Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 9)

Comments

• jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hammerfan wrote: »
    Stands, raises glass of sambuca (cleverly disguised as coffee ;) ) and sits back down again.

As suggested by Alfie, I wish the two girls would join a slimming club, lose the weight & get a life. It would be fantastic and they could do the zeleb route a bit, there are plenty of people who are famous who have no talent. They could make a fortune in the "I used to be fat" business. They just can't see it, it's such a shame. Just imagine - the girls would be an inspiration.

I suggested that ages back - look at the success Sarah Ferguson had as the 'face' of Weight Watchers, for a start. She earned millions from being the walking, talking advert for the company. And now Pauline Quirk is the face of LighterLife - she got her sachets, packs and classes for free in return for promoting them, and now she's at a good weight she's still working for them. Rosemary Conley is her own walking advertisement, so Slimming World are the other main slimming club/aid known in the UK but without a 'human face' - Sam and Emma could make a real go of that. They could do it, advertise it, work for them (lots of working 'jollies') and write diaries and articles that would be published and paid for. But they're too stubborn, too stupid and too lazy to even put the thought into that, let alone actually do it. Think back to series one when the girls went to the UK Wellspring, actually - if they'd have made a go of that they could BOTH be working for Wellspring by now!
    character wrote: »
    I think you all do this thinking it is funny, when you don't think of the hurt you are causing people. Debs runs a website and has had 3 years of bullying towards her, including phone calls to her home scaring the life out of her kids, she has had someone report her business so she nearly lost her home, and now she has to read all of this and on her peition as well, which she has now had to delete. Having a laugh is fine, but when it gets personal on here with names being mentioned, it isn't funny anymore is it?

No one on here has been bullying or abusive - I haven't read anything even remotely close. You'll find that most of the really abusive stuff on the FB threads is NOT from people who are also on here, it's coming from people she's accepted on to her page purely from FB itself - so they're the ones you should be targeting your anger at, not the DS posters having a bit of fun with puns and plays on words to make up amusing names. It's not the DS people who are swearing and using profanities on FB, it's the not the DS people who have given Debs any personal grief - yes, we do laugh at her because she seems to take the Chawners so genuinely seriously, but then she's asked for a reaction by making it a public site, so a reaction she got. Whatever has happened to her before this is unfortunate, but hopefully she's learnt from her mistakes when it comes to what she posts online for all the world to see - that's not DS's responsibility either, the responsibility lies with Debs herself.

And actually, I have to say, that some of the most abusive, rude and unpleasant posts on FB have been posted by the few genunine Chawner fans, usually when attacking anyone who dares to speak the truth about their lazy, idle, scrounging ways - and poor K (who does actually know them because of being the mother of their grandchild) has been subjected to being called a liar by people who either don't know who she is (in relation to the Chawners) or don't believe her when she lays it on the line how Bio hasn't edited anything badly at all (because that really is how the Chawners live) but K has no need to lie about it when she knows that we have all seen them on TV for ourselves. But she's the one who's suffered a huge amount of written abuse from Debs and her so-called friends.
    I think the fact that the house is filthy contributes to their illnesses as much as being unfit and morbidly obese does. That dish cloth they washed up with was way beyond dirty for a start. I can't imagine washing my pots with something crawling with germs. Then again I'm lazy myself and can't imagine washing up. Loading the dishwasher is more than enough effort.

Oh God, that kitchen turns my stomach! If it's not using one chopping board and knife for everything for one meal it's the sticky, horrible floor, and if it's not a sink full of dishes that haven't even been put into soak, let alone washed, it's work tops strewn with everything from kitchen waste to dirty pairs of shoes. I am not the tidiest person in the world, and my kitchen table is rarely totally cleared of bits and bobs, but I hate being dirty and I am very hot on kitchen hygiene - watching the Chawners prepare that chicken stir fry - sorry, stew fry - made me heave because they evidently have no idea about using the right tools for the job, or the order in which they should be chopping things on a board if you only have one board (chicken last!).

I suppose when the height of their culinary preparation has been stabbing/peeling back the plastic lid on ready meals so they can be microwaved, they haven't got a clue about basic kitchen prep and cooking techniques. Sam proved as much when she didn't know how to stir fry. No wonder it wasn't very tasty - she stewed it to within an inch of its life and then had her pantomime paddy over a tablespoon of oil! It's basic stuff, but they need to learn everything from how to plan a weekly menu, shop for it, store it and - finally - how to cook what they've got in a healthy way. It's so important - but unless or until they want to be bothered nowt will change.

Which takes us neatly back to any 4th series... what could it possibly show? They don't want to change anything or do anything except watch TV and argue and keep each other company in their own little world of Chawner. What else is there left to see? Nothing of any interest. Sorry, Chawners, but I think your time is up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this series on Bio - http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/shows/my-big-fat-operation/about.html

I hope the Chawners watch this as it is going to look into people's past and find out the reasons they overeat etc.

Surely they must realise that if they carry on like this they aren't going to have much life left.

