Options

Grants secret son and other soap secrets

2»

Comments

• Options
    Little StarLittle Star Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this storyline has to be resolved at some point. It is a complete waste of what was a half decent storyline around twenty years ago.

I presume when they originally wrote it, they were hoping that Susan Tully, Ross Kemp and Letitia Dean would all be in the show again together at some point. I think that the likelyhood of all three being there at the same time is slim, so they should just resolve it without Michelle being present imo. Perhaps Mark Junior could arrive on the square to stay with Uncle Martin, having now been told the truth about his parentage.

As others have said, if Ross Kemp is only returning for a short time, then the storyline would probably be overshadowed by Peggy's death, but it does need to be resolved and most probably when they have Grant present.

I think that both Vicky and Mark Fowler could be significant additions to Eastenders (if they were properly cast) with the links to the Fowlers and also Den, Sharon and Grant. I'm actually surprised that nobody has thought to reintroduce them as adults by now, particularly with Martin back in the show now.

Looking back on the storyline, it really doesn't paint Michelle in a good light. Grant deserved to know about his son and Mark Junior deserved to know his father. In addition, she was with her 'best friend' Sharon in America and has clearly been lying to her for all of these years too. After she'd previously lied to her about Vicky being Den's daughter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Frank Butcher's secret son, Danny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Mark needs to be introduced with Courtney
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that if they bring Mark in, they drop the 'jnr' - He is NOT Marks son!

Unless his nickname is MJ for short.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Michelle/Grant reveal would not work unless Michelle was in the show. And Michelle isn't coming back, so it's not going to happen. Even if it was revealed now, there's virtually no potential for dramatic impact. Sharon and Grant have been divorced for 20 years, and Sharon doesn't even mention Michelle any more so they're not exactly close. The only reaction worth seeing would be Grant vs Michelle, which, as I said, is not going to happen.

It's just one of those things that is never going to be resolved.