Comments

• GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe they killed Grantly off, should have just have him retire :(
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    something tells me Waterloo Road is going to struggle tonight in the ratings with how good Emmerdale has been in the last week or so.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't see last weeks last thursday, only saw it yesterday ..... methinks it was highly ironic grantly passed away while at his BEST event!!!

and he got his BEST episode to boot too!
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    didn't see last weeks last thursday, only saw it yesterday ..... methinks it was highly ironic grantly passed away while at his BEST event!!!

and he got his BEST episode to boot too!

I thought the same too :D That was how he wanted his last episode to be when he did quit..
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    something tells me Waterloo Road is going to struggle tonight in the ratings with how good Emmerdale has been in the last week or so.

going to? It doesn't need any help struggling!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're Being Gassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHA

take THAT
    so called barry
    :D
  • KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Maggie always teaching lessons now she was a dinner lady.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it just me or does Christine mention budget in every episode now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I don't think there is enough discussion here about last nights episode, it was a great episode in my opinion.

And i thought heather pearce's acting was fantastic as nikki boston, great performances (mostly) all round. :)
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    ^ Not quite sure what's happened... this is the Series 8 thread. Has it been merged with the Series 9 thread? And there's a whole bunch of posts that are missing too.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lordstig wrote: »
    I don't think there is enough discussion here about last nights episode, it was a great episode in my opinion.

And i thought heather pearce's acting was fantastic as nikki boston, great performances (mostly) all round. :)

Discussion on Waterloo Road seems to take place on the Soaps forum now.
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,798
    Forum Member
    ISpyOnYou wrote: »
    Christine said to George he has to teach year 3 WTF :confused:

They seem to be a bit all over the place with the years this series. In Scotland the secondary school years go from S1-S6 but I've never heard anyone refer to S3 as 'year 3' for example which is what Christine did. Although Nikki did refer to her 'S4' class in the most recent episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a new dvd in the shops cant remember the name but think it was called legends or something so presumably a best of episode compilation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on now
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Running out of ideas I think.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without a doubt, the worst episode of Waterloo Road ever. :o
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    No credit for the great escape music
    Hmm
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know we're meant to but I don't like Sue Spark!
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a terrible episode and a terrible series.
  • Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That episode of Waterloo Road was one of the poorest in the show's history.

Normally in any given episode there's a sort-of serious storyline, a few sub-plots, and one comedic relief. This whole episode was just comedic relief. And it just wasn't funny.

I really don't know where the show is going. The biggest problem is the lack of likeable teacher characters for a start. Christine has morphed into a Lorraine-the-penny-pinching-misery type character, which is laughable when you consider she's a recovering alcoholic with a criminal conviction, from just the last series. She's had one of those infamous personality-transplants that are so ridiculous. George is just utterly obnoxious, with no redeeming features. Simon started off somewhat likeable, clearly as a replacement for the sadly departed Tom, but has weirdly morphed into a vengeful, grasping sidekick of Sue. And as for Sue.... she's supposed to be comedic relief and she just isn't very funny. She's stupid and she's mean. Sometimes we're supposed to feel sorry for her, but then she does something utterly ridiculous, and as a viewer you think, "Why feel sorry for her? She's an idiot who can't do her job properly".

I know Tom had to go as the actor wanted out, but it was a massive mistake to kill off Grantly. Chalky's departure was a big loss too. Nikki Boston is a decent character and Audrey is okay, but there's just not enough like them - strong, likeable teacher characters. They're the backbone of the show, not the kids.

There also doesn't seem like there's any strong overarching storyline for this whole series, which is different from the past too.
  • standastanda Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I went to school in the building that's used from Waterloo Road. If anyone had any questions about it or the area i'd be delighted to answer them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is everyone doing tonight , going trick or treating or watching waterloo road?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening all.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So was he a perv? I thought it was gonna end up being his dad