The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I think that Nolan has proved himself with the massive box office takes of both TDK and Inception. Inception shows that the audiences stick with him even if the idea is an "out there" one. I'd imagine that at this stage WB are just standing back and letting him do whatever he wants.

Here's hoping.

I've got nothing but faith in the man, myself, so I'm really hoping he will go there with the Knightfall thing. It's something from the comics that's been itching to be transfered to screen, in my opinion. :)
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read on Wiki that the guy who played Bane in Batman and Robin died just 2 months after the movie was released! How sad.

I like the choice of villains, although I did want a "new" villain in movie terms, someone we haven't seen on screen before. I remember reading about Mr Szasz (SP?) after the Dark Knight, as many put him forward as a good choice for next villain, and really thought he would fit in well into Nolan's Batman.

However, the last film had arguably 2 of the biggest Villains, only Penguin or Catwoman would probably come close in terms of general popularity and known by most people, (maybe the Riddler? or Mr Freeze up there too?) but Nolan managed to turn them into his own vision for them so they didn't become copycats or seem like they didn't belong in his setting, so I think he can manage to do the same for Catwoman, and most people probably won't remember Bane as they have erased B + R from their brains (I personally loved it, it was so OTT) so he'll be like a new villain for most if he has a large role in the film.

Now they just have the impossible job of getting Catwoman's costume right, without copying the infamous Michelle Pfeiffer costume, but without going so far away from it they end up at Halle Berry!
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    I think that Poison Ivy could make for some amazing scenes (visually).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I like the choice of villains, although I did want a "new" villain in movie terms, someone we haven't seen on screen before. I remember reading about Mr Szasz (SP?) after the Dark Knight, as many put him forward as a good choice for next villain, and really thought he would fit in well into Nolan's Batman.

Victor Zsaz was actually in Batman Begins in a fairly small role, he was one of the people leading the rioting in the slums.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice chioce of hathaway, and i'm in no way infuenced by that desicion to MAYBE be interested in the third batman movie from nolan .....

and i'm a little hopeful that he has some role in the next one after that one ..... MY story is still valid MR NOLAN! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just sad hat there is absolutely no way Warner is going to let this franchise go. Both Zack Snyder and Darren Aronofsky have expressed intrest in making a Batman movie. Warner would love to have them on board. So I'm sad to say even if this Nolan's last Batman film its very likely it won't be the last we see of the character.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Its just sad hat there is absolutely no way Warner is going to let this franchise go. Both Zack Snyder and Darren Aronofsky have expressed intrest in making a Batman movie. Warner would love to have them on board. So I'm sad to say even if this Nolan's last Batman film its very likely it won't be the last we see of the character.

noway will the franchise ever go away full stop

it will just get rebooted again and again and again:D..and again then maybe a decade break then rebooted again.....and again:D

look at spidey already rebooted the 1st only came out in 2002:rolleyes: not even a full 10 years

we could be looking at batman orgins all over again come 2015
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darren Aronofsky is apparently tipped to take over for the 4th film. God only knows what he will do with the franchise.
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Darren Aronofsky is apparently tipped to take over for the 4th film. God only knows what he will do with the franchise.

there will be no bale though

he said he wast doing anymore after this one
    and he strikes me as someone who will stick to that.

i think WB should just focus on superman and leave this franchise alone after this one for a good few years maybe 6-7 years then come back again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    personally i dont think that we will see "catwoman" in this film. the press release states selina kyle not selina kyle/catwoman. Maybe Nolan is going to leave it open for the next director to take on and have a much smaller influence like he is having on the new supeman film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    noway will the franchise ever go away full stop

it will just get rebooted again and again and again:D..and again then maybe a decade break then rebooted again.....and again:D

look at spidey already rebooted the 1st only came out in 2002:rolleyes: not even a full 10 years

we could be looking at batman orgins all over again come 2015
    Paddy C wrote: »

Does anyone think that Nolan's universe could be topped? I mean there will always be different takes on the story but before Batman Begins Burton's Batman was the definative take. Now Nolan has acheived massive public and critical acclaim with his 2D realistic take and now what many people say is the definitive Batman. Any future takes are surely going to be massive 3D super villain stories just to stay away from the Nolan universe.
    Forum Member
    personally i dont think that we will see "catwoman" in this film. the press release states selina kyle not selina kyle/catwoman. Maybe Nolan is going to leave it open for the next director to take on and have a much smaller influence like he is having on the new supeman film.