:D Ya think? Why would they change? It's their claim to fame ( and benefits) If they ever wanted to "get real" they'd have started when Bio first gave them the incentive. But it was far better making up as many excuses as possible. A fact Bio soon realised- they make far better telly being their usual idle disfunctional selves. A more self aware, as opposed to self obsessed person would have realised they were soon being stitched up and Bio were taking the piss. But unfortunately, they live and die by how many times they are on that box in the Living room.

Though I do think both Aud and Phiz had disfunctional upbringings Aud is intelligent enough to know that feeding her children to the point of morbid obesity is a type of child abuse. She's just got that bone idle gene, unfortunately. So it's not her fault! Parenting is hard work, it requires a lot of effort so Aud passed on that one, I think.

As for Phiz what would he have to talk about if he changed?He defines himself by his and his families' illnesses. He doesn't want to change. I rather think he's suffring from Munchaussen's Disease. He's been so ill (in his own mind) for so long, that wellness would scare him witless.
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    Well said Tally!

let's get back to the fun thread we had before the last series kicked off.

I'm just wondering whether to send the Chawners a packet of mini eggs via Bio, they did say they only had a minute Easter Egg each. What do you think?

oh yes.... definitely!! :D
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jersey, Hammerfan and Tally - all great posts.

I've not been a contributor to this thread for very long but I have to say I feel quite proud of how balanced the views here have been, especially towards the Chawners. Quite a few of us here have weight and/or health problems of our own and understand how hard it is to conquer them.

But people like Debs need to ask themselves if defending and championing the Chawners to the extent they do, where they can do no wrong in their eyes, where their lifestyles are admired and their characters held up to be shining examples of British citizenship, is actually doing the Chawners any favours? Isn't it far better, and in the long run kinder, to try offering them solutions and coping strategies in order to improve and lengthen their lives? By running such websites where they are feted, people like Debs are feeding their egos and validating their choices to live the way they do - and giving them no reason or incentive to improve their situation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: NOOOOOOO. You cant send them a whole packet. You'd have to open it up and send them one teeny egg each.

;) Because that's what Sam said they ate, just one small mini egg ( complete with thumb and finger measurements) right back in the beginning when telling the world of how little and healthy was the food they consumed. :p
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :eek: NOOOOOOO. You cant send them a whole packet. You'd have to open it up and send them one teeny egg each.

;) Because that's what Sam said they ate, just one small mini egg ( complete with thumb and finger measurements) right back in the beginning when telling the world of how little and healthy was the food they consumed. :p

oh yes....you are quite correct....:D:D:D:D
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greengran, I love the mini-egg idea, and the great thing is, once you've taken 4 out to go to Chawner towers, you get the rest of the bag for yourself - sounds like a win/win situation to me! :D

Are there classes available that teach basic life skills? Maybe the two girls could do with this? Put them in their own flat and then have someone teach them everything - how to communicate, how to clean, how to cook, how what you do has consequences, you know, the usual stuff that if we're lucky, our parents teach us? That would be worth doing, also people who maybe didn't have the opportunity to have parents to teach them, could get help too.

The main catch - Phil & Audrey cannot visit them for at least 6 months to a year, to give the training time to sink in with Emma & Sam.

There bio tv, there's my pitch - what do you think?
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here here!

I think my fav bit of the Chawner's was when they were called into an 'emergency' meeting with Bio and Aud said "we want to show the public if we can do it anyone can!".

It's all about the trifle and lettuce apparently!
    Good old Audrey, she's such a good role model. Or should that be roll model? Bless her chubby little heart, I think she really believes she is an inspiration to us all
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post.blame my phone!
  • charmingbillycharmingbilly Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if Sam and Emma have thought of adding mobile nose-hair braiding to their services?
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great posts once again folks!

I've been reading this thread (and contributing when it all got too much for me and I had to let off steam :o) since Part One and the first series of Chawnerville with St Lorraine. I have never seen any of the regular contributors (past and present) say anything really nasty or repulsive about them such as the things you see on Facebook and Twitter. Perish the thought! It wouldn't be tolerated and the posters would be sent packing. But as has already been said the Chawner's have put themselves out there so in effect it's open season. They're so keen to be 'famous' (or infamous?) but want none of the crap that goes with it? Tough. No one to blame but themselves. But if Bio isn't doing another series then their 'fame' will wane anyway, things will quieten down eventually.

The way I see it this brilliantly entertaining thread has consisted of gentle ribbing (and some not so gentle :D) with genuine sounding off when we're reminded of the Chawner's laziness, ignorance and arrogance - and let's face it that last series did them no favours at all so it's not surprising that people have turned on them. How anyone can actively support them is beyond me! Support them in what exactly? Sitting on their @rses listing their (mainly self-inflicted) ailments while the rest of us go out to pay for them? It's not like they're even grateful for the money, they think it's their 'right' :mad: Oh God, I'm going off on one again :o As I was saying before I got sidetracked - there's been nothing vile, hideous or downright cruel on here which is alot more than can be said for the social media sites.

Though the best thing I ever saw on this thread was the Chawner merchandise complete with the excellent photo-shopping to illustrate their ideas, the Christmas stuff was particularly gigglesome! Classic. Absolutely hilarious and brilliantly inventive :):D Oh and the song titles, lyrics! Chawntastic!
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if Sam and Emma have thought of adding mobile nose-hair braiding to their services?

