Any other Haircut 100 fans on here?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hope I'm not alone! I'm 22 and think they have gone quite undetected compared to most other 80's acts.
If you've never heard of them give them a listen on youtube. Songs such as 'Fantastic Day' & 'Nobody's Fool' are my favs.

Comments

• mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really, they were abit too soft for me, but i did rate 'nobodies fool' , that was inho their best track.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I bought 'pelican west' back in the day, they were a good pop group at the time but sadly fizzled out too quickly.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Not a big fan but it's scary to think their heyday (geddit) was 30 years ago.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was 22 when Favourite Shirts came out and loved it and them. They were a breath of fresh air. Went to see them at The Top Rank in Plymouth and I remember they let in way more than the capacity and you couldnt move. They wore their thick white jumpers........very sweaty:eek::D
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And lead singer Nick has several good solo singles
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favorite Shirts is a cracker
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundstory wrote: »
    Favorite Shirts is a cracker

I agree :D
    As soon as I saw the thread title that song came into my head
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Favourite Shirts' is awesome. 'Take That Situation' and 'On a Sunday' also are underrated gems.
  • CapablancaCapablanca Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    They had some catchy tunes. 'Love Plus One' is the single I remember the most fondly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Nick Heyward was going to be the new Paul Weller, as I didn't think Haircut 100 was all that different from the Style Council, but he seems to have vanished.

Recognise Patsy Kensit in this vid to Nobody's Fool?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I thought Nick Heyward was going to be the new Paul Weller, as I didn't think Haircut 100 was all that different from the Style Council, but he seems to have vanished.

Recognise Patsy Kensit in this vid to Nobody's Fool?

she had her own tv show (kids) in the early 80's... 'luna' i think it was called, so to see her cropping up in this isnt a surprise... has she done others? (vids)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she had her own tv show (kids) in the early 80's... 'luna' i think it was called, so to see her cropping up in this isnt a surprise... has she done others? (vids)

Well she did her own pop vids with her band, Eighth Wonder, in the 80's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Well she did her own pop vids with her band, Eighth Wonder, in the 80's.

yeah, but that was after (by 5 years) this one. i was just wondering if she had done others...i cant find any mention of them if she did.
  • MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't a fan, although liked Nobody's Fool, and perhaps another track. They were a bit poppy for me.
  • TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why but it alway gives me a chuckle when Love Plus One plays in Seven, or Se7en.