Who's your favourite Oliver?

Cat BalouCat Balou Posts: 1,502
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As we don't got to vote for them it's perhaps a bit harder to summon up enthusiasm for the Olivers but I think they are doing a great job.

I was very pleased to see Chester go through to the semi finals as he was at the same dance classes as my niece. He seems to be a really nice and talented boy.

I also like Gwion, Harry and Laurence.

Comments

• rosieeeerosieeee Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat Balou wrote: »
    As we don't got to vote for them it's perhaps a bit harder to summon up enthusiasm for the Olivers but I think they are doing a great job.

I was very pleased to see Chester go through to the semi finals as he was at the same dance classes as my niece. He seems to be a really nice and talented boy.

I also like Gwion, Harry and Laurence.

I was glad Chester went through too - I also like Harry and Lawrence and am glad that Gwion went through last week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Gwion and Sam.
  • spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't tell them apart yet, so will be grateful for the names on the screen when I re watch.

I know Sam is the blond one and Arthur looks like Freddie Highmore.
  • Kez100Kez100 Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwion is the closest to a street urchin from the group ALW has chosen. My son's mate Keelan would fit the bill brilliantly - if he could sing and had goneto the auditions that is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chester, Harry and Gwion :D
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, I can't remember their names! I was glad they put the names up on the screen while each sang his bit of Electricity but we haven't really got to know them yet. I vaguely registered Kwa...er...(sorry) who had a great voice; Chester, who was the only one who sang perfectly in tune; Gwion because he got through last time ... and that's it.

They're all going to get jobs in the show, even if only in Fagin's gang, so it's hard to get TOO excited about this part of the competition.
  • catslovelycatscatslovelycats Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like laurence
    he really put some acting into the group song tonight

apart from that i have to admit i am not intrested in the olivers
    i think its because i dont see enough of them to identofy with/recognise any of them

still trying to remember the nancys (and not being succssful!)
  • acertreeacertree Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    They all look like public-school show-off types. And then there's a black one. And a Welsh one. :rolleyes:

To be honest I'm not really bothered. Even the harshest critics with breeze over Oliver's performance because of the actor's age.
  • katyb0408katyb0408 Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like laurence and arthur, the little welsh one is adoreable but the accent is not going to fit with oliver surely
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really know many of their names yet, but I think Kwayedza easily has the best voice. However it's so smooth (can't think of a better word :o) I don't know if it's the right kind of voice for a cheeky, cockney Oliver. Also love Chester and I think Gwion is lovely, but again I don't think his voice fits the part.
  • Kez100Kez100 Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kwayedza would make a great baby Simba in the Lion King.
  • Cat BalouCat Balou Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed Kwayedza in my orginal post but I also think that he has has a fabulous voice and also looks very cute. I hope he makes it to the semi finals.

ALW and CM really do have some tough choices to make to get to a final 3 Olivers.

Although it has been posted that the unsuccessful ones get ot be in Fagin's gang, I hope that some also get sponsorship for musical or theatre training. There seems to be some real talent here and potential stage/chart stormers for a few years time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my fav is probally sam i am glad chester got through he is also great and so is gwion (they're all great!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    As someone said in an earlire post, Sam does look like Anne Widdecombe's lovechild.

:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gwion. He's unbearably cute and a bit urchiny
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry and Sam.

Because children never appear in any show for any length of time, don't you think it is possible that all these kids will get a chance to star at sometime or other, whether they make the final or not?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,567
    Forum Member
    Gwion is my favourite :D So cute and really fits the part of Oliver well IMO :)
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the anne widdecombe lookalike, Sam?

I really like Gwion but his accent is toooo strong and I like Kwayedza.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kwayedza has the best voice of the bunch, and it'd be a terrible shame if he didn't make the Final 8, or even selected as Oliver.

Other than that, I think Gwion, Harry and Jordan are good...and Arthur I think it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I agree Kwayedza has a good voice - maybe TOO good! I think Oliver's should be a bit on the 'wispy' side. (i know, I'm still thinking of Mark Lester) But to me that would show Oliver's vulnerability and contrast with Dodger. Maybe Kwayedza for Dodger?
  • LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    I like Harry, I hope he gets an Oliver hat soon. All the voices are lovely but some of them can't act for toffee. Harry is very expressive.
  • soyanutsoyanut Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    I love Gwion and adore his accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Gwion is soo cute but I think Chester looks like Oliver....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chester