How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it that track with the dodgy tunnel except in reverse it's no longer blind?
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the sound of that m3. The m5 sounded better.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh yeah I remember the tunnel now
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'll give it a shot tonight or tomorrow got to try and work out how to drive it the other way round, on the plus side i don't have that demon corner near the start that i had to carefully crash into to get round to find some extra time :blush:
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    sheep88 wrote: »
    Is it that track with the dodgy tunnel except in reverse it's no longer blind?

You just get the sun blinding you on the exit instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a track on Norway I think I keep meaning to pick. Oh well.....next time
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    sheep88 wrote: »
    i'll give it a shot tonight or tomorrow got to try and work out how to drive it the other way round, on the plus side i don't have that demon corner near the start that i had to carefully crash into to get round to find some extra time :blush:

Oh the demon corner is still there. Not as bad from this direction but can still be tricky to maintain speed through it.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers gilly.

Some tough competition round here, especially Lisa B *shakes fist*

Also I've found out that occasionally bouncing off the track can work for you ;)
  • Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I'm away till Monday so may not get on, if so will take part in the next challenge :)
  • heart break kidheart break kid Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I've just had a punt, seems a decent circuit, some challenging corners.

Lisa_B you are a demon, respect. It's fun trying to hustle with your ghost. I can't live with you coming hard left out of the tunnel into the blind right hander. I suck at the last corner a bit as well, few tenths to be made there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep thinking I can draft the ghosts.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Ok, we're starting the league when gillyallen sets his challenge.

Hellstorm, any joy on the challenge I sent you ?

Yeah I got it thanks Yuffie, but i did have a PSN trial on the go at the time. I'm hoping I can still receive and take part in them now though and will check 2nite to see if I have a new challenge.

Who's setting up the next challenge or what is the current challenge ?. I see I have a few more people to add to my friends list :)
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I got it thanks Yuffie, but i did have a PSN trial on the go at the time. I'm hoping I can still receive and take part in them now though and will check 2nite to see if I have a new challenge.

Who's setting up the next challenge or what is the current challenge ?. I see I have a few more people to add to my friends list :)

Gillyallan set up the current challenge last night. Denziloshamen is next I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Gillyallan set up the current challenge last night. Denziloshamen is next I think.

Ok thanks for that mate. I'll fire up the PS4 tonight and see if it's there and to find out just what I'm missing with not having a sub now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a few tries at the challenge. I see Lisa is dominating the event again lol I'll have a proper go tonight to see if I can better the awful time I posted lol
    Forum Member
    Just had a few tries at the challenge. I see Lisa is dominating the event again lol I'll have a proper go tonight to see if I can better the awful time I posted lol

I think Lisa has dominated every event in the past month. Ian gave her a good run for her money on a couple of them but I think she won all the last round of challenges.

We started a league type thing for this batch of challenges. And this is the first challenge in the league.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I think Lisa has dominated every event in the past month. Ian gave her a good run for her money on a couple of them but I think she won all the last round of challenges.

We started a league type thing for this batch of challenges. And this is the first challenge in the league.

a league is an excellent idea. How does the points system work ?. 25 for a win then 20 for 2nd and so on ?. Where can I find details about this league and will it be posted on here after each challenge ends ?.
    Forum Member
    a league is an excellent idea. How does the points system work ?. 25 for a win then 20 for 2nd and so on ?. Where can I find details about this league and will it be posted on here after each challenge ends ?.

All info will be posted here after each challenge ends.

I think we decided that 25 points would be awarded to the winner, 24 for 2nd, 23 for 3rd and do on for how every many participants there are.

We thought about doing a top ten but wanted to give the people lower down a chance to see how they're doing compared to people around them.

I'll be away Monday to Thursday coming, missing the next challenge, and I was thinking that will leave me with an awful lot of catching up to do after. Of course that's the way the cookie crumbles, and we all have our times when we can't get on. But I was thinking that it kind of means it's very important to at least post a time as you might still get 10 - 15 points for a challenge without trying too hard, and to give it your all when you do compete. It'll be good :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the feeling on crashing in time trials? As in, you can crash round the first corner in this challenge, quicker than Lisa's current ghost, but I kind of feel bad doing it.
    Forum Member
    I'm fine with crashing. If it works, it works.

Btw, you can get well out in front of Lisa on the first corner by not crashing too. It's staying ahead is the problem :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, OK. I have feeling she we find a couple more seconds to be honest, I can see the ghost all the way round, most unusual!
    Forum Member
    Oh you can be sure that isn't Lisa's best time. She was probably texting and eating a sandwich while putting in that lap.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,714
    Forum Member
    I keep messing up in the middle sector, I'd be at least 2.5 secs faster if I could do those corners correctly.
  • heart break kidheart break kid Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Into the 16s now, 2 tenths off the top. There's more time on the table for sure.