Options

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Can't beleive the copper didn't know the skulk of foxes - a real old chestnut of a question, has been asked time and time again in quizzes.

Ralph entertaining or annoying? Came out with the highly original "no pressure" of course:(
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    Been ages since they have had decent contestants on. Cant remember the last time a team got more than 20.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DONTBANME wrote: »

Ralph entertaining or annoying? Came out with the highly original "no pressure" of course:(

Ralph was a really nice chap.
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that Shaun's 'deliberate' wrong answer, I've never heard of Christopher Guest and neither had he yet he picked him :confused:

Christopher Guest was part of the Spinal Tap mockumentary rock group,
    He's also a Baron/Lord and married to Jamie Lee Curtis.
    Surprised Shaun had never heard of him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Guest
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Rroses wrote: »
    Christopher Guest was part of the Spinal Tap mockumentary rock group,
    He's also a Baron/Lord and married to Jamie Lee Curtis.
    Surprised Shaun had never heard of him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Guest

Only 10? After getting a Christopher Guest question, I expected Ralph to get at least 11. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pericom wrote: »
    Been ages since they have had decent contestants on. Cant remember the last time a team got more than 20.

Couldn't agree more - these are obviously the calibre of contstants they are looking for. I can only remember seeing one really good contestant this series.
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should do a special Eggheads versus Chasers edition of the show. Then the Chasers (+ Bradley Walsh) could return the favour.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should do a special Eggheads versus Chasers edition of the show. Then the Chasers (+ Bradley Walsh) could return the favour.

Good idea.
    My money would be on the Eggheads. (So long as Judith wasn't in the team.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that the worst performance ever by a chase on the final chase?
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liquinn wrote: »
    Was that the worst performance ever by a chase on the final chase?

It was pretty poor. He seemed distracted and unable to fully concentrate on what he was doing. I also thought he failed to understand what Bradley was saying to him on a couple of occasions.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    There was something sus about that final. Paul couldn't have answered any slowerthan he did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    There was something sus about that final. Paul couldn't have answered any slowerthan he did.

Also, he was correct when he said that 'francophilia' was love of France as it can mean love of anything to do with France and/or the French. He would have won without that incorrect push back.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chaser's questions were unbelievably hard! :o
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, he was correct when he said that 'francophilia' was love of France as it can mean love of anything to do with France and/or the French. He would have won without that incorrect push back.

He was really annoyed when Bradley disallowed his answer. :D I think he always has trouble understanding Bradley because he always leans forward to hear him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Contestant win before the end of the week;-)[/QUOTE]

As I was saying......................;-):)
  • Options
    VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always feel the team has a good chance when Paul is the chaser.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    Contestant win before the end of the week;-)

As I was saying......................;-):)[/QUOTE]

Hardly surprising as there is usually one a week.
    Any regular viewer could have predicted that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very harsh not to have given him htat one but...what a lovely young lady Alex seemed to be.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rroses wrote: »
    As I was saying......................;-):)

Hardly surprising as there is usually one a week.
    Any regular viewer could have predicted that.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case as a regular viewer then tell us when the next one will be:D

Too many Chaser wins do not make good viewing for the non-quizzing masses.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    pericom wrote: »

Sometimes, having too many contestants in the final works against them. You can see them all going for the buzzer and the others wincing when the fastest gives the wrong answer. The ones who hit the buzzer first and immediately say, "Pass" are particularly irritating.
  • Options
    Francis_ChuFrancis_Chu Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    According to my records, that's the lowest winning target by 3 players, and ties the all-time non-celebrity lowest winning target.
  • Options
    Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe it is a love of France but the actual question was 'Francophilia is a fondness for which people?' Therefore the correct answer was French and not France alone. I suppose he may have gotten away with it if he'd said 'people from France' but just saying France was incorrect.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it is a love of France but the actual question was 'Francophilia is a fondness for which people?' Therefore the correct answer was French and not France alone. I suppose he may have gotten away with it if he'd said 'people from France' but just saying France was incorrect.

It was still harsh considering what others get away with on this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    It was still harsh considering what others get away with on this show.

Specially when Paul quickly corrected himself I think to give the right answer (unless I recall it incorrectly?). Sometimes Bradley will say to a chaser who gives an incomplete answer
    " Need a bit more" eg North Yorkshire compared to Yorkshire , there was a "which county" question like this recently.
    Other times when the answer is eg "North America" and first answer given is "America" he will be stricter and emphatically say "That is wrong!" and pass it over, giving the contestants a big clue. Yes I know America is not the same as South America etc but it's hard to say if he is completely consistent at times though he probably has guidelines.

Still the lovely Alex went home happy and that is all that matters to me....:blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone went to the Celeb filming yesterday afternoon? I had a ticket but couldn't make it, and I'm just curious to know who the contestants were? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.