Options

Neighbours actress to leave

Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
Forum Member
✭✭
Jordy Lucas (Summer) has announced in this week's TV Week mag that she has quit Neighbours. She will film her final scenes in the coming weeks and Summer will be seen on air until late January 2013.

[news]'Neighbours': Summer Hoyland actress Jordy Lucas to leave show[/news]

Comments

• Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glad about this, maybe Libby will return to the Kennedy fold.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    wow. i dont watch neighbours anymore but i thought she was popular and she seemed to want to stay for ages going by her interviews.
  • Options
    Soaps Addict!!Soaps Addict!! Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have a link for the source? Only I cannot find anything? :S
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so hoping this was going to Kate.....:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have a link for the source? Only I cannot find anything? :S

It's in the magazine, that's why.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesssssss
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me while I jump around and sing.
  • Options
    Soaps Addict!!Soaps Addict!! Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jadelyn09 wrote: »
    It's in the magazine, that's why. Here's a scan of the article - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaffas_mum_uploads/7917194996/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Oh ok thanks for that! Summer is a good character but to be honest it doesn't bother me whether she leaves or not as I won't miss her as much as I will miss Jade! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    As I clicked this link, waiting for it to load, I was praying "PLEASE DON'T BE EVE MOREY!" haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, had to removed the link as we're not meant to share magazine scans on here apparently. I'm sure DS will put up a story eventually.
  • Options
    sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link! Quite shocked that Summer is leaving
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,312
    Forum Member
    I really like the majoiry of neighbours cast at the moment so it'll always be a blow when one of them leaves. Still I could see why Summer would want to go, she's got no family there anymore.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame. I like Jordy. She plays the self-important little madam very well. And she's a pretty red-head. I'll miss the sexual tension with Tash.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    I was so hoping this was going to Kate.....:cry:

Yep. Bloody annoying Pollyanna.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Maybe she will die. We've not had a death of a main character since Ringo in 2010.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jadelyn09 wrote: »
    Jordy Lucas (Summer) has announced in this week's TV Week mag that she has quit Neighbours. She will film her final scenes in the coming weeks and Summer will be seen on air until late January 2013.

Ta for the news. I like Summer and the actress who plays her but she has been overused.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    yay. good news :)
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Maybe she will die. We've not had a death of a main character since Ringo in 2010.
    They would have to bring at least Lyn back for that, they wouldn’t be able to have the funeral without at least some family.
  • Options
    sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    They would have to bring at least Lyn back for that, they wouldn’t be able to have the funeral without at least some family.

It's been a while since we had a main character die. I don't think Summer will die because Steph could be heading into a depression state after the year she had in 2010!!

But yes Lyn, Charlie, Max, Boyd and Steph need to return for Summer's funeral. But I highly doubt Summer will die because her exit storyline will be something related to Summer's new romance that will question her morals.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Such a shame, she was starting to blossom into a beautiful young woman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Don't really like her anyway
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Great news! I can't stand the stuck-up self important little madam! If she gets killed off, it'd be great if it could pave the way for Lyn and Steph to return. I can't say she'd be missed. Tash is a far more interesting character.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news! I can't stand the stuck-up self important little madam! If she gets killed off, it'd be great if it could pave the way for Lyn and Steph to return. I can't say she'd be missed. Tash is a far more interesting character.

No way would I trade Summer for Lynn. One of my least liked characters ever.
  • Options
    Louise_WoodLouise_Wood Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Great news, can't stand Summer, Tash all the way!