Options

Should Jai McDowall be in the final?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont doubt that he is very talented but I always feel with people like him (16-30ish mainstream style singers) that should be on the X Factor not a variety show.
  • Options
    MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the public voted him through to the final, so obviously he should be there.

He might have been better auditioning for a part in the chorus of Les Mis, I just don't think he has what it takes to be a star, but the guy can sing well enough for a lesser stage role.
  • Options
    lisa1972lisa1972 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    I love this man, his voice is superb; Yes if he wants to go into theatre etc fine, i guess people like him arent happy singing out their genre which X Factor will make them do; good luck to him i want him, razy, and ronan as the top 3
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    I dont doubt that he is very talented but I always feel with people like him (16-30ish mainstream style singers) that should be on the X Factor not a variety show.
    But he's not a pop singer.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Discuss here if you believe he deserves his place in the final.

I hate it when people start threads like this expecting everyone to give their opinion when they don't give THEIRS :mad:
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    But he's not a pop singer.

In my opinion he seems mainstream.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    No he should be in the xfactor - oh wait he didn't make it through boo tcamp last year

Is this correct? Don't remember him
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    In my opinion he seems mainstream.

Musical theatre I would guess.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was okayish as a vocalist, but not outstanding : I thought he struggled a bit with the chorus (could be nerves perhaps).
  • Options
    SnicksterSnickster Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Compared to the 40 we have to chose from then yes I would put him in the top 10. The problem is that only 10 - 15 good acts are put in the 40 for us to chose from. If you put him next to other good opera/musical theatre singers then I don't think he wouldn't stand out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jai's a fantastic singer and such a likeable person too. So ... yes. I think he might win too. I'm rooting for either him or Ronan to win. :cool:
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should be on X Factor (as should all other serious singers on BGT), but I'm glad he got to the final all the same.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely. He is the most musically talented of the music-themed acts, he has a fantastic voice and he could easily have a good career as a popular classics/musicals type singer. If you actually listen to and don't look at the other acts 2 of them are only passable and both the keyboard players are dire.

I disagree Jai should be on X Factor. He is not a pop singer and the judges would never put him through to the public vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely yes. I agree completely with the article link below (7th paragraph down). Best in the competition. Go Jai!

Britain’s Got Talent 2011 - Live Show 4
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the assumption that the voting is not fixed, He must surely deserve to be there.

However, I note that he was not the programmes chosen one, or he would have been on last:)
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    On the assumption that the voting is not fixed, He must surely deserve to be there.

However, I note that he was not the programmes chosen one, or he would have been on last:)
    Well observed.