Posting pics to FaceBook thread with Ipad

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am dim, dim, dim I know! I can post pics to my FaceBook page OK. I can't post a pic to a thread though. It comes up With camera pic beside comment box and I press "add photo" and nothing happens.

also I can never tag someone. I don't get the little blue scrolling thing with names anymore. Have I got something turned off ..... Apart from my brain that is!!:D

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely someone on here knows how to post pics?
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Sorry - couldn't tell you specifically on iOS but the process you are following is how you would do it on android. The camera icon would bring up your gallery or an option to take a picture. If yours does nothing then I'm guessing its a bug or something specific to iOS. Have you tried rebooting ?
  • zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It differs slightly depending if you're using the web page (i.e. Safari) or the Facebook App.

In the app, tap Comment on the thread, the comment field shows with the little camera icon to the right, you tap that to show the various albums, camera roll, photo stream sources. Choose one of these to show photos and choose the photos to post.

On the web page, it's almost the same, except that the 'Write a comment' field is already present, so tap the camera icon and it says 'Attach a photo'... So tap the icon a second time and a pop-up menu with 'Take Photo' or 'Use Library' will show. From there it's as before.

The one difference I can see is there is no way to access the camera directly if posting to a thread using the App - the photo has to be taken with the camera app... However if you use the 'Post photo' button at the very top of your feed, the top left button with the camera icon does let you use the camera direct.
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With an iPhone I do it the other way round. Go to the photo library and find the photo you want to post. Press select at top right and a blue tick will appear on photo. Go to bottom of screen on left side there is a square with an arrow pointing up. Click on this and it will give you the option to post on facebook or email etc. When you press facebook the photo comes up on your facebook page and you can then click above it and write what you want. (It may be under it, can't think right now).

If you want to tag someone just include their full name in a post and it will come up on their page.
  • zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for sure, that method works too, probably easier... depends where you are in iOS i guess