Options

EE: Lee was quite disgusting tonight

Comments

• Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    I read somewhere that PTSD storyline was postponed due to the BBC management being concerned it could cause controversy but that not been resolved and the storyline can now progress.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Danny Boy seems a real nice decent likeable bloke going by how he is and how he interacts on his social media accounts so Im confident that all at EastEnders HQ will be happy to have him stay long term.

If he does then Id say a longterm rivalry/animosity with Ben Mitchell has potentially been established and given Johnnys exit then rivaary or tensions storyline wise between the mitchells and carters may be played out now through this dynamic rather than through a West Side Story type romance between Ben and Johnny?

Yep. I think we may see a Mitchell VS Carter type scenario with Shirley and her new bloke vs Sharon/Phil. Lee/Ben, then you have Linda/Sharon friendship and so on..

I like your idea, would be a much more interesting dynamic. Plus I do get the feeling Lee will have PTSD and that will be explored.

Posters comparing Lee and Ben, the situations are completely different imo.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was cheering Lee, although i never support violence
    But then how often do see a straight man react like that towards homophobia. Not a lot, so it's nice.

In some way i don't understand johnny. The last scene we saw between Johnny and Ben was Ben throwing horrible comments to him in the vic. Then weeks later, Johnny invites him to his brother's birthday bash and acts that encounter never happened.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I was cheering Lee, although i never support violence
    But then how often do see a straight man react like that towards homophobia. Not a lot, so it's nice.

It is nice and it may be horrible to say this, but if everyone in this world reacted like Lee did toward people like Ben, we would be living in a better world.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Al_Stack wrote: »
    I think the whole point is building up to a PTSD storyline, it wasn't just fisticuffs for no reason.

totally agree with you on this
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is nice and it may be horrible to say this, but if everyone in this world reacted like Lee did toward people like Ben, we would be living in a better world.

The way Ben acts towards people I am surprised it does not happen more often.

And for everyone criticising Lee what about all the people the Philth has hurt and bullied over the years for no other reason than because he enjoys it?

At least Lee was defending his little brother - he just lost his rag.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lee did what a lot of people would have done. I'm not a violent person. I've never hit someone unless it was in self defence, but I can't say that I wouldn't have been wound up to the point of violence. I'm not entirely sure, since I've never been in that situation, but when you have someone saying disgusting things about a loved one in front of you, I imagine it's hard to keep cool.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Anyone else notice Lee say about Abi "she can stay, she hasn't killed anyone...that I know of" ?

Feels like they're trying really hard to hint that Abi is the killer, almost too hard. Still think Lola is most likely personally
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    I think Lee did what a lot of people would have done. I'm not a violent person. I've never hit someone unless it was in self defence, but I can't say that I wouldn't have been wound up to the point of violence. I'm not entirely sure, since I've never been in that situation, but when you have someone saying disgusting things about a loved one in front of you, I imagine it's hard to keep cool.

I agree.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Bens quite a disgusting individual OP.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Yep. I think we may see a Mitchell VS Carter type scenario with Shirley and her new bloke vs Sharon/Phil. Lee/Ben, then you have Linda/Sharon friendship and so on..

I like your idea, would be a much more interesting dynamic. Plus I do get the feeling Lee will have PTSD and that will be explored.

Posters comparing Lee and Ben, the situations are completely different imo.
    Unless Lee is Lucys killer which I doubt then hes very much morally superior/better than Ben.I think Harry Reid is cute but that doesnt blind me to Bens flagrant poor amount of remorse over Heather and George.
    I think the likely upcoming feuds are going to see alpha male antics all over the place!
  • Options
    Happy_MummyHappy_Mummy Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He reacted that way because he's been in the army and they have seen violence out there everyday, people being killed. When they come home they are very angry. You hear of people who have been in the army go mad or kill someone or need psychiatric help. He's not mad but it does mess them up in the head. The things they've seen!
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Lee get a little development, he's done very little so far.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Lee get a little development, he's done very little so far.

The actor seems quite capable when given something to do.

And we finally had a bit of realistic violence (not the Philth's endless 'owning' scenes).