They ought to do dye jobs on nose hair as well. That way all Phil's hair would match.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They ought to do dye jobs on nose hair as well. That way all Phil's hair would match.

Ooh! Purple nose hair!

Phil's nostrils could have their own show!
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    Ooh! Purple nose hair!

Phil's nostrils could have their own show!

I still think Phil and Sam should have a makeover show. Sam could do their hair while Phil made them a whole new wardrobe out of furnishing fabrics.
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, adapt song titles to encompass 'Nose Hair or Nasal Hair

1. I love the nose hair. ( I love the night life.)

2 I can't give you anything but my nose hair ( but my love)

3. Second Hand nose hair. ( second hand rose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4. Nose Hair in the Wind
    "It seems to me that you lived your life like a...."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4. Tainted nose hair ( tainted love)

5 Lets talk about nose hair ( lets talk about sex)

6. Will you still love my nose hair tomorrow ( me).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Phil and Sam should have a makeover show. Sam could do their hair while Phil made them a whole new wardrobe out of furnishing fabrics.
    And Aud could give deportment lessons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    4. Tainted nose hair ( tainted love)

5 Lets talk about nose hair ( lets talk about sex)

6. Will you still love my nose hair tomorrow ( me).

7. Nose hair over the rainbow...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I think you all do this thinking it is funny, when you don't think of the hurt you are causing people. Debs runs a website and has had 3 years of bullying towards her, including phone calls to her home scaring the life out of her kids, she has had someone report her business so she nearly lost her home, and now she has to read all of this and on her peition as well, which she has now had to delete. Having a laugh is fine, but when it gets personal on here with names being mentioned, it isn't funny anymore is it?

I don't know who first mentioned names and like the other posters commenting, that is not on.

This is Chawnerville pure and simple, a laugh at the antics of them and we did all want them to succeed and pull themselves together despite the laughs along the way.

I have no idea about your website or the threats but, speaking as a mum, the second I got one phone call to my house or if anything upset my children because of a 'hobby', then I'd have pulled the plug. That's not being 'cowardly' or 'giving in', that is called putting my RL before the internet freaks. I'm sorry you had to go through that but I think you're looking in the wrong place in this instance, even with the threats about 'wrong person to mess with' that was previously posted on here. Seriously, get some air.

This place is for a quick laugh, a five minute coffee break. We all, without exception, are disgusted with how the REAL Chawners came across in the last series. They really are lazy, scrounging wastes of space. They have had everything thrown at them to help them. Philip is a carer who doesn't care. Emma is a talented nobody who thinks the world owes her, Audrey is obviously depressed and needs help and Sam needs the strength to get out. Jenny is lucky she hasn't been sat on or run away during her 'one walk a week to the bench and back' and as for the dog in the box, disgusting.

There are people furious with them for the amount of fiddling and scrounging they do. Anyone not angry in some way just can't be aware of all things Chawn. You are defending the inexcusable and you are bound to get some comeback from this. People in the UK go without food so their children can eat, I have and do regularly, guess what? I'm not on benefits but minimum wage. My partner hasn't watched a full episode because, quite frankly, I can't afford to buy a new television if he did.

People will get angry and will find a source to take their anger out on, from what I've seen on this thread, we know when to walk away or turn the telly over.
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With the greatest respect, Debs bullying on her own website is nothing to do with what's happening here. I've only joined in January, but I lurked for a long time, and I've never found anything beyond good natured ribbing and nothing like the bullying you describe. Debs put her name on the petition, if she didn't want to have people signing that weren't genuine, she shouldn't have bothered. it would take far more than the 20-30 genuine signatures to get anywhere with Bio anyway, I'm pretty sure.

I think Chawnerfans have to face it, the family didn't match up to what was asked of them - no weight loss, no jobs (apart from Sam) and still living their lazy lifestyle with Phil placing the blame squarely at the door of everyone else and not at their own. A television company can't be expected to spend 1000's of £'s of cash with damn all from the Chawners to show for it. The point of this thread - a long running one which would have been closed long ago if there'd been any 'bullying' - is to point out that people don't like the fact their money is paying for the Chawner's lazy lives. If they didn't want criticism, they should never have started out on the road to 'fame at any price' which is what it seems like to a lot of us here.

I'm sure Debs is a hard working lady, but I think she needs to ask herself if she likes the fact that her tax is being used to subsidise the lives of the weak willed, feckless Chawners.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lorry wrote: »

8. Nose Hair Knows the Trouble I've Seen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lorry wrote: »

9. Tears dry on their nose hair (Winehouse)

10. Five colours in her nose hair (McFly)

11. Love grows where my nasal hair goes (Edison lighthouse)

12. Nasal hair killed the radio star (Buggles)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9. Tears dry on their nose hair (Winehouse)

10. Five colours in her nose hair (McFly)

11. Love grows where my nasal hair goes (Edison lighthouse)

12. Nasal hair killed the radio star (Buggles)

13. Gonna Wash that Man Right Out of My Nose Hair
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12. Yes Sir , that's my Nose Hair.
This discussion has been closed.