Is Simon trying to SABOTAGE One Direction

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They're obviously the biggest potential cash cow, and with the possibility of a repeat RATM campaign(we saw what happened to Joe) is he purposely trying to get them out of the competition? maybe he's hoping for a repeat of the JLS success? OR maybe he wants their music out asap, instead of having to wait and have their hype die down. What do you think :o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are not the biggest potential cash cow. Any success they have will be limited to the UK.

The biggest potential cash cows in the show are (regardless of my opinion of them) Cher, Rebecca and Matt. Possibly Aiden.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are not the biggest potential cash cow. Any success they have will be limited to the UK.

The biggest potential cash cows in the show are (regardless of my opinion of them) Cher, Rebecca and Matt. Possibly Aiden.

I agree with you there.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're confusing x-factor success and real world success. If the Jonas Brothers, who are incredibly boring to me, can find success I see no reason why 1D can't. And no way would the US be impressed with some British girl badly impersonating their rappers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're confusing x-factor success and real world success. If the Jonas Brothers, who are incredibly boring to me, can find success I see no reason why 1D can't. And no way would the US be impressed with some British girl badly impersonating their rappers.

Actually, it you who is doing that. Boybands will never have long-term success anywhere except in the UK. The Jonas Brothers were a Disney phenomenon. They were always going to have their 15 minutes. Wand aren't creating anywhere near as much hysteria as JB in their day. Even then, they only lasted for a few years... Like it or not, Cher is being received very positively in America. She receives regular coverage on American websites and is already growing in popularity. Rebecca has a smoky tone to her voice, reminiscent of Norah Jones and the Americans absolutely adore that. Not to mention, she, too, has been received well. Finally, Matt fits well into the current climate of male singers singing outside of the normal masculine vocal range, along with the likes of Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo and Iyaz. Furthermore, a lack of talent is the reason Wand will not find success. They have Liam. Bravo. Meanwhile, Zain, Niall and Louis need their mics turned off (Harry, I guess, is adequate enough).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, it you who is doing that. Boybands will never have long-term success anywhere except in the UK. The Jonas Brothers were a Disney phenomenon. They were always going to have their 15 minutes. Wand aren't creating anywhere near as much hysteria as JB in their day. Even then, they only lasted for a few years... Like it or not, Cher is being received very positively in America. She receives regular coverage on American websites and is already growing in popularity. Rebecca has a smoky tone to her voice, reminiscent of Norah Jones and the Americans absolutely adore that. Not to mention, she, too, has been received well. Finally, Matt fits well into the current climate of male singers singing outside of the normal masculine vocal range, along with the likes of Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo and Iyaz. Furthermore, a lack of talent is the reason Wand will not find success. They have Liam. Bravo. Meanwhile, Zain, Niall and Louis need their mics turned off (Harry, I guess, is adequate enough).

link or you're lying :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member

Perez Hilton LOVES her. Ciara, Keri and Soulja Boy all tweeted her audition and liked it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://perezhilton.com/category/cher-lloyd/

Regular updates on all of her performances...
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like it or not, Cher is being received very positively in America. She receives regular coverage on American websites and is already growing in popularity.

Cher is the only current X Factor contestant who interests my American friends and co-workers here in NYC, based on her YT videos. When I invited people over for Sunday brunch a couple of weeks ago to watch a download of the previous night's episode they all liked Cher, Rebecca, and Aiden.

Matt reminded everyone of the buskers in the subway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://perezhilton.com/category/cher-lloyd/

Regular updates on all of her performances...

Perez is vile, nobody takes him seriously. She's hated by Americans in all the forums/blogs I visit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perez is vile, nobody takes him seriously. She's hated by Americans in all the forums/blogs I visit.

Ok then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't roll your eyes at me, not my fault Americans can't be bothered with her:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Cher is the only current X Factor contestant who interests my American friends and co-workers here in NYC, based on her YT videos. When I invited people over for Sunday brunch a couple of weeks ago to watch a download of the previous night's episode they all liked Cher, Rebecca, and Aiden.

You must have some bizarre people for brunch then... Rebecca yes, she is very jazzy/bluesy but Aiden, I am not sure most Americans would even get the theme last week of him doing Jackson..

Oh dear and your mates think Matt looks like a subway busker, hell so was James Morrison and look where he is today... so dont knock buskers.

