Options

Gary is typical of most elderly American men...

124»

Comments

• Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Gary's behavior has been appalling and very inconsiderate, he is not some frail elderly man gone gaga. He is pretty agile for his age, sharp as a knife and well able to hear when he wants. He has a relationship and a young son FFs, no doddering ole guy here. Btw no woman would live with him or sleep with him and put up with his lack of hygiene.
    The truth is people like him and therefore excuse him and blame everyone else. Everyone in the whole house cant be wrong, David was incensed describing him. Gary's habits are disgusting and so is his lack of hygiene. I cant abide spitting. He is a windup artist. and is IMo playing a character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I had to fart I couldnt hold it in.
    The bubbly gas hiding within.
    It came out a stench so incredibly great.
    Like a rotten banana on an empty plate.

It stank of cheese and rotten pickles.
    As it enters your nose your spine it prickles.
    Then the worst thing happened I burped so loud.
    It was a great way to silence a crowd.

The cheese flavour I tasted in my mouth.
    Coming back from the trip down south.
    Everyone stared like I was retarted.
    Just because I burped and farted.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    MrsCloumbo wrote: »
    My 'Ridiculous Statement' is a fact, a daily occurrence during my time in Sunderland. I moved in June this year so it is a current fact. I always thought it was a cultural thing.

Clearly my 17yr experience living there differs from yours.
    Thats OK though Calm yourself.

I'm very calm thank you. It's still ridiculous, Sunderland is not the entire North of England. Maybe you should edit your post to say 'Sunderland' and then I still doubt the whole of Sunderland are spitters.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    any one remember spit the dog ???
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsCloumbo wrote: »
    Never been up North of England?
    Everyone spits out on the streets up there, young and old, male and female.
    Some even snort through their noses and spit that up as they walk along.
    I lived in Sunderland 17 yrs, never a day went by without me shuddering in outrage at the sight.
    Now back home down south where the culture is a little different.

I have been and did not witness this behavior.

That people do it is not in dispute. That it is done by most elderly men is. Bad manners and disgusting behavior has nowt to do with age nor nationality.

Gary is brain damaged, but, he has always been nuts, always been rude and obnoxious. His core behavior is not much different now than before the accident.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    Gary made me laugh when he belched said 'pardon me' and then very pointedly asked Stephanie 'did you hear that?' LOL Score one for Gary.
    Jeesh, what can I say?..........I found it funny :blush::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But these are elderly people that can't take care of themselves. I'd be frightened of them falling and scalding themselves if showering or bathing on their own. Gary is in the BB house. If he is as bad as some people are trying to make out he would NOT be in there. Look at how he came out of the shower when Audley and James were making up and wriggled and twisted and wiped his bollocks with no effort or strain at all.

If he is as bad as people make out he needs to leave the house and other reality shows and stop thinking of the money and start putting his health first. I believe his act is to be as damnright obnoxious to get a response from the others and to behave as he thinks he is allowed to with no one to answer to..

All this shows is that you have no knowledge or understanding of anyone with Acquired Brain Damage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    I think Gary's behavior has been appalling and very inconsiderate, he is not some frail elderly man gone gaga. He is pretty agile for his age, sharp as a knife and well able to hear when he wants. He has a relationship and a young son FFs, no doddering ole guy here. Btw no woman would live with him or sleep with him and put up with his lack of hygiene.
    The truth is people like him and therefore excuse him and blame everyone else. Everyone in the whole house cant be wrong, David was incensed describing him. Gary's habits are disgusting and so is his lack of hygiene. I cant abide spitting. He is a windup artist. and is IMo playing a character.
    You have absolutely no idea how some people live, have you?

There are women out there who are worse than men and haven't you heard the phrase 'birds of a feather, flock together?'

Anyone who had ever had to go into people's homes in any professional capacity will know what I'm talking about.......and maybe some that haven't too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    Jeesh, what can I say?..........I found it funny :blush::D

His timing was spit on oops I mean spot on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »

His partner reminds him to shower and do other normal everyday functions that he forgets about, mainly because she loves him, and she has also made herself aware of Acquired Brain Damage symptoms, so she doesn't blame him for how he is because she knows he can't help it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    His partner reminds him to shower and do other normal everyday functions that he forgets about, mainly because she loves him, and she has also made herself aware of Acquired Brain Damage symptoms, so she doesn't blame him for how he is because she knows he can't help it.
    Thanks Sasparella ;)

Nice to see that not everyone in here thinks him not remembering to shower is some 'act' to get fans >:(

What a completely fooking STUPID way to achieve that, if he was?? :o
  • Options
    MrsCloumboMrsCloumbo Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very calm thank you. It's still ridiculous, Sunderland is not the entire North of England. Maybe you should edit your post to say 'Sunderland' and then I still doubt the whole of Sunderland are spitters.;-)

