Options

Liverpool considers forbidding fast food from being served unless served on plates

Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
Forum Member
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2014/03/killjoy-liverpool-council-may-ban-al-fresco-fish-and-chips/

The reason is supposedly about litter, but I think it is an attempt to run fast food businesses out of business.

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a stupid idea.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    So what will it be paper plates and plastic cutlery, so you still end up with litter, stupid idea
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I fail to see any point in this, why would they even get involved with this. I though the council in Aberdeen were bad.^_^
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I see two problems with that article.

Firstly around here most, if not all, now serve fish & chips in a tray or box. You just don't seem to get it in just paper any more.

Secondly - wtf is that in the picture. Is a chippy selling frozen fish fingers? Not On!!!
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool City Council are useless anyway, they tried to ban fast food outlets from giving away free toys a few years ago, I think they have something against them. They also recently tried to ban smoking in films being shown here.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    All you need to know about Liverpool City Council can be summed up in two words.

Purple Wheelibins.

When they were deciding what colour to make the wheelibins they could have gone with brown to blend with the urban enviroment or green to blend with the suburban gardens like many councils did.
    But no. They decided to go with the City Councils corporate colour.....purple.
    The result is in thosands of streets, all over the city, all that stands out are those purple bleedin bins. And of course what makes it worse it in thosands of back to back streets the bins have to be out font all the time.
    You look down loads of streets any day of the week and all you can see is hundres of bleedin bins.

They take the term incompetent to a whole new level.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the desire to use plates is a hangover form the time Liverpool was decreed a city of culture!

Now having a McDonalds Double Cardboard Cheeseburger served on a plate - now that's what I call CULTURE (not!). Crikey, it's bad enough having one served in greaseproof paper!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    So what will it be paper plates and plastic cutlery, so you still end up with litter, stupid idea

If this is what will happen then yes, a very stupid idea. The plate and plastic cutlery will end up being thrown away.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I see two problems with that article.

Firstly around here most, if not all, now serve fish & chips in a tray or box. You just don't seem to get it in just paper any more.

Secondly - wtf is that in the picture. Is a chippy selling frozen fish fingers? Not On!!!

Chip shops generally reheat their chips up again if they don't get sold on the day they're made. They do up here anyway.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Chip shops generally reheat their chips up again if they don't get sold on the day they're made. They do up here anyway.

I don't know if that's the case these days but I remember in the past some people used to tell me never to go to the chippy as soon as it opens, because the chips were re-heated from the last time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A chippy near me had new owners and the first time I went in I asked for fish & chips and she started dishing it up and then said "Actually, would you mind waiting while I cook up some fresh ones for you?".
    I thought that was great service.

They also say never to order fish from a restaurant on a Monday as it's the leftovers from the weekend and the fishmongers aren't open on Sunday/Monday.

Not sure these days because a lot of fish is flash frozen on the boats and has been show to be better quality than 'fresh'.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When tey start ****ing about with how fish & chips is served then there'd better be a revolution very soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like I said, it's sad but fish & chips usually come in polystyrene cartons these days.
    If you have a long jounrny home then everything is soggy by the time you get to eat it :(
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    tim59 wrote: »

Oh I don't know, with it being Liverpool the locals will think they're back inside again and dispose of them the correct way.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I don't know, with it being Liverpool the locals will think they're back inside again and dispose of them the correct way.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably all the leftover suns they don't buy.