Options

Him & Her: The Wedding - Starts Thursday 21st November

Comments

• Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Loving every single second. May even be the best series yet. Exquisite.

I actually can not get over how horrific Laura is. Relentlessly vile. But my gosh, she is played flawlessly by Kerry Howard. She managed to collide drama and comedy at an alarming rate in episode 3. She truly deserves some awards for her performances. The star of this series.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can hardly watch. It's becoming more farcical by the episide.
  • Options
    MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    Loving every single second. May even be the best series yet. Exquisite.

I actually can not get over how horrific Laura is. Relentlessly vile. But my gosh, she is played flawlessly by Kerry Howard. She managed to collide drama and comedy at an alarming rate in episode 3. She truly deserves some awards for her performances. The star of this series.

I agree. She's absolutely repulsive and tragic in every way. I thought she was excellent in series 3 too, just gradually getting worse and worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I am utterly addicted and always have been a huge fan of this amazing believable cast. I adore the chemistry between Becky and Steve and I have never watched a sitcom where my heart beat so fast in dread and horror, willing Paul to run off with Graham. Please let that happen and also some serious lovey dovey Steve/Becky blessed relief from the torment!
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me that finds the girl with braces is quite cute/pretty?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone find nexts week episode?? it's not working for me!

And the girl with braces is meant to be pretty!
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mindbear wrote: »
    Can anyone find nexts week episode?? it's not working for me!

It's currently listed as coming soon on iPlayer.

But last week I watched this week's episode on iPlayer straight after the repeat on BBC3.

So I imagine next week's episode will be watchable after the repeat (which is currently on BBC 3) has finished.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura surely has to be one of the most obnoxious TV characters ever created.

I really hope they don't try to make us feel sorry for her in the remaining couple of episodes.
  • Options
    RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    Is it just me that finds the girl with braces is quite cute/pretty?

Nope not just me, she is very cute and both her and Becky look beautiful in their bridesmaid dresses :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    It's currently listed as coming soon on iPlayer.

But last week I watched this week's episode on iPlayer straight after the repeat on BBC3.

So I imagine next week's episode will be watchable after the repeat (which is currently on BBC 3) has finished.

I am waiting with baited breath, I can't sleep till ive seen it, I haven't been like this about a sitcom since Spaced a million years ago. I can't wait!
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Episode 4 is finally up if anybody's still waiting! Just about to watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fell asleep waiting for it....but just watched it now.

I know this sounds strange, but I actually feel physically sick after that, it was REALLY tough. Brilliant, absolutely, but really, really tough.
  • Options
    tco200tco200 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was painful to watch

I just hope its building to a feel good ending with Steve and Becky telling them all to F off and Paul running off with Graham
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    tco200 wrote: »
    That was painful to watch

I just hope its building to a feel good ending with Steve and Becky telling them all to F off and Paul running off with Graham

...leaving Laura on her own. Here's hoping.

OR she puts her foot in it massively, in front of everyone and shows her true colours.

Cant wait for Ep 4 as soon as I get home!
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    Laura's character seems to have become more unpleasant by the episode. For me it's turning into one of those shows that should've called it a day before it actually did.
    warszawa wrote: »
    I can hardly watch. It's becoming more farcical by the episide.

It seems you aren't enjoying the programme so why are you continuing to watch it?

Steve's best man speech was amazing. Just so uncomfortable and stilted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    It seems you aren't enjoying the programme so why are you continuing to watch it?

It was just amazing wasn't it, and I personally think the series has become even more incredible, I would go do far as to say it's been more dramedy than comedy, you care so much for the characters as opposed to how it was the first series, with Steve and becky being gross together. I am counting the days till next Thursday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Without spoiling anything, im up to 'Amazing Grace'. Squirming already :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ..and now Im up to speed.

Jeez, that was hard work. But amazing!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    ..and now Im up to speed.

Jeez, that was hard work. But amazing!!

I know right!? I was exhausted!
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly breathed throughout episode 4. Simply stunning. It's going to be a long week waiting for the final episode.

In general (no spoiler) I hope there's some sort of resolution between Becky's dad and Steve before the series ends - it's horrible that he hates Steve so much, and for no real reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hardly breathed throughout episode 4. Simply stunning. It's going to be a long week waiting for the final episode.

In general (no spoiler) I hope there's some sort of resolution between Becky's dad and Steve before the series ends - it's horrible that he hates Steve so much, and for no real reason.

Its because he prefers the ex. And he's a smug git too, hope he gets some comeuppance.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »

I like the show. I just think they've gone too far with Laura's character for it to be any longer plausible. I've yet to watch episode 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Its because he prefers the ex. And he's a smug git too, hope he gets some comeuppance.

You see, it's a weird one, Steve and the dad. He's a racist, sexist, misogynist. He obviously cheats an awful lot on his wife, and is a boorish, nasty person. The way he talked about Laura in the speeches was a disgrace, so you can see where Laura gets her revolting ways from. Then you see Steve, and he's obviously had a really horrible upbringing.

The scene in the christmas episode where his dad comes round, and he clearly hasn't been in contact, and knows so little about his life. Then he gives Steve that book, and poor Steve is so broken because his dad has shown him some thought and he feels a little bit loved. It's really heartbreaking. However, you look at Steve and Becky, both jobless, on benefits, in a nasty little bedsit, with no plans for the future to have a career, you could forgive a parent for not being pleased about his daughter being involved with Steve given his situation. Steve has a kind, lovely heart, but his friends are pretty skanky, his life is rather hopeless, but Becky makes him shine. The father just wants her to live up to his faux middle class ideals, but really, Becky just wants genuine warmth and love and a best friend.

Ha, i've been thinking about this too much...
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Good post. That's the beauty of this programme in that it does give you room to think. It has depth and it's much more than a sitcom.

I think the reason Becky just wants love and warmth is that she's been overshadowed by her younger sister all her life and has lacked paternal love. Laura is obviously the apple of her dad's eye, and as you say, has inherited a lot of his ugly character. Becky rarely contradicts her sister and apparently has no voice within her family, despite being older than Laura.

I still remember the shock I felt when Becky's dad took Steve to one side once and really tore into him, basically threatening him with dire consequences if he married Becky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Good post. That's the beauty of this programme in that it does give you room to think. It has depth and it's much more than a sitcom.

I think the reason Becky just wants love and warmth is that she's been overshadowed by her younger sister all her life and has lacked paternal love. Laura is obviously the apple of her dad's eye, and as you say, has inherited a lot of his ugly character. Becky rarely contradicts her sister and apparently has no voice within her family, despite being older than Laura.

I still remember the shock I felt when Becky's dad took Steve to one side once and really tore into him, basically threatening him with dire consequences if he married Becky.

I'm glad I didn't come across as a total loser!

Yes, I absolutely agree with all you've said. Laura is hugely objectionable, but Becky has never even had one job, whereas Laura always has a job, has a flat that sounds like it's pretty nice, so to someone who puts value on those sorts of base level things, Laura would be the success story, and Becky would be the black sheep. I think Becky is insecure and loves her family very much but knows how awful they are, so still clings to them, despite they're revolting ways.