really do you think anne will be signed onto another batman film already and one without bale or nolan:confused:

but nolan does say "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story."

so would he be setting up catwoman for another film for a film when he plans on completlng the story
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    really do you think anne will be signed onto another batman film already and one without bale or nolan:confused:
    Maybe she turns into Catwoman the last 10 minutes, gets us all excited...then dies. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    i think she will take the backseat story kinda like harvey/two face

and bane will be the main guy

well i hope thats how it gos:D

id say bane will be really majorly different to how hes protrayed in comics
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Selina Kyle was a prostitute so it could just be she is a prostitute under the nickname Catwoman. Many people assumed The Penguin would be a mob oss just being known as the Penguin could easily be the same kind of thing here. It would also help ground it in reality.
    Forum Member
    its a good time to introduce catwoman actually bruce could be corrupted/seduced by her and hes alone now because racheals gone
    Forum Member
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3a/RobertSwenson-Bane.JPG

im sure nolan cant go wrong with tom hardy as bane he just needs to look at this pic and know what not to do:D

banes bio from wikipedia

i think this could work really well in the movie

Bane was born in the fictional Caribbean Republic of Santa Prisca, in a prison called Peña Duro ("Hard Rock"). His father had been a revolutionary and had escaped Santa Prisca's court system. The corrupt government however decreed that his young son would serve out the man's life sentence, and thus Bane's childhood and early adult life are spent in the amoral penitentiary environment.[3][4] Though imprisoned, his natural abilities allow him to develop extraordinary skills within the prison's walls. He reads as many books as he can get his hands on, builds up his body in the prison's gym, and learns to fight in the merciless school of prison life. Despite his circumstances, he finds teachers of various sorts during his incarceration, ranging from hardened convicts to an elderly Jesuit priest, under whose tutelage he apparently receives a classical education. Bane murders this priest upon his return to Santa Prisca years later. However, he commits his first murder at the age of eight, stabbing a criminal who wanted to use him to gain information about the prison.[4] During his years in prison, Bane carries a teddy bear he calls Osito (Spanish for "little bear"), whom he considers his only friend.[5] It is revealed that Osito has a hole in his back to hold a knife that Bane uses against anyone who bullies him.[3][4]

Bane ultimately establishes himself as the "king" of Peña Duro prison. The prison's controllers take note and eventually force him to become a test subject for a mysterious drug known as Venom,[4] which had killed all other subjects. It nearly kills him at first, but he survives and finds the drug vastly increases his physical strength, although he needs to take it every 12 hours (via a system of tubes pumped directly into his brain) or he would suffer debilitating side-effects

do we think hell do the whole tubes thing though:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see how Nolan could create a story revolving around these 2 villains. Does that mean this story will be more centered around Bale. Because to me thats what made Batman Begins the better film.
    Forum Member
    I can't see how Nolan could create a story revolving around these 2 villains. Does that mean this story will be more centered around Bale. Because to me thats what made Batman Begins the better film.

maybe people did say the villians overshadowed batman alot in the last movies

in catwomans very 1st orgin story she was never a prostitute was she:confused:

i wonder how there gonna pull her look off in nolans world
    wont she be cold?:D

maybe something like this
    http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/132/8/9/Catwoman___No_Allegiance_by_joshwmc.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Victor Zsaz was actually in Batman Begins in a fairly small role, he was one of the people leading the rioting in the slums.

Yeah, he was played by the lead singer of the band, 'James'. Tim Booth.
  • mrvervemrverve Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Does anyone think that Nolan's universe could be topped? I mean there will always be different takes on the story but before Batman Begins Burton's Batman was the definative take. Now Nolan has acheived massive public and critical acclaim with his 2D realistic take and now what many people say is the definitive Batman. Any future takes are surely going to be massive 3D super villain stories just to stay away from the Nolan universe.

Be interesting to see how they do that with Aronofsky's style. His films mostly involve telling a narrative with deep emphasis on the characters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what Hathaway should look like as Catwoman.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/uploads/catwoman%20tits.jpg
  • Dark GlassesDark Glasses Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Anne Hathaway??? seriously?

I mean SERIOUSLY?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Scarecrow will return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