These things happen all the time especially in rough working class areas - and for a lot less reason than defending someones brother.

TPTB now have a variety options with Lee other than just being Whitney's latest 'great love'.

I hope they take them. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    absolutely one punch can kill :(

they are doing a storyline in neighbours about how one punch can kill/do serious damage- they call it a coward punch.... never heard of it over here..........

Not so well heard of over here probably, because it's more of an Australian thing, most probably. When the SL was highlighted in an article on DS (I think) the "coward punch" was described almost as a type of "craze" that is currently sweeping Australia, if anything - so it won't be so well-known or even known at all, over here :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The actor seems quite capable when given something to do.

And we finally had a bit of realistic violence (not the Philth's endless 'owning' scenes).

These things happen all the time especially in rough working class areas - and for a lot less reason than defending someones brother.

TPTB now have a variety options with Lee other than just being Whitney's latest 'great love'.

I hope they take them. :)

Its really refreshing that their not overplaying his good looking potential Jack the lad status and instead playing the long game and doing the proper groundwork to make him three dimensional.It should pay off as he will become a longterm character rather than someone disposable.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Not so well heard of over here probably, because it's more of an Australian thing, most probably. When the SL was highlighted in an article on DS (I think) the "coward punch" was described almost as a type of "craze" that is currently sweeping Australia, if anything - so it won't be so well-known or even known at all, over here :confused::confused::confused:
    It was even mentioned in Home and Away tonight how one punch can kill so it does seem to be a well known thing in Australia but not here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    It was even mentioned in Home and Away tonight how one punch can kill so it does seem to be a well known thing in Australia but not here.

Ah right, fair enough. Yes, would say & agree that it's a well-known thing in Australia (especially with the one punch can kill thing being mentioned on Home and Away as well as the "coward punch" thing being in Neighbours), but no, not so well-known over here in the UK, apparently :-(
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    They have kind of showcased it in Emmerdale with Belle accidentally causing Gemma's death when she pushed her, Gemma fell and hit her head on the rock and then died from her injuries even though she was ok at first.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Its really refreshing that their not overplaying his good looking potential Jack the lad status and instead playing the long game and doing the proper groundwork to make him three dimensional.It should pay off as he will become a longterm character rather than someone disposable.

Well he's not particularly good looking and as for his Jack the lad status :confused: Isn't punching someone rather than talking a Jack the lad thing as well.

I don't find Lee convincing, refreshing or interesting and the idea that people are pleased that he attacked Ben for his remark :o Johnny had the best response IE laughing it off. Johnny knows that Ben is merely hiding his own homosexuality in this homophobic bravado and even then some stupid homophobic remarks are really not worthy of the kind of response Lee gave them. Laughing in the face of homophobes is so much better :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well he's not particularly good looking and as for his Jack the lad status :confused: Isn't punching someone rather than talking a Jack the lad thing as well.

I don't find Lee convincing, refreshing or interesting and the idea that people are pleased that he attacked Ben for his remark :o Johnny had the best response IE laughing it off. Johnny knows that Ben is merely hiding his own homosexuality in this homophobic bravado and even then some stupid homophobic remarks are really not worthy of the kind of response Lee gave them. Laughing in the face of homophobes is so much better :cool:

Oh Id say hes pretty good looking and Im far from alone in that going by what Ive read online.
    Oh I agree Johnnys reaction was more desirable and constructive,When I say Lees becoming more three dimensional Im not saying hes a saint.Im sure hes deeply flawed like most of us.
  • Options
    BrightonChicaBrightonChica Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I'm not a violent person but I do love an Eastenders punch up!
  • Options
    ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what Lee will do to Dean when he finds out he raped his mum? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Clackers wrote: »
    I wonder what Lee will do to Dean when he finds out he raped his mum? :o

Doesnt bear thinking!Wont be pretty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    i've never come across the term coward-punch in the uk, so looked it up on the internet when it became a storyline in neighbours....
    it seems to be a big problem over there.

Yes, it definitely seems like something that is causing big problems over in Australia, at the moment, thats true from what I've read, too :-)