I went into Tesco's today and the cashier said do you want to use the self scan

Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She had no customers I walked up to cashier, and she said, 'Do you want to use the self scan.'

I said not really and put my 3 items on the counter....:rolleyes:

I was a little shocked, if she was busy, and having only 3 items, i would of probably used it. But she had no customers, and I had 3 items:eek::eek:

Bizarre

Comments

• wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lazy bugger... you could have allowed the cashier to have their tea and scanned the 3 items!

Very mean!!
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They get a tenner bonus for every person they coerce into using self serve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'd probably offer you some petrol if her house was on fire too.

Some people just can't see what's coming and they positively welcome it! :eek:
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They get a tenner bonus for every person they coerce into using self serve.

They wish!!
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's called tesco!!!!!!! :o not tescos. why do people do that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The voice on the self-scanning tills always aggravate me, why can't they get someone with a pleasant voice like erm... Judi Dench, Brian Blessed, Joanna Lumley or even Stephen Fry.
  • sarky sparksarky spark Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or Darth Vader?
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I refuse to use them- Tesco are only having them to increase profits and sack employees which I don't agree with :(
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SummerRain wrote: »
    :D:D:D

but why? You wouldn't say you were going to Asdas, or Argoses. :D
  • lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    I refuse to use them- Tesco are only having them to increase profits and sack employees which I don't agree with :(

I prefer them, don't have to put up with the pointless chatter from the cashier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lym wrote: »
    I prefer them, don't have to put up with the pointless chatter from the cashier.

I imagine you must be quite anti-social then :(

I'd rather they talked to me about their cats than see them queueing outside the dole office :p
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mam once went to Tesco and they made her use the self scan. She said she didn't want to and they were dead rude to her. So then she wrote to Tesco and they sent her a £15 voucher. What a fabulous tale. :confused:
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because they normally go to Sainsburys.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So? I also I say m and s it's not wrong, but just the way i say it, did you understand my post!? So why pick on such a mundane picky point? Nothing better to do?:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    i hate the self scan tills, its the idea of going in a shop alone, getting round the whole place without so much as saying hello to a person
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    The voice on the self-scanning tills always aggravate me, why can't they get someone with a pleasant voice like erm... Judi Dench, Brian Blessed, Joanna Lumley or even Stephen Fry.

I hate the ` unexpected item in the bag please call for help,` really annoys me, cors there never is any `unexpected item` in the bag! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »

I expect they will have a voice telling you off for eating too many sweets next :( :mad:
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My mam once went to Tesco and they made her use the self scan. She said she didn't want to and they were dead rude to her. So then she wrote to Tesco and they sent her a £15 voucher. What a fabulous tale. :confused:

They pay their cashiers, so they can pay me if they want me to use a self scan! :mad:
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Not it is not. It is called Tesco not tesco. ;)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should tell 'em that you'll use the self scan if they'll come round to your house and cook the food..........