence that the story appeared just as she returned off holiday to reappear on an ailing GMB programme.

The 'staycation' holiday of course, because Ms Reid managed (with another burst of publicity) to have had one of her family member's passports stuck in the application process.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad Susannah is back. My morning is now back to normal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Michelle Heaton has the BRACA1 gene deficiency - without the removal of ovaries and a double mastectomy she would stand an incredibly high chance of getting ovarian or breast cancer, it isn't a risk worth taking.

BRACA1 means you will get one (85-90% more likely) of those cancers, whether you die of it is another matter. My own family has this mutaton among some of its members - only one woman with it has lived past 55 and they had cancer and beat it.

Sadly these operations are a sensible approach to dealing with the genetic mutation not a fashion choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle Heaton has the BRACA1 gene deficiency - without the removal of ovaries and a double mastectomy she would stand an incredibly high chance of getting ovarian or breast cancer, it isn't a risk worth taking.

BRACA1 means you will get one (85-90% more likely) of those cancers, whether you die of it is another matter. My own family has this mutaton among some of its members - only one woman with it has lived past 55 and they had cancer and beat it.

Sadly these operations are a sensible approach to dealing with the genetic mutation not a fashion choice.

I agree with all of this, we have it in the family, i was tested but fortunately clear although i was planing the same set of ops.

others in the family have not been so lucky and have had the ops, those that didn't find out about it all had the cancer & although some won, I'm not sure i would want to fight while brining up a young family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

Funny that, it is ITV pulling out all the stops to keep a overpaid, bad presenter in the limelight.. Note to producers, sorry will not work, while Ms Reid heads to programme, GMB will fail, sooner you get rid the better.,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Funny that, it is ITV pulling out all the stops to keep a overpaid, bad presenter in the limelight.. Note to producers, sorry will not work, while Ms Reid heads to programme, GMB will fail, sooner you get rid the better.,

I dont remember there being such a hate campaign when she was on the BBC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont remember there being such a hate campaign when she was on the BBC.

Well that was before she became so big headed.. 'Look at me"..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was before she became so big headed.. 'Look at me"..

Her personality is just the same I really dont think she has become big headed
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It`s schadenfreude. We all enjoy watching people fail really. The Americans like to pretend it`s a wholly European trait but it`s global. As Gore Vidal (American) said:
    “It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.”
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    It`s schadenfreude. We all enjoy watching people fail really. The Americans like to pretend it`s a wholly European trait but it`s global. As Gore Vidal (American) said:

No, shes just annoying
    Not as annoying as Jackie Bird though
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    who in carnation is jackie bird ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    who in carnation is jackie bird ?

She is the main newsreader on BBC Scotland

Personally I watch STV News at 6 with JOHN MACKAY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »

That not true,,there are plenty of presenters that are brilliant, but in the case of Ms Reid, she became big headed during SCD, hence she was favourite to win, then the public got wise and that was the start of her downfall, now she this bad, pulling faces, nodding presenter, who flirts, with everyone in trousers, (the cringe worthy Tom cruise thing!!!) and when talking about a major subject like breast cancer in the paper, the picture of her is bigger than the words...

Now the wonderful Charlotte is great and nice to boot...
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That not true,,there are plenty of presenters that are brilliant, but in the case of Ms Reid, she became big headed during SCD, hence she was favourite to win, then the public got wise and that was the start of her downfall, now she this bad, pulling faces, nodding presenter, who flirts, with everyone in trousers, (the cringe worthy Tom cruise thing!!!) and when talking about a major subject like breast cancer in the paper, the picture of her is bigger than the words...

Now the wonderful Charlotte is great and nice to boot...

Start of what downfall exactly? In your head perhaps but not in real life, I assume you've met Charlotte? Otherwise your opinion is not up to much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See if GMB had been more successful I dont think anyone would have picked on Susanna. The public are only picking on her as she is a easy target as she was such a big name on the BBC. If Charlotte had moved from the BBC to ITV the public would have targeted her.

Also, so what if she wears fake tan a huge amount of British women wear. Also does nobody think that she might just tan well.

Leave her alone if people are stooping so low to pick on her just because she likes to look tanned. You need to get a life.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect Susanna will be particularly pleased to see Charlotte go on maternity leave in a few months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I suspect Susanna will be particularly pleased to see Charlotte go on maternity leave in a few months.

Not sure, after SR 'my son didn't get his passport and I might have had Cancer, but I didn't' stories to keep her in the limelight, bet she thinking I wish I had thought of getting pregnant, think of all the news coverage then....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She changed during SCD as she was favourite to win during the programme, then the public got wise, and she lost out..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

Dont talk rubbish Susanna and Charlotte do get on. Charlotte has said it was a load of rubbish.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That not true...

Yeah, it really is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See if GMB had been more successful I dont think anyone would have picked on Susanna.

Not me. I dislike Susanna because she's completely stuck on herself and, as a result, is a total embarrassment to journalism. I find her unprofessional, self-absorbed, immature, and lacking in sincerity.

The fact that ITV thought she could save them says it all when it comes to what a terrible channel it has become.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Not me. I dislike Susanna because she's completely stuck on herself and, as a result, is a total embarrassment to journalism. I find her unprofessional, self-absorbed, immature, and lacking in sincerity.

The fact that ITV thought she could save them says it all when it comes to what a terrible channel it has become.

And the fact she flirts with every male she fancies including Tom Cruise and Alex Turner makes her such a joke.. And not forgetting the early GMB interview with Freddie Starr... She just can't hack it as a real journalist..
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the fact she flirts with every male she fancies including Tom Cruise and Alex Turner makes her such a joke.. And not forgetting the early GMB interview with Freddie Starr... She just can't hack it as a real journalist..

I wonder what she did to you to earn such bile? Did she not reply to your green ink letter?