GG

think we may have locked horns before...
    Forum Member

To be honest I cannot believe the Yanks are loving Cher, she is a poor mans rapper if you ask me, compared to some of theirs she is by now way even in their league.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In your experience. I have relatives on the East and West coasts and all are very impressed. Cher isn't really very liked on online forums anyway, I think DS shows that. Rest assured, she is popular on websites.

Furthermore, some of my :rolleyes:s were at your dismissal of Perez Hilton. Like it or not, his influence in America is huge...
    Forum Member
    In your experience. I have relatives on the East and West coasts and all are very impressed. Cher isn't really very liked on online forums anyway, I think DS shows that. Rest assured, she is popular on websites.

Furthermore, some of my :rolleyes:s were at your dismissal of Perez Hilton. Like it or not, his influence in America is huge...

Huge to whom his MOMMY...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this, I know people in New York and LA and they've said the same thing. Aiden's comments can vary widly, much far less complimentary, and more like an odd commodity:D but he is talked about. :)
    Forum Member
    Woowho wrote: »
    I agree with this, I know people in New York and LA and they've said the same thing. Aiden's comments can vary widly, much far less complimentary, and more like an odd commodity:D but he is talked about. :)

So you are saying the Yanks are thinking him ODD do I get that much right? which would stand in sted with the comments from some of the people I talk to in America, both North and South by the way not just east and west.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're obviously the biggest potential cash cow, and with the possibility of a repeat RATM campaign(we saw what happened to Joe) is he purposely trying to get them out of the competition? maybe he's hoping for a repeat of the JLS success? OR maybe he wants their music out asap, instead of having to wait and have their hype die down. What do you think :o

Sorry don't understand your post.
    What has he done to make you think he is trying to get them out of the competition?
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

^^^^^^^^Well said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you are saying the Yanks are thinking him ODD do I get that much right? which would stand in sted with the comments from some of the people I talk to in America, both North and South by the way not just east and west.

Yeah; he's not my favourite though, I don't really get him at all...:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

American music forums and blogs vs your few doesn't really compare does it:p Rappers in America make up raps on que, and they earn their position. No one is impressed with Cher over there.

lol Perez Hilton has zero influence where did you get such a silly idea. He's upset some hugely influential people in Hollywood and don't forget Cheryl's man will.i.am punched him in the face. I'm shocked he still has visitors to his site.
    Forum Member
    American music forums and blogs vs your few doesn't really compare does it:p Rappers in America make up raps on que, and they earn their position. No one is impressed with Cher over there.

lol Perez Hilton has zero influence where did you get such a silly idea. He's upset some hugely influential people in Hollywood and don't forget Cheryl's man will.i.am punched him in the face. I'm shocked he still has visitors to his site.

Oh has he still got a site must go and have a laugh then.. Americans love Cher my backside most of their rappers would rap her under the table, she is good but not that GOOD and even I will admit how many rappers we have over here is few.. but I do remember one rap group, god I had to live with them for years.. via my silly daughter, I had to turn off the radio if Take That came on as she was an E17 fan.. and I will say Brian could rap... bless him.. and do alot of other things not to be mentioned or be proud of ..

I thought this thread was about One Direction by the way.. how did it turn into a CHER thread...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh has he still got a site must go and have a laugh then.. Americans love Cher my backside most of their rappers would rap her under the table, she is good but not that GOOD and even I will admit how many rappers we have over here is few.. but I do remember one rap group, god I had to live with them for years.. via my silly daughter, I had to turn off the radio if Take That came on as she was an E17 fan.. and I will say Brian could rap... bless him.. and do alot of other things not to be mentioned or be proud of ..

I thought this thread was about One Direction by the way.. how did it turn into a CHER thread...
    Darren has 100% ruined my lovely thread:mad::mad::mad:
  • SeanHunterSeanHunter Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that the "winner" gets one crap Xmas record - with the same horrible video with clips of them at the auditions, getting picked, etc, Simon winking at them, getting announced as the winners - and THEN they disappear for nearly a year until the next X Factor series live show (by which time no one cares) who the hell would want to be a winner anyway.

The only thing wrong with 1 Direction is hair: Liam's bouffant beehive Justin Bieber monstrousity, and Harry's curly-girly moptop.

The'd be better off coming second and getting a decent single out by March.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Although I have mixed feelings in Cher, I think people like her attitude and potential more than anything, they want to work with her out of interest. In some ways they respect her for plugging on through the negativity.

I agree though that people don't realise how hard it is to break into rap, you REALLY have to earn your position, everyone thinks they can rap for some reason, which couldn't be further from the truth. There are some real tough cookies she would have to get through to be truly accepted in that field.