Options

How can I stop my boyfriend finding farts funny?

Comments

• Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Comedy in general has to be one of my greatest pleasures but I must be about he only guy alive then who doesn't find farts all that funny? Yeah sure the odd one once in a blue moon might make me chuckle if it was done at an inappropriate time for example but on it's own? Nah not really.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it time to post the Blazing Saddles scene where they've all eaten beans?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this thread migrated across from Mumsnet???
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    My boyfriend is a mammoth trumpeter. A flatulence fanatic if you will. What is worse if that every time he lets out one of his massive f bombs he finds it hilarious. He gets this grin on him as if he has done something brilliant. Like a five year old child. I hate him because of it. I want to sew up him bum and make him stop. Would I get away with murder?

I need help, I can't stand to be around him any more. :(

Nuke him from outer space. It's the only way to be sure.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    AOTB wrote: »
    Comedy in general has to be one of my greatest pleasures but I must be about he only guy alive then who doesn't find farts all that funny? Yeah sure the odd one once in a blue moon might make me chuckle if it was done at an inappropriate time for example but on it's own? Nah not really.
    Add me to it. Maybe the odd smile at an inappropriate one, but laugh out funny, every time? Pass, thanks.

OP. Just tell him, and walk out for longer & longer periods till you never actually come back. If he can't see that actions have effects he's beyond help anyway, which he is if air biscuits have him rofling. Sounds like a bit of a juvenile to me tbh...
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    So vosne and Never Nude are an 'item'? I never knew that.

*has a new found respect for Never Nude*

Where have you been? Sleeping? I am shocked at you Mr Addisonian. :)
    :D
    vosne wrote: »
    Pity, the word is pity :(

Yep indeed, we all have a lot of pity for NN. :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't be bothered fixing that. Sorry people. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uffa wrote: »
    Yep indeed, we all have a lot of pity for NN. :p:D

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spanish Archer :D
  • Options
    GurglesGurgles Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ummm OP I think you're dating my ex! :eek::blush: 8 years ago I briefly dated a guy just like him (he was 37). He found constantly farting hilariously funny - especially in public. He didn't care who he did it in front of or where he was, restaurant, cinema, shops, he would let rip and found it hilarious. I found it mortifying but no amount of pleading or threats worked. He once took a picture of his poo on his phone and sent me it.

I got rid of him and to be honest OP I think you should do the same.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    Add me to it. Maybe the odd smile at an inappropriate one, but laugh out funny, every time? Pass, thanks.

OP. Just tell him, and walk out for longer & longer periods till you never actually come back. If he can't see that actions have effects he's beyond help anyway, which he is if air biscuits have him rofling. Sounds like a bit of a juvenile to me tbh...

You got that right. Murder him, OP. With malice. Of forethought.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    tell him no sex until he changes his ways

using sex as a weapon (or reward) isnt a good idea
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gurgles wrote: »
    Ummm OP I think you're dating my ex! :eek::blush: 8 years ago I briefly dated a guy just like him (he was 37). He found constantly farting hilariously funny - especially in public. He didn't care who he did it in front of or where he was, restaurant, cinema, shops, he would let rip and found it hilarious. I found it mortifying but no amount of pleading or threats worked. He once took a picture of his poo on his phone and sent me it.

I got rid of him and to be honest OP I think you should do the same.

I can assure you..she isn't >:(
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    I liked the R.E.M references earlier...

Did anyone mention track 2 on Automatic For The People?...

Best advice I can offer really...
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find farts funny and I'm truly surprised that there are so many people that don't. Luckily, Mr Lakie shares my sense of humour and is also an awesome farter.

I think OP's boyf should find himself a girlfriend who isn't so uptight about a perfectly normal bodily function, and jolly amusing, especially when in a lift or other confined space.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has find another boyfriend all ready being said? :D
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    So vosne and Never Nude are an 'item'? I never knew that.

*has a new found respect for Never Nude*

:D

I knew they were together, but thought that they were both women ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Love it. Sorry Vosene, will be laughing all night now. :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    tell him no sex until he changes his ways

If a women can use sex as a weapon against a man, it's little wonder the police prosecute so few men who use sex as a weapon against a woman...

As for the OP. Ask yourself seriously if this is a problem you can deal with or not. Everyone farts, but not everyone has good manners or respect for others, and people differ in their tolerance of such things, just like going to the toilet with the door open or your partner shitting whilst you're in the bath.

If you like him but can't live with this, perhaps you need to take a gamble and split up with him, explaining like a mature adult to a teenager why he's just not what you need from a man. This will hopefully sober him up for a second chance after a reasonable gap when you've both reflected on things, but you need to be prepared if he or you find someone else in the meantime. Otherwise, he'll hopefully enter into his next relationship with someone else not behaving like that woman's child rather than a partner.

In my opinion, his problem isn't the farting, it's the laughing afterwards.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kick him to the curb. If he has no respect for you now (and he hasn't) he won't have any in the future.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    LakieLady wrote: »
    I think OP's boyf should find himself a girlfriend who isn't so uptight about a perfectly normal bodily function, and jolly amusing, especially when in a lift or other confined space.
    Normal bodily function eh? Sneezing, coughing, spitting, urinating, defacating, ejaculation... All completely normal. Laugh a minute though? Toddlers & small children laugh at farts. The rest of the world moves on at about the age of 8 and finds better things to laugh at.
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uffa wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Love it. Sorry Vosene, will be laughing all night now. :D:D:D

I don't know why but I always thought Vosne was a woman (maybe it's the feminine-sounding screen-name), so when the posts seemed to indicate that she had shacked up with Never Nude (who I always thought was a lesbian), it all made sense.

I stand corrected :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why but I always thought Vosne was a woman (maybe it's the feminine-sounding screen-name), so when the posts seemed to indicate that she had shacked up with Never Nude (who I always thought was a lesbian), it all made sense.

I wouldn't be so sure, love :ninja:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:o:o:o

I am a lesbian??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So did I. Imagine my surprise when we first had sex