Buying an Apple MacBook using friend's student discount

Hi there, I want to buy a MacBook and my friend says she'll come with me so I can use her student discount. But a few questions:

1. How much will I get
2. Will they let me use her discount or is there a way around it.
3. Any other potential issues?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    It shouldn't be a problem, my sister used my discount when I was a student and then my friend used my sisters discount when she was a student.
    I think you get around 10% off but the protection plan is £50 rather than £200ish (i think!)
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All you need is an email address registered to a recognised education establishment. It's dead easy.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    All you need is an email address registered to a recognised education establishment. It's dead easy.

there are various different student discounts, only one of them requires a education based email address.
  • sunnypicklessunnypickles Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    My friend did it online through the institution i worked at, i got her online not a problem, and when my mum went to buy a mac she took her NHS payslip in, you get NHS discount too, I thought it is 15% discount for education!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    FYI I took my friend with me, they had no qualms whatsoever about me buying the laptop but using her discount. She just had to show her ID card.

I got 14% off, which was about £211 and you can also get 75% off apple care :)