The Big Holby City Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Another good episode. My favourite moment was Jac and Elliot talking in the office:

Jac: I don't see your trophy
    Elliot: ...OBE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Love the Eddie and Luc stuff...but i hated the way last nights episode kept spinning around a trio of stories...i think Holby needs to focus more on just one or 2 stories...of course they always do the doctors/nurses and patients intertwined stories very well....were something that is happening to a patient mirrors that of the staff..i find lately though it all seems a bit disjointed..
    I am glad that Chrissie "gods gift to men" Williams is not in it as often...and i think Eddis is a refreshing change...stop Eddie bashing peeps :)
    Luc of course is gorge!!:o...anyhoo...just thought i'd pop in...heres hoping for more Eddie/Luc love:D:D....and of course ditch that F1...she just doesn't fit the Holby mould...
    Oh and Chantelle and Malick....they are caricatures already..imo...go Eddie and Luc...er..yes i am a fan..lol..:rolleyes:...

Yes at last someone else who's a fan of Eddi and Luc :) i dont get the Eddi bashing either, i think shes a refreshing change of the typical holby city nurses and i like her and Luc is lovely :)
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough I quite enjoyed Eddi in this week's episode, and I admit to having been a regular basher, up until now! (Luc is so lovely I don't mind who his romantic interest is, as long as he gets a storyline!)

I really DON'T like Serena so far - the smug smile, the archly suggestive voice, all very annoying - but I think that could change as the character comes into her own, it's early days yet and I think the actress has the potential to bring a lot more out of Serena. Holby have this fixed idea of what a strong, dominant woman is like but hopefully Serena can move away from their one-dimensional stereotype and develop a personality of her own, given time.

I do like Tara, I loved her 'people need stamps and envelopes' line, and I love seeing Elliot be kind to her. :)
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Funnily enough I quite enjoyed Eddi in this week's episode, and I admit to having been a regular basher, up until now! (Luc is so lovely I don't mind who his romantic interest is, as long as he gets a storyline!)

I really DON'T like Serena so far - the smug smile, the archly suggestive voice, all very annoying - but I think that could change as the character comes into her own, it's early days yet and I think the actress has the potential to bring a lot more out of Serena. Holby have this fixed idea of what a strong, dominant woman is like but hopefully Serena can move away from their one-dimensional stereotype and develop a personality of her own, given time.

I do like Tara, I loved her 'people need stamps and envelopes' line, and I love seeing Elliot be kind to her. :)

I'm the opposite to you - love Serena/Selena can't remember her name for her breath of fresh air and playing Rick up and seeing him seethe - bit of chemistry will be going on there I think.

Can't stand Eddi even more so with every episode she's in it. As I said before on here, the slow turning round of her head when Luc leaves the room. I actually think she and he look like brother and sister (look at the eyes.)

Tara - yuk, it's that voice it just feels like it doesn't belong to her! Horrible raspy **** voice.

I'm loving Malik and Hanssen just gets better. Jac was fab this week as was Elliot. I wondered how long it would be before Elliot pointed out how rude Jac was. Dr Valentine is just a joke because he wouldn't still be there after his failure on his exam and I'm sure Hanssen found out about this and said it was 'fine.' All in all, great writing over the past 3 weeks imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol...just realised on my last post i kept spelling Eddi...Eddie...oops....:eek:....oh well.....
    Comparing her and Luc and suggesting they look like family..:eek::eek::eek::eek:..OMG..how very dare you...
    Eddi is just a chilled kinda woman..and i notice all the characters in Holby have their own little traits....as the camera tends to linger on their faces, we often see little expressions on a characters face..time and time again......so Eddi(e)..lol...turning her head slowly to watch Luc is fine:D..after all hes worth a lingering slow look;)..
    one last random thought...if Malick was not gay...i think he and Channers would be perfect together...:)...yes?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this last episdoe and watching Mr Hanssen taking Jac down after she went loopy on the lovely Doctor Lo like that was air punchingly satisfying. (First the apology and now the sensitivity course - delicious!)

But that Serena bird, oh my word - she's creepy. It won't be long before she winds everyone up the wrong way and gets turfed out.

