Favorite emotional films

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
Forum Member
✭✭
A follow on from the most emotional songs thread,
but what film gets the tears flowing for you ?
mine, without question is One flew over the cuckoos nest :cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQ9evXIIe4
a close second is The Colour purple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM60tZnG3i8&feature=related

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say it's my favourite as I don't enjoy unhappy endings as I prefer an emotional rollercoaster that ends in a somewhat happy place but Hachi: A dog's Tale left me and my son in absolute bits. I have a lump in my throat just thinking about it :cry:

Being a dog lover and the fact that it is a true story was totally absorbing in how loyal dogs are with their love for their owners even after the owners death. Unlike other films I have watched only once, I will never forget this story and likewise could never watch it again :cry:
  • vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maiden UK wrote: »
    I can't say it's my favourite as I don't enjoy unhappy endings as I prefer an emotional rollercoaster that ends in a somewhat happy place but Hachi: A dog's Tale left me and my son in absolute bits. I have a lump in my throat just thinking about it :cry:

Being a dog lover and the fact that it is a true story was totally absorbing in how loyal dogs are with their love for their owners even after the owners death. Unlike films I have watched only once, I will never forget this story and likewise could never watch it again :cry:

yes the same film broke my heart:cry:
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched 'Everybodys Fine' last night (Robert De Niro).

I don't know what I expected but it was really emotional.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    What Dreams May Come.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kramer vs Kramer, Beaches and Who Will Love My Children.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Withnail and I
  • maxinerulesmaxinerules Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imitation of Life.

Withnail and I?:confused:
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • timewarpbunnytimewarpbunny Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Kramer vs Kramer, Beaches and Who Will Love My Children.

Beaches here too! My DH cries at Bicentennial Man, not that he'd ever admit it...
  • quiniequinie Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awakenings!

OMG soooo emotional. When Robert De Niro's character points the doctor towards his poem that describes how he feels being trapped inside his body!

Then the part at the end where he is dancing with his lady friend and he is really starting to twitch - soooo sad!!!!
  • LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Green Mile (I cry like a baby)

and when Goose dies on Top Gun :(
    and when Bambis mother dies !omg i can get thru a whole box of cleenex then...

and marley and me.. oh sweet jesus... all we could hear was sobbing the whole cinema bar one or two were in tears.,.:cry:
  • FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaws.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw 1-6 :p
  • PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    neilmcca wrote: »

You mean Favourite Emotional Film and The Color Purple. :add spelling nazi emoticon:

The Parent Trap (1998) always got me for some reason, which is unusual as I'm very hardened to sad films.
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once Upon A Time In America.

Oh and the final scene in Guess Who's Coming To Dinner.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imitation of Life.

Withnail and I?:confused:

So much going on beneath the surface. I really was sad for Withnail, who is at a loss while “I” Marwood has some success. The ending gets me every time :cry:

Edit: I have known people that live an imitation of life, so sad.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
    The Lion King - does this count? Because Mufasa's death gets me everytime without fail. :cry:
    Stand By Me
    Up
    A.I
    Gran Torino

I'm sure there's more but these are from the top of my head.
  • BabsefcBabsefc Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mission and City of Angels - I've only watched these films once and I thought they were really good but don't like to watch films that make me sob not just cry
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie's Choice and I'd agree about the Color Purple. Plus Silkwood and Coming Home. Also a film I saw a while ago which I watched idly but I found moving called 'Purple Haze' (I think that was it's name - about young men going into the military). I don't think it was successful and it may have been my mood, at the time.
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Awakenings, Robert De Niro and Robin Williams
    Does it to me every time.

The Champ, Jon Voight and Ricky Schoder
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Marley and Me.

Nothing else comes close.
    The last half hour of the film is complete torture for me.
    I watched it by myself first and couldn't bear to watch it again with the missus.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ring of Bright Water, heck I can't watch that as an adult after seeing it as a child and the ending.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dumbo and Bambi.
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last film cried to was Wall-E. And I really blubbered away, In front of my puzzled 14 year old daughter:o.
    Before that, Hotel For Dogs, and I had only walked into the living room and my daughter was watching this and I caught the bit where a man is calling out the dogs names one by one and each dog has some sort of disability and I cried at that bit. I'm a sentimental old fool and just cannot help it. Daughter says she is now unable to go to the cinema with me in case I cry:o:D
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    Ring of Bright Water, heck I can't watch that as an adult after seeing it as a child and the ending.

Why is it a favourite then?