The Ratings Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Great show tonight, twitter feedback is good as well. Good mix of funny and good auditions!
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    I have an informant who keeps me up to date about how these Cowell shows work. The strategy of having a big act in the pimp slot of the first episode. And then a quieter second episode, a better third episode etc. I have my sources who give me this information. It's all true, you can check yourself.

Well the act given the pimp slot tonight wasn't even the best act of the show. And I doubt they'll be pushing him to win as he's very unmarketable in the real world.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Leona certainly wasn't episode one. She was there when Paula Abdul came to help the judges, which was by the second or third episode.
    My informant has just confirmed to me that Leona was shown in the first episode. If you want the exact details, she was shown just before the second set of ad breaks during the live transmission. Im afraid you are wrong.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an informant who keeps me up to date about how these Cowell shows work. The strategy of having a big act in the pimp slot of the first episode. And then a quieter second episode, a better third episode etc. I have my sources who give me this information. It's all true, you can check yourself.

You don't need an informant, you just need to watch them. :D
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    My informant has just confirmed to me that Leona was shown in the first episode. If you want the exact details, she was shown just before the second set of ad breaks during the live transmission. Im afraid you are wrong.
    My mistake, she was in episode one. Just checked on YouTube to jog the memory. :)

Best contestants tend to be shown in the first episode because it'll leave a longer lasting impression. Plus you know who the ones to beat are.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Informant = Wikipedia :D
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ve av vays of makin yu tork! I can just imagine your living room being like a torture chamber with different spies tied up and brutally punished unless they give you information you are happy with! (Ooooh errrr.........I'm wandering off into fantasy land! :D;-))

My name is vizzyvick, I vill not speak!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Ve av vays of makin yu tork! I can just imagine your living room being like a torture chamber with different spies tied up and brutally punished unless they give you information you are happy with! (Ooooh errrr.........I'm wandering off into fantasy land! :D;-))

My name is vizzyvick, I vill speak!

Sounds like a 'light' entertainment show coming to a television channel near you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    The majority of DS voters rated tonight's XF launch episode as 'poor': http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2004579

Keep us updated then Samuel- oh guess you won't now that good and excellent are at the top of the poll!! :)
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Well I don't know what was more entertaining tonight, X Factor or this thread!
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Informant = Wikipedia :D
    There is actually no information on wikipedia about which episodes contestants appeared in. This is all legit information sourced by my informant, much more reliable than wikipedia which can be edited by anyone.

Traditionally Cowell shows stockpile 'strong acts' in the first audition episode, and then have a weak second episode which they can get away with due to the 'strong first episode' bringing momentum. However one wonders if this launch episode tonight was actually a good one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Sounds like a 'light' entertainment show coming to a television channel near you.

"Ooh Sourcy!"
    A brand new game show where different media "sources" are revealed each week in Samuel's torture chamber. They have to endure some really kinky and painful torture before Samuel let's them go. All of them are from secret organisations and during the course of each episode viewers are given clues as to where they originate from. The winner gets to be chained up and used as a pet by Rona Fairhead - the new BBC trust Chairwoman!

Coming soon to BBC1 on Saturday nights. Will be the biggest entertainment launch since Tumble!
  • Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winners:

Series 1 - Steve Brookstene [audition shown in episode 1]
    Seires 2 - Shayne Warn [audition shown in episode 1]
    Series 3 - Leona Lewis [audition shown in episode 1]
    Series 4 - Leon Jackson [audition shown in episode 3]
    Series 5 - Alexandra Deburg [audition shown in episode 2]
    Series 6 - Joe McEldery [audition shown in episode 1]
    Series 7 - Matt Cardle [auditon shown in episode 2]
    Series 8 - Little Mix [n/a as band werent formed until after auditions]
    Series 9 - James Arthur [audition shown in episode 2]
    Series 10 - Sam Bailey [audition shown in episode 1]

Proof that most of the winners come from the opening episode.

Bowled Warnie :p
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    So what I have learned tonight as a non XF watcher is -
    The acts were poor or good.
    The panel was poor or good.
    Twitter reaction was poor or good.

Seriously why cant we wait until we get some actual ratings before the thread gets filled up with nonsense. XF has just started and I am bored already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Ooh Sourcy!"
    A brand new game show where different media "sources" are revealed each week in Samuel's torture chamber. They have to endure some really kinky and painful torture before Samuel let's them go. All of them are from secret organisations and during the course of each episode viewers are given clues as to where they originate from. The winner gets to be chained up and used as a pet by Rona Fairhead - the new BBC trust Chairwoman!

