Camerawoman Sacked For Tripping Up Refugees (video)

Comments

• idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Aiding the police doesn't extent to committing assault. You aren't suddenly granted exemption from the law just because the other person is allegedly a criminal.

Reasonable force.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    She could get in Stoke's midfield.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    She can work with Kay Burley on Sky News :D
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    She must have got the idea of bringing them down from this refugee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gAxpQEm6Mk
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    I wrote about this in the migrant coverage thread, not realising that there was a separate thread.

Personally, I think the people going after this woman (including the left-wing opposition parties in Hungary) and those seeking criminal proceedings are behaving just as shamefully as she did, if not more so.

Are they really so intent on destroying her life entirely, just because she tripped somebody? She's already lost her job. That's her livelihood down the drain.

But now they want to see her imprisoned? They want to harass and harangue her online so that she is forever plagued by her own notoriety?

And let's not forget that she tripped people that were breaking the law. They were forcing their way into Hungary and trying to evade the authorities at all costs. So she tripped a couple of these law breakers, and now people want to see her life destroyed?

And all because they want to feel good about themselves. All because it makes them feel and appear compassionate and benevolent towards the migrants.

It's absolutely barmy, if you ask me.

She made a mistake. Acted unprofessionally. She's lost her job. She's paid for it. It's done.

But, no, the self-righteous do-gooders around the world unite to go for the jugular, because it feeds their egos!

Sums up the modern world. Little Hitlers sat behind their computer screens looking to metaphorically burn people at the stake the moment they do something wrong. And treacherous political parties, so desperate to appear righteous, that they'll pursue one of their own citizens for the merest infraction, just to try and get some good PR.

It's sickening to behold!
    Out of proportion or what! Your comments seem so over the top and just as rabid as those you condemn.

She was in the wrong and deserved to be sacked so the matter has been dealt with.

If others want to rant about further action then let them - it just gives others the opportunity to rant about the ranters which gives the opportunity of others to rant about the ranters about the ranters . . and on and on it can go.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I wrote about this in the migrant coverage thread, not realising that there was a separate thread.

Personally, I think the people going after this woman (including the left-wing opposition parties in Hungary) and those seeking criminal proceedings are behaving just as shamefully as she did, if not more so.

Are they really so intent on destroying her life entirely, just because she tripped somebody? She's already lost her job. That's her livelihood down the drain.

But now they want to see her imprisoned? They want to harass and harangue her online so that she is forever plagued by her own notoriety?

And let's not forget that she tripped people that were breaking the law. They were forcing their way into Hungary and trying to evade the authorities at all costs. So she tripped a couple of these law breakers, and now people want to see her life destroyed?

And all because they want to feel good about themselves. All because it makes them feel and appear compassionate and benevolent towards the migrants.

It's absolutely barmy, if you ask me.

She made a mistake. Acted unprofessionally. She's lost her job. She's paid for it. It's done.

But, no, the self-righteous do-gooders around the world unite to go for the jugular, because it feeds their egos!

Sums up the modern world. Little Hitlers sat behind their computer screens looking to metaphorically burn people at the stake the moment they do something wrong. And treacherous political parties, so desperate to appear righteous, that they'll pursue one of their own citizens for the merest infraction, just to try and get some good PR.

It's sickening to behold!

BIB - Do you feel good about yourself for defending her? Do you feel and appear benevolent towards a woman who has committed GBH?
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Reasonable force.

Assault.
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    BIB - Do you feel good about yourself for defending her? Do you feel and appear benevolent towards a woman who has committed GBH?

When and where did she do that?
    Forum Member
    When and where did she do that?

Must be another time.
    Forum Member
    Assault.

Rubbish. Try tripping up a fleeing handbag thief being chased by a copper and see if he arrests you for assault. They're there illegally and were being pursued.
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACU wrote: »

Thank you for proving my point about the hysterical people blowing this out of proportion and trying to throw this woman under a bus for a minor mistake.

GBH? Don't bother replying to me again, because you're obviously completely incapable of being reasonable.

GBH? Unbelievable!
    Forum Member
    Thank you for proving my point about the hysterical people blowing this out of proportion and trying throw this woman under a bus for a minor crime.

GBH? Don't bother replying to me again, because you're obviously completely incapable of being reasonable.

GBH? Unbelievable!

Kids in infants school commit GBH every day in the playground. :D
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    Kids in infants school commit GBH every day in the playground. :D

Indeed. And footballers are constantly committing GBH every weekend, in front of thousands of witnesses too.
    Forum Member
    Indeed. And footballers are constantly committing GBH every weekend.

I blame the government.
  • Sport1Sport1 Posts: 8,819
    Forum Member
    It's a pretty sad state of affairs when people think what she did was ok or even admirable.
    Forum Member
    Sport1 wrote: »
    It's a pretty sad state of affairs when people think what she did was ok or even admirable.
    Does what she did amount to GBH?
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone ever get done for Criminal Damage to the Berlin Wall? Shocking orgy of lawlessness that was.
  • johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed.
    I'm pretty sure those who are defending this excuse for a woman are doing so, not because they are trying to offer some sense of balance, but it's more to do with the fact that they were immigrants.

If there was a comparable scenario not involving immigrants, and a woman assualted a child, would they be so quick to defend?
    Forum Member
    Does what she did amount to GBH?

I have no idea, I'm not a lawyer. It doesn't matter if it it GBH or not, her actions are repugnant.
    Forum Member
    Did anyone ever get done for Criminal Damage to the Berlin Wall? Shocking orgy of lawlessness that was.
    Using the logic of some here that would be seen as mass destruction.
  • Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Rubbish. Try tripping up a fleeing handbag thief being chased by a copper and see if he arrests you for assault. They're there illegally and were being pursued.

What makes you think they are there illegally?

You do know its not illegal to be a refugee?
    Forum Member
    I have no idea, I'm not a lawyer. It doesn't matter if it it GBH or not, her actions are repugnant.

Repugnant is something one might use for let's say, cannibalism.

Tripping someone over would be more like, naughty.
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    Repugnant is something one might use for let's say, cannibalism.

Tripping someone over would be more like, naughty.

Oh bless, you just googled the word didn't you?

'repugnant
    rɪˈpʌɡnənt/
    adjective
    extremely distasteful; unacceptable.
    "cannibalism seems repugnant to us"'
    Forum Member
    Well it does if someone claims it was and you don't need to need to be a lawyer to have an opinion on what was shown in the clip so how did you see it?
    Forum Member
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    What makes you think they are there illegally?

You do know its not illegal to be a refugee?

Perhaps it was a local fun run, and those guys chasing dressed as police were just in fancy dress?