Things that are hated by everyone?

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone likes the new Dalek design...
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    One reason I now dislike Fear Her - it was set in the future. AKA 2012. Makes me feel old!
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    Everyone agrees Adric was dreadful
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Bonnie Langford?

I'd sooner have both of them back forever than have Amy back for a quick cameo I'd sooner be kicked in the nuts with a steel toe capped boot than ever have to see Amy again
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Slitheen gave us Margaret, and the brilliant SJA story The Lost Boy. I'll keep them. :p

The Adipose were a fantastic addition, and totally different in the sort of threat they posed. It was great to see an alien that wasn't criminal, evil or bad.

Absorbaloff was pretty awful, yes. Peter Kay considers it his biggest career blunder too, or something to that effect. All the same, I know people who like the character.

I think the Absorbaloff is hilarious and I dislike the Slitheen and the Adipose.

There will be no consensus with any of this stuff, not even Adric. There's always that one fan cropping up to insist that Timelash is a work of genius.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    There's always that one fan cropping up to insist that Timelash is a work of genius.

Holy moley, I hope he's on medication...
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Michael grade
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scumcat wrote: »
    Michael grade

Bingo! I think you've got it! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Bingo! I think you've got it! :D

Oh, I don't know. Grade's music hall retrospectives have been reasonably entertaining and, as their agent, he was in large responsible for Morecambe & Wise's move to the BBC.

So no, I do not hate Michael Grade. Nyah!
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Oh, I don't know. Grade's music hall retrospectives have been reasonably entertaining and, as their agent, he was in large responsible for Morecambe & Wise's move to the BBC.

Lol :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's always one.:p:rolleyes:;):D
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry. Another non-hater of Michael Grade here. I just like the mischievous twinkle in his eye when he talks about axing the show. He was a rascal sure, but I you've got to admire his chutzpa.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I don't think anyone likes the new Dalek design...

I liked it on the Supreme (White) Dalek. And the red daleks looked mightily impressive with their new paint job in Asylum of the Daleks. :)
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Has anyone said they liked Colin Baker's costume yet? :D
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love and monsters

Worst new who epiosde ever!

In a way as a whole series 2 was the worst season by far of the revived series.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I don't think Love and Monster is that good but it's much better than The Rings of Akhaten I don't think I've seen a worse episode in Nu Who or Classic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Love and Monster is that good but it's much better than The Rings of Akhaten I don't think I've seen a worse episode in Nu Who or Classic

I loved the Rings. I loved the story, but the music really made it something special.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm another one in the minority that didn't mind love and monster.

The absorbawhatsit was dreadful though. I'm sure the kid that designed that for Blue Peter, is now a grumpy teenager who keeps telling everyone that the BBC ruined his idea by casting Peter Kay!
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    wowboy wrote: »
    Love and monsters

Worst new who epiosde ever!

In a way as a whole series 2 was the worst season by far of the revived series.

For me, it doesn't get worse than The End of Time: Part 1 or The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe.

Love & Monsters was weak in execution, but there was an inventive idea hiding in there somewhere, and some stellar work from Camille Coduri. :) It's a relatively poor episode overall, but it isn't as bad as many make it out to be.

And I'd agree with Granny on The Rings of Akhaten. A beautiful episode, that was made stunning with the songs as well.
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The farting Slitheen, the Adipose, Absobaloff and the whole of Fear Her ?

^^^ This ^^^

It;s funny kids stuff for the parents, the kids themselves find it beneath them, It's patronising!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    I think the Absorbaloff is hilarious and I dislike the Slitheen and the Adipose.

There will be no consensus with any of this stuff, not even Adric. There's always that one fan cropping up to insist that Timelash is a work of genius.

I think Timelash part 1 is quite entertaining in it's own way. Part 2 is bloody awful though. I don't mind Adric for the most part, I'd have a harder time defending Mel, though arguably that was due to the writing more than Langford.

As mentioned, you're never going to get a consensus on this, people will happily defend everything. I don't understand how anyone could like Victory of the Daleks, but people do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Colin Baker's costume, sure. JLT, maybe. But the ultimate thing everyone in fandom is sure to despise:

The Doctor being half-human on his mother's side in the TV movie. A close second is Eric Roberts as the Master.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Oh, and a close third is the abandoned-hospital interior of the TARDIS in the Invasion of Time. No one wants to imagine the most mysterious and wonderful thing in the universe that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Speed Cameras.
    Queues.
    Brussel Sprouts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOSSerr wrote: »
    I'd rather have Adric than bloody Clara :mad:

Id rather have Mel than Rose or Donna.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it doesn't get worse than The End of Time: Part 1 or The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe.

Love & Monsters was weak in execution, but there was an inventive idea hiding in there somewhere, and some stellar work from Camille Coduri. :) It's a relatively poor episode overall, but it isn't as bad as many make it out to be.

And I'd agree with Granny on The Rings of Akhaten. A beautiful episode, that was made stunning with the songs as well.

I liked The End of Time and think The Rings of Akhaten is the worst ep I've seen....can't argue with you about The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe being terrible though.