Coming soon to BBC1 on Saturday nights. Will be the biggest entertainment launch since Tumble!

We know which informant is from the BBC - they'll be sitting in a comfortable chair drinking a cup of tea while the rest are strung up by their ankles. ;)
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Doctor Who was terrible tonight, if you are into story and real people that is.
    Characters made of cardboard. I imagine some people won't notice but the general audience certainly will. This show is crashing before us...

As for X-Factor, what's the point? It's all been done before. I don't see it doing amazing numbers any more.

Doctor Who tonight was brilliant, don't know what you're talking about. I say this as a lifelong fan, Capaldi might be the best Doctor yet and that was just brilliantly written.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is your informant Mr U Tube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VwZUPjF_4E

Although I love the idea that you've got someone "on the inside" frantically researching 10 years worth of shows to provide you with a live feed of information to argue on The Ratings Thread. :D
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    We know which informant is from the BBC - they'll be sitting in a comfortable chair drinking a cup of tea while the rest are strung up by their ankles. ;)

A comfy chair - I didnt expect the Spanish Inquisition !!!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Do you ever give up?
    If this was on BBC you would be saying it was the best thing since sliced bread.
    You really, really need to get out more. Foolish little man!

there's no need for name calling. you have over stepped the mark there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh, it's so hard to predict ratings for tonight.

I suspect the return of X Factor will have dragged up numbers across the board. Normally I give the early auditions a miss, but I tuned in, so perhaps others did the same? If it's above 10m (incl +1) I won't be massively surprised.

Dr Who? A real slog for me - 5.5m?

Tumble? Lord knows - 3.5m?

Fruit Keyhole - 6m?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, it's so hard to predict ratings for tonight.

I suspect the return of X Factor will have dragged up numbers across the board. Normally I give the early auditions a miss, but I tuned in, so perhaps others did the same? If it's above 10m (incl +1) I won't be massively surprised.

Dr Who? A real slog for me - 5.5m?

Tumble? Lord knows - 3.5m?

Fruit Keyhole - 6m?

Realistically thinking, here are my predictions:

DW: 6.1m (peak) 5.3m (average)
    XF: 9.2m (peak) 8.3m (average) inc. +1
    Tumble: 4.1m (peak) 3.3m (average)
    Keyhole: 4.3m (peak) 3.6m (average) inc. +1
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Realistically thinking, here are my predictions:

DW: 6.1m (peak) 5.3m (average)
    XF: 9.2m (peak) 8.3m (average) inc. +1
    Tumble: 4.1m (peak) 3.3m (average)
    Keyhole: 4.3m (peak) 3.6m (average) inc. +1

According to my anorak figures, the X Factor premier last year averaged 9.2m incl +1. It surely has to be up this year, what with the return of Simon and Cheryl. I predicted 9.5m excluding +1 in the DS Ratings Prediction Game.

Just to say that if, by some bizarre event, the X Factor premier is down year-on-year then I'm coming in here tomorrow to gloat about it, and Simon and Cheryl's return, being a massive, massive flop (even if it's still the highest rated programme of the week so far). But I honestly can't see that happening. [Repeat penultimate sentence of the previous paragraph].
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    According to my anorak figures, the X Factor premier last year averaged 9.2m incl +1. It surely has to be up this year, what with the return of Simon and Cheryl. I predicted 9.5m excluding +1 in the DS Ratings Prediction Game.

Just to say that if, by some bizarre event, the X Factor premier is down year-on-year then I'm coming in here tomorrow to gloat about it, and Simon and Cheryl's return, being a massive, massive flop (even if it's still the highest rated programme of the week so far). But I honestly can't see that happening. [Repeat penultimate sentence of the previous paragraph].

Could DW's headstart stall the XF figures a little though?
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could DW's headstart stall the XF figures a little though?

It should be noted that The X Factor didn't actually start until 8:05pm due to the Downton Abbey trailer so there wasn't much of a clash. In any case I don't think the audiences are that similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DS Ratings Prediction Game Average Predictions
    Doctor Who: 6.1m
    The X Factor: 8.9m exc. +1
    Through the Keyhole: 4.0m exc. +1
This discussion has been closed.