In any case, I will be rather sad to see Frieda go. She was arguably my favourite character on the show - she was cute as buttons in a sarcastic way and it would have been interesting to see her interact with Serena. (I'd have predicted handbags and snarkiness at fifty paces.) Holby just won't be the same without the person behind the Sunflower incident.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=

In any case, I will be rather sad to see Frieda go. She was arguably my favourite character on the show - she was cute as buttons in a sarcastic way and it would have been interesting to see her interact with Serena. (I'd have predicted handbags and snarkiness at fifty paces.) Holby just won't be the same without the person behind the Sunflower incident.[/QUOTE]

Yes i admit Frieda was a seriously good character....i would have liked her and Dr Spence to get together...she would have been good for him!...she certainly stole scenes she was in..however i did get the feeling from the start, that her character was not permanent....she had that individuality that Holby cannot always nurture..and indeed often we see a characters development stall..oooh..get me all serious:D
    I think the newbie Serena is a replacement for Connie Beecham...but no where near as effective...Serena is smug were Connie was just spectacular..anyway i was responding to the Frieda comment so i will go now...:p
  • thombo1thombo1 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Gunner 51 wrote: »
    In any case, I will be rather sad to see Frieda go. She was arguably my favourite character on the show - she was cute as buttons in a sarcastic way and it would have been interesting to see her interact with Serena. (I'd have predicted handbags and snarkiness at fifty paces.)

Same, if I thought an upcoming episode sounded rubbish I could look at the cast list and seeing Olga Fedori's name would guarantee there'd at least be one worthwhile scene.

By the way, I believe she actually interacts with Serena next week and weirdly enough it sounds like it's part of her exit storyline.
  • lord.dynamolord.dynamo Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Hope we're not about to lose Elliott, not really had a storyline since being in the Ukrain and that was only a single episode. I enjoy his scenes with Ric. Think he needs Connie back, always liked their friendship, I like those bits where the consultants show their friendships etc.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s19/holby-city/spoilers/a380076/wolfs-clothing.html
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that new consultant, can't remember her name, was very rude, unnecessarily so; not the way to behave in a new job IMHO.

I can't take to Eddi with her (to me) strange expressions on her face.

Luc will always be Maria's father in Sarah Jane Adventures for me:)

I shall miss Frieda so much.
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    I thought that new consultant, can't remember her name, was very rude, unnecessarily so; not the way to behave in a new job IMHO.

I can't take to Eddi with her (to me) strange expressions on her face.

Luc will always be Maria's father in Sarah Jane Adventures for me:)

I shall miss Frieda so much.

All characters seem to, at some point, get a patient that they get too personally involved/invested in or at least show more care over than usual. Usually there's a scene in theatre where the patients' dying and whichever surgeon is refusing to stop using the defibrillator. I wonder how she will act in such a situation.

And I'm with you on the Eddi face-pulling thing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thombo1 wrote: »
    Same, if I thought an upcoming episode sounded rubbish I could look at the cast list and seeing Olga Fedori's name would guarantee there'd at least be one worthwhile scene.

By the way, I believe she actually interacts with Serena next week and weirdly enough it sounds like it's part of her exit storyline.

If that Serena makes Frieda's exit a sad one, I shall not be a happy person. But I'm going to guess that she doesn't like being used as a political token and leaves.

The HR department in Holby must be in meltdown with all the departures the hospital is going through.
  • gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope we're not about to lose Elliott, not really had a storyline since being in the Ukrain and that was only a single episode. I enjoy his scenes with Ric. Think he needs Connie back, always liked their friendship, I like those bits where the consultants show their friendships etc.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s19/holby-city/spoilers/a380076/wolfs-clothing.html

Who is 'Ella' in that link?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Tuesdays episode, with the exception of the Serena/Ric/Malick storyline. I thought Ric was brilliant, but I agree with many above posters about Serena being a little bit like a panto villain. Last week, when she was helping Malick with his negligence case, I thought she was a little bit good, sort of from the Hanssen School of Dealing With People, but this week she dissolved into some sort of bossy boots mother-knows-best type. Also Malick seems quite quick to hitch his wagon to whomever agrees with him that week lately, which doesn't really suit his character. I miss his interactions with Chantelle, I think they make a good team.

Also my favourite line of the week. "...OBE." Absolutely adored Elliot this week as well, although he is one of the few characters who is consistently great. Even though I'm not a massive fan of Dr. Lo, I did think her interaction with Elliot was good. I'm a bit disappointed that she conquered her little fainting problem off screen, though. I thought it was going to be an interesting storyline, seeing how a new doctor/surgeon copes with the minor inconvenience of passing out every time she sees blood. I guess she must have gotten desensitised off screen. Also loved Olly's 'go to your happy place' speech with her when Jac was barreling down the corridor.

In the minority here as I love Eddi and Luc*, but I'm getting a little bit fed up with the annoying habit the wiriters have of linking a patients dilema to one the staff are currently having. Reminds me of that episode of Scrubs where JD tells another character that he 'was just using a situration with a patient to deal with a problem in his own life.'

