Options

I Laughed at Mr Brown

billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
Forum Member
what a fool he is saying things like that just shows what some people are really like:sleep:

Comments

• Options
    GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They laughed at the Wright Brothers, but history proved them wrong.

Just saying.
  • Options
    jwar1976jwar1976 Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I will be laughing at him even more when his useless unelected backside gets booted out of no 10 next week.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you laugh at someone for having an opinion?

At least he was being honest; something that you can't say too often about our politicians.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwar1976 wrote: »
    I will be laughing at him even more when his useless unelected backside gets booted out of no 10 next week.

Gordon Brown is an elected Member of Parliament.:confused:
  • Options
    billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Gordon Brown is an elected Member of Parliament.:confused:

i think he means we did not elect him to be PM
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you laugh at someone for having an opinion?

At least he was being honest; something that you can't say too often about our politicians.

If he was being honest he would have said it on record and directed to the person he called "bigoted". This just tells me his private opinion and his public one are not the same, thus how can we trust him to carry out manifesto commitments - especially when labour have a poor track record of doing this.

This is the first time during the campaign he has faced the public, and he makes a very avoidable mistake, contributing to a poor campaign on the whole.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Everyone says bad things when they think they'll not be over heard

Browns alright IMO;)
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was a right old bag.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    i think he means we did not elect him to be PM

We don't elect PMs... anyone with the most basic of political understanding knows that.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jorrai wrote: »
    If he was being honest he would have said it on record and directed to the person he called "bigoted". This just tells me his private opinion and his public one are not the same, thus how can we trust him to carry out manifesto commitments - especially when labour have a poor track record of doing this.

This is the first time during the campaign he has faced the public, and he makes a very avoidable mistake, contributing to a poor campaign on the whole.

Do you think he is the only one who makes comments in private about people they have met?

His comments were pretty mild too, and certainly not worthy of this fuss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    We don't elect PMs... anyone with the most basic of political understanding knows that.

The party didnt elect him, nobody else stood so he was PM by default. Therefore, hes an unelected PM within the party.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He showed the utter contempt he has for the electorate.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Would Of Bad Mouthed The Woman Too, We've All Bitched About Someone At Some Point Don't Try And Deny It.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    I Would Of Bad Mouthed The Woman Too, We've All Bitched About Someone At Some Point Don't Try And Deny It.

Maybe we have, but not when connected to a BBC microphone. :eek:

:)
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    He showed the utter contempt he has for the electorate.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.

"For the electorate"? :confused:
    That woman doesn't represent me or anyone other than herself - unlike Gordon Brown, nobody voted for her.
    He did reveal contempt for her and her attitude – and it's not smart for a politician to do that – but to assume he feels the same way about every voter who crosses his path seems rather odd.
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In his job he should know to be cautious. Didn't he bother to think that the mic could have still been on. He certainly didn't put his brain into gear, the car door was barely shut before he gave his opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    It's the fact that he's apologised that I find funny - how can you sincerely apologise for a private comment expressing your true thoughts?
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moorsie wrote: »
    It's the fact that he's apologised that I find funny - how can you sincerely apologise for a private comment expressing your true thoughts?

It was all done for show.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Blimey! The BBC are milking this wee tale.

More than 10 minutes on main 6.00 news. :eek::eek:

I must admit I felt a very small pang of pity for him when he heard the tape on the Jeremy Vine show. Foot in mouth or what?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another media created storm-in-a-teacup.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made me identify with him more. It's the kind of thing I do all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG what a shocker Gordon Browns a real person with feelings, he gets pissed off, stressed & bitches about other people like the rest of us.
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jorrai wrote: »

I agree and that's why I'm voting Lib Dem. He seems more honest than the others.
    Mind you , Mr Brown may've been right . She may be bigoted.
    I still think Mr Clegg is more honest.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I laughed too, he couldn't have said anything better.

Imagine the hoo har if he'd have gone the other way and said 'I agree with that little ol' lady, too many bloody foreigners round here'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed too, he couldn't have said anything better.

Imagine the hoo har if he'd have gone the other way and said 'I agree with that little ol' lady, too many bloody foreigners round here'.

He can't win either way can he?