Ronnie and Jack's Wedding - Complete Letdown

RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After waiting so long, I thought we were going to have some big storyline/disaster surrounding these two. Instead we have this silly story where millionaire Roxy has gone bankrupt (please note she was only given £3m in January) and can't afford to pay for the wedding....on the wedding day. :confused:

Then there's Jack who has been kidnapped by Harry's men. Erm, what. Why?

Also Kat and Alfie randomly deciding to get married again for no apparent reason...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admitt I did feel it was more about Roxy and her money and her trying to "fix" everything rather than Ronnie or Jack. I also found Jack being in the boot a little odd but asides from that I thought it was okay
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting more of Jack's kidnapping.

Bit silly him being in the very car Max chooses to take Ronnie in...

Saying that, I am secretly in love with Jack so I'm glad his pretty face wasn't beaten up!! :o
  • I did It First!I did It First! Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't it turn out that
    Phil and Shirley have been sectretly stealing money from Roxy for months
    :confused:
  • anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah,i felt it is a let down. It is more about roxy and her money problems, kat and alfie, who stole the money than ronnie and jack.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agree - it was a let down. They seemed to have pushed Ronnie in the back ground under BK which is fine because she needed a break but this wass meant to have been about her - not Roxy again (like in the rape reveal was more about Roxy's feelings). They are focusing on the wrong sister!
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    The whole storyline had been a source of amusement to me, and disbelief;

How did Roxy not realise she was down to her last.?? Does she not get bank statements?? And does anyone pay with cheques anymore??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kat and Alfie just decide to get married again last Friday?? Don't you have to declare your intentions at the local registry office for a couple of weeks before?

Jack being kidnapped then found in the boot was just pathetic. Why go to the bother of kidnapping him them leaving him in the boot of the car where he could be found easily, more believable if they had dumped him miles away or something. A bit waste of a kidnapping really

Alfie giving away all the wedding stuff was just stupid, why would anyone do that.

I know it's not related but Vanessa and Jodies hair is really annoying me....it adds 20 years to both of them and neither of their hair moves a millimetre.
  • gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did it show Phil and Shirley taking the money from the bag? Will Billy get the blame?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know BK is loved on these boards but to me his BIG episodes have all been clangers. Hes like the opposite to DS. He can make mundane episodes better but big episodes are a flop.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    I know BK is loved on these boards but to me his BIG episodes have all been clangers. Hes like the opposite to DS. He can make mundane episodes better but big episodes are a flop.

I'm agreeing with you a lot today...

He has made everyday episodes more interesting but the biggies are massive letdowns. I expected much more from this, because even though I can't stand Jack, for years we've had the Ronnie and Jack off and on saga, babies with other family members drama inflicted on us with not much in the way of a pay off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »

Totally agree ,Bk has been a letdown so far....
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was so bizzare that Roxy gave her bag to Phil in the first place! So contrived it beggars belief!

I love EastEnders and will fight for it as much as I can, but the last few episodes have been a bit low-grade IMO.

I hope it picks up. It deserves better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm agreeing with you a lot today...

There must be a blue moon or something ;):D
  • iCaniWilliCaniWill Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    So Phil and Shirley stole the money?

How the hell can you lose £3m in less than a year???:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    jarryhack wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kat and Alfie just decide to get married again last Friday?? Don't you have to declare your intentions at the local registry office for a couple of weeks before?

They're already married, so would only need someone to officiate a service to reaffirm their vows (and that could be anyone, doesn't need to be a vicar/registrar)
  • MarcoRossiMarcoRossi Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Max opened the car boot, Jack said "it took you long enough" or somehting to that effect - implying that he's been banging from the inside for ages - so how come noone heard him? If I was driving my car and someone was making noise from inside my boot, I'd hear it!
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    beecham wrote: »
    They're already married, so would only need someone to officiate a service to reaffirm their vows (and that could be anyone, doesn't need to be a vicar/registrar)

ok I'll let them off with that one :)
    MarcoRossi wrote: »
    When Max opened the car boot, Jack said "it took you long enough" or somehting to that effect - implying that he's been banging from the inside for ages - so how come noone heard him? If I was driving my car and someone was making noise from inside my boot, I'd hear it!

exactly, unless you'e got your music absolutely blaring, you'd hear someone banging in the boot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agree that it's been a letdown, was expecting much more...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    After their three year on-off relationship it would have been lovely to have a simple happy wedding.

Kidnapping Jack and bringin him back on time was silly and makes Harry look like a pantomime villian.

The last wedding I remember on EE was that of Amira and Syed - which was so so well done. This was a mess.
    Forum Member
    Oh & Ronnie is gorgeous and they made her look not so gorgeous.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ambermum wrote: »
    Oh & Ronnie is gorgeous and they made her look not so gorgeous.
    Agreed. That dress and hairstyle were hideous.
    Forum Member
    The dress is something that I can see Ronnie liking and it kinda suited her bump, but her hair did nothing for her and made her look SO tall!!
    Forum Member
    Although at least Ronnie was ready - Jack was wearing a suit from the day before and had not washed his face or brushed his teeth after spending the night in the boot of the car!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He surely would have needed the loo. supposing he had managed to hold on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    All I'm hearing on this thread is Ronnie deserved better than she got.

Why?

BK seems to have correctly brought her back down to size. Other characters should get look-ins. Roxy will never develop if, at every big event, her sister overshadows her. THAT has been the problem with Roxy for years.

Ronnie doesn't deserve to have big episodes all to herself. She doesn't deserve to have Walford turn on her. She isn't Sharon Watts!!! (Sorry, can't help myself).

I don't mean to be difficult, but Ronnie needs to be integrated back into the community. We, as viewers, should not be able to say "this episode is going to be all about Ronnie". Yet I get the impression from many of you that that is exactly what was expected.

The sooner she leaves the better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »
    All I'm hearing on this thread is Ronnie deserved better than she got.

Why?

BK seems to have correctly brought her back down to size. Other characters should get look-ins. Roxy will never develop if, at every big event, her sister overshadows her. THAT has been the problem with Roxy for years.

Ronnie doesn't deserve to have big episodes all to herself. She doesn't deserve to have Walford turn on her. She isn't Sharon Watts!!! (Sorry, can't help myself).

I don't mean to be difficult, but Ronnie needs to be integrated back into the community. We, as viewers, should not be able to say "this episode is going to be all about Ronnie". Yet I get the impression from many of you that that is exactly what was expected.

The sooner she leaves the better.

Who's wedding was it again? Thats right Ronnie's so you would expoect the bride whether it be Sharon, Ronnie, Heather or Tracy they should be the focus of teh wedding but they gave it to Roxy for the second Mitchell sister storyline. Roxy needs her own stories thats the problem she shouldn't hijack Ronnies to get them its a writing issue.

Ronnie has never been integrated into teh community. Shes a loner (exception of Roxy, Dot and Jack)