Jordan: "Seems coincidental."

JD: "And yet I do it every week."

*In response to a previous poster, I'm going to abbreviate them to Lucie (Lucy) or Luccie (Lucky). :D
  • JordanJ7JordanJ7 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    The thing that annoys me about Holby which I guess could apply to most soaps is cast changes. We all know some people want to keep broadening their horizons so they might only spend a year or two on the show, which is fine. But the guys that stick around they never give very good storylines too. I mean look at Ric. He's been there what, 11 years this year? Maybe 12? I'm not sure but the last storyline he had was the cancer storyline. (Which by the way I'm glad he never left during). He needs more screen time because when he is on screen I think he's fantastic. Also look at Michael and Elliot. They've both got to of been around for 6-7 years or so now. Michael did have the plastics scandal and the Ukraine episode so he has had some storylines. But Elliot, they haven't really done all that much for him since Connie left. Apart from the Ukraine episode I guess.

I wish they'd build the show around the likes of Ric, Michael & Elliot and not around the people that play bit part roles.

Serrina or whatever her name is - ugh, I hope this is an annoying phase that the character eases out of (very quickly) or I shall be annoyed. I didn't really think Keller needed any new characters. I think Darwin needs some now Greg and she who shall not be named have gone. I think they get one next week but they could've stuck Serrina down there. Would've been nice to see some Jac/Serrina arguments.

Sorry for the long rant. lol :D
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Lips wrote: »
    Is Eddi's brother the same actor who played Daz in Emmerdale?

No, actually, the one in Emmerdale and the one in Holby are twin brothers. Emmerdale's one is called Luke Tittensor, don't know what the Holby bro's real name is.
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other one is called Elliott, but according to imdb.com, it was Luke who was in Holby City not Elliott.

Watching the preview for tomorrow night, I am looking forward to it. Hope they don't focus too much on AAU though, want loads of Frieda before she leaves.
  • Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When DS announced 'Mad May' as having a role, in the same article it says Luke Tittensor is also appearing as Eddi's brother. :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s19/holby-city/news/a361892/coronation-street-mad-maya-lands-holby-city-role.html
    Forum Member
    Are we about the lose more than just Frieda?

Elliott - considering his future and leaves to be a lecturer? http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s19/holby-city/spoilers/a380076/wolfs-clothing.html
    Sacha - Chrissie sad after Sacha dies from being stabbed? http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s19/holby-city/spoilers/a381023/double-bubble.html
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we about the lose more than just Frieda?

Elliott - considering his future and leaves to be a lecturer? http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s19/holby-city/spoilers/a380076/wolfs-clothing.html
    Sacha - Chrissie sad after Sacha dies from being stabbed? http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s19/holby-city/spoilers/a381023/double-bubble.html
    Really hope Elliot isn't off too. Surely something would've been leaked if he was?

But Sacha isn't going to die because of what Bob Barrett said in the other article.

"I think there will be an aftermath and it's a long-term thing. Initially what happens affects Sacha quite a lot and I think once something like this has happened to a character, it's always there. He'll never forget it.
    But something like this can make a character stronger, too. It affects the relationship between Sacha and Chrissie as well, which is very interesting. If anything, it strengthens their relationship because of what they've experienced together."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG baby Malick on Holby City on Sony playing a paranoid schizophrenic! So young!!n:D
    Forum Member
    TO ALL FRIEDA FANS: was looking for a new horror film to watch last night and came across a film called Mum and Dad, it's relatively new and couldn't believe it when I saw Frieda as the victim who's held captive by two weirdos - not for the faint hearted. If anyone's interested here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctfsELU3TSU

Very interesting as Penny Valentine actress starred in another horror movie called the Reeds, haven't got the link but good to see our fave actresses spreading out into different fields.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TO ALL FRIEDA FANS: was looking for a new horror film to watch last night and came across a film called Mum and Dad, it's relatively new and couldn't believe it when I saw Frieda as the victim who's held captive by two weirdos - not for the faint hearted. If anyone's interested here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctfsELU3TSU

Very interesting as Penny Valentine actress starred in another horror movie called the Reeds, haven't got the link but good to see our fave actresses spreading out into different fields.:)

She looks so young in that film and without the heavy makeup she looks so vulnerable.....cute though! ;)
    Forum Member
    Kat1985 wrote: »
    She looks so young in that film and without the heavy makeup she looks so vulnerable.....cute though! ;)

She does look cute Kat - had to look twice when I saw the trailer :)
This discussion has been closed.