The majority of Sunderland inhabitants are, in my 17yr experience, spitters.
    Happier now?
    Also frequented Newcastle, Chester.le.Street,
    South Shields and North Shields ... spitters appeared
    plentiful.
    No spitters witnessed by this, at the time, Northern
    inhabitant in Durham however.
    Maybe its not just a cultural thing but also a regional one?
    The 19yr old female work experience girl was a chronic spitter.
    As I said our experiences clearly differ. Yours is yours, mine
    is mine but I'm not getting het up or calling posters ridiculous.
    So keep on keeping calm and goodnight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Sasparella ;)

Nice to see that not everyone in here thinks him not remembering to shower is some 'act' to get fans >:(

What a completely fooking STUPID way to achieve that, if he was?? :o

Very true Bunions. The thing that really irks me is that there was a poster called Racol (with a number I think) that posted a medical list of the symptoms and behaviour patterns of someone with ABD and it might have been written about Gary, there were very few of the symptoms and behaviour patterns that he doesn't have ! It seems that most didn't bother to read it, it seems to be far easier to just attribute their own reasons for why he behaves as he does than to actually find out the facts of the case. It's the same as those that are saying, "well I'm hard of hearing so everyone must hear the same as I do" ! His hearing may have been affected by BOTH the brain damage and also the growth in his sinus cavity and the op he had to remove it.
    The following is about hearing problems for those with ABD.

Hearing problems
    Hearing problems can occur for a number of reasons, both mechanical and neurologic, particularly when the inner ear and/or temporal lobes have been damaged. Tinnitus is experienced as noises which are commonly like a buzzing, hissing or ringing in the ears. Meniere's syndrome is caused by excessive pressure in the chambers of the inner ear. Nerve filled membranes stretch which can cause hearing loss, ringing, vertigo, imbalance and a pressure sensation in the ear.
    Auditory agnosia is impaired recognition of nonverbal sounds and noises but intact language function. In some cases trauma to the inner ear can cause the person to be extremely sensitive to certain noises or pitches and may not be able to tolerate many environments we take for granted.

BIB maybe explains his sudden cries of shush !
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any one remember spit the dog ???

I do.

I bought my daughter a Spit The Dog puppet lol.

;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true Bunions. The thing that really irks me is that there was a poster called Racol (with a number I think) that posted a medical list of the symptoms and behaviour patterns of someone with ABD and it might have been written about Gary, there were very few of the symptoms and behaviour patterns that he doesn't have ! It seems that most didn't bother to read it, it seems to be far easier to just attribute their own reasons for why he behaves as he does than to actually find out the facts of the case. It's the same as those that are saying, "well I'm hard of hearing so everyone must hear the same as I do" ! His hearing may have been affected by BOTH the brain damage and also the growth in his sinus cavity and the op he had to remove it.
    The following is about hearing problems for those with ABD.

Hearing problems
    Hearing problems can occur for a number of reasons, both mechanical and neurologic, particularly when the inner ear and/or temporal lobes have been damaged. Tinnitus is experienced as noises which are commonly like a buzzing, hissing or ringing in the ears. Meniere's syndrome is caused by excessive pressure in the chambers of the inner ear. Nerve filled membranes stretch which can cause hearing loss, ringing, vertigo, imbalance and a pressure sensation in the ear.
    Auditory agnosia is impaired recognition of nonverbal sounds and noises but intact language function. In some cases trauma to the inner ear can cause the person to be extremely sensitive to certain noises or pitches and may not be able to tolerate many environments we take for granted.

BIB maybe explains his sudden cries of shush !
    I didn't see that post but knew already a bit about brain injury - partly in a professional capacity and partly in a personal one.

The people who need educating on such stuff are the ones least likely to read it though and isn't that always the case?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see that post but knew already a bit about brain injury - partly in a professional capacity and partly in a personal one.

The people who need educating on such stuff are the ones least likely to read it though and isn't that always the case?

BIB is unfortunately very true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry, I should have included the link in case you wanted to read it, here it is.

http://synapse.org.au/get-the-facts/impact-of-acquired-brain-injury-on-the-individual-fact-sheet.aspx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    I do.

I bought my daughter a Spit The Dog puppet lol.

;-)

I am so hoping that they will make a Spit the Gary doll in time for Christmas, this would be a sure seller, even have mad crazy hair the lot even have a pull string that makes him fart and burp, and shout WHAT.....

Gary to win... but I feel he is already a winner with these people that love him now in the UK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I should have included the link in case you wanted to read it, here it is.

http://synapse.org.au/get-the-facts/impact-of-acquired-brain-injury-on-the-individual-fact-sheet.aspx
    TY - promise I will do :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so hoping that they will make a Spit the Gary doll in time for Christmas, this would be a sure seller, even have mad crazy hair the lot even have a pull string that makes him fart and burp, and shout WHAT.....

Gary to win... but I feel he is already a winner with these people that love him now in the UK

Now, you just know I'd buy a Spit the Gary doggie. I'd love one complete with Freddie Boswell hair lol.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Now, you just know I'd buy a Spit the Gary doggie. I'd love one complete with Freddie Boswell hair lol.

Freddie Boswell :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    so funny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freddie Boswell :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    so funny

Bread. Classic.

• Options