Options

Anyone signed up with FreedomPop?

13»

Comments

• Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would check their privacy policy if you're thinking of signing up. You're basically giving them carte blanche to pass on your details to any third parties.
  • Options
    gardensleepergardensleeper Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    I would check their privacy policy if you're thinking of signing up. You're basically giving them carte blanche to pass on your details to any third parties.

Interesting. Will they be also selling on the content of text messages, phone calls and internet data?
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beta out now. but cant get to the stage where you can order a SIM.
  • Options
    binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigabit wrote: »
    I'm thinking O2 might be the other network? Vodafone doesn't seen to have many MVNOs these days.

Or EE... good for the 2G fallback in particular.

Anyway they don't (yet) have access to a second network.

I can't get too excited about 'free' operators for many reasons.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pity it only works with Android and iOS. I ususally like my second phone to be Windows and FreedomPop is ideal as a second sim.
  • Options
    GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    Anyone else get an email about "Premium Voice"?
    As a FreedomPop launch special, we are offering Premium Voice service free for the first month, which will ensure you receive the best possible voice quality when your data connection is limited.
  • Options
    swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to pay for decent voice quality?

No thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could they mean HD Voice perhaps?
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sdduk wrote: »
    Don't say nothing about being live on there website.
    when i try and put my post code and email address in it comes up with (Please check form fields for valid input.) even tried a different email address but still the same thing comes up.

I had a play around with this yesterday and had the same results as you but I got it to work after scratching my head by simply putting a blank in-between the two parts of your postcode i.e. AB12 3CD and not AB123CD.
  • Options
    sdduksdduk Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    I had a play around with this yesterday and had the same results as you but I got it to work after scratching my head by simply putting a blank in-between the two parts of your postcode i.e. AB12 3CD and not AB123CD.

Yeah thanks for that i did put 3 different email addresses in before i tried the space on the post code.
    Still a pain because nearly everything you sign up for you just use it altogether or its spaced automatic by the website.
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still cant order one, i get to the point of selecting the sim then no further.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My SIM hasn't turned up despite ordering about 5 days ago. I know they say 5-7 days but RM is always 1-2 days in my experience.
  • Options
    lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking O2 might be the other network? Vodafone doesn't seen to have many MVNOs these days.

If this is anything to go by, I'd be more surprised if the other network wasn't O2.
    My SIM hasn't turned up despite ordering about 5 days ago. I know they say 5-7 days but RM is always 1-2 days in my experience.

It depends who they're using for their post (is it RM?) - RM is very strange here; 2nd class usually turns up like clockwork 2 days after posting, while 1st class can take anything up to 10 days.
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    My sim arrived today, sent by Royal Mail, they very nicely upped my data to 300MB a month. The system works better in an Android phone as you can choose notifications but can't on iOS yet.

I can call out from both phones (and receive incoming calls on both) if logged in to the apps on both phones.

I notice it only supports iOS and Android.
  • Options
    petefpetef Posts: 290
    Forum Member

Vodafone have 7 versus O2 with 5. EE have 16 and 3 4. Those numbers exclude the roamers.

--
    Pete Forman
    http://petef.22web.org/payg.html
    (Not quite up to date: iCard have finally gone and Mobilek, Freedom Pop and anywhere sim need to be added.)
  • Options
    M1kosM1kos Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive snapped up one of these.... i thought why not for £7 it works ok and does voice over WiFi (because it uses data only) shame 3 is so weak where i live hoo hum ill use the data when im away in Devon as a hotspot until Voda catches up i hope you get cut off at the 200mb and not billed :O
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume there's no hard cap and you just start to get charged per MB?

I've got my card and haven't put it in a phone yet. Bet a lot of people got their 'free' SIM so that's a few quid for the company. Now let's see how long the company lasts...!
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    jonmorris wrote: »
    I assume there's no hard cap and you just start to get charged per MB?

You have the choice, if auto top up is on you will be charged per MB (1.5p from what I remember), if you turn off auto top up it is a hard cap.
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that in the account settings so I can change that myself?