Top Up TV, will it survive past 2013?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've jsut spoke with customer service and they have confirmed that as TUTV only rented the content from GOLD, the BBC etc. they had no rights to them and so when the broadcasts stopped so did their rights.

But they hadn't known this would be the case originally so didn't include it in their letter.

Sorry folks looks like we all lost out there bummer!
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The website hasn't been updated yet. Still pretends that the service exists, although you can't subscribe to it, which has been the case for a long time anyway.
  • oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Think TV wrote: »
    it'll be interesting if BT Sport Preview starts at 11:00 this morning.

On my TV there is a banner which says amongst other things :
    "You will be able to get a taster of BT Sport right here from 2pm on WEEK DAYS & 11am at weekends.

Regards
  • Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    The website hasn't been updated yet. Still pretends that the service exists, although you can't subscribe to it, which has been the case for a long time anyway.

You can still subscribe:

https://secure.topuptv.com/php/display/topuptv/chooseService.php
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    As of 09:35 this morning, GOLD, Home and Top Up TV Anytime 1, 3, 5 and 6 have been removed. My LG TV alerted a change to request for a retune, and after an auto retune these services have been removed. They have not been moved to LCN 791+, so a removal from the NIT listing?

Marketplace still running; it'll be interesting if BT Sport Preview starts at 11:00 this morning.

Source: Direct Observation - Crystal Palace Tx
    That has been a brief removal (perhaps by accident), because the channels have been re-added again, at first not by retune and then did a full auto retune - but as also noted by another poster, the MHEG message has been removed from GOLD and Home.

All practice for tomorrow perhaps?

Meanwhile, also on the SDN mux, LCN 181 ADULT Playboy TV Chat, the MHEG coming soon message has been removed and the EPG listing is as of follows:

00:00 - 21:00 Playboy TV Chat
    21:00 - 00:00 Back at midnight

What is going on?

My TV is throwing an absolute fit on the TUTVAnytime channels - the TEXT indicator is flickering as if it is being rapidly reconfigured.

Something not quite right on that mux at the moment.
  • es6300es6300 Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    When I cancelled in 2009 - I made sure that I was recording from the live streams on Topup TV 1, etc rather than rely on the programmes being 'downloaded' to my box.

This ensured that after my subscription - I could still watch these with no time restriction, unlike what got 'downloaded'

For those who have a TUTV box - these are now 'unfit for purpose' - Could these be returned for a refund ? only kidding
  • Think TVThink TV Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    My TV has automatically removed them again, when tuning in to LCN 304 to see chrisy's remarks (as of 12:50) and I did a subsequent auto retune and all six channels have removed all channels: GOLD, Home and TUTV 1, 3, 5, 6

There seems to be nothing broadcasting as GOLD should be on now but BT Sport Preview hasn't come on yet until 2pm as with the previous arrangement.

Anyone analysing this mux? Are there any null packets being transmitted.

Meanwhile, VuTV on LCN 238, EPG now reads "Coming in November..."
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    There seems to be nothing broadcasting as GOLD should be on now but BT Sport Preview hasn't come on yet until 2pm as with the previous arrangement.

All the channels are gone. Before I retuned, the Anytimes and GOLD were both showing No Service.

I guess we wait until 2pm to see if BT Sport Preview is still running, although I'd have thought it would have been removed at the same time if it wasn't going to be (same with Marketplace).

Anybody figured out yet how Playboy TV Chat is able to broadcast from midnight until 9pm? Until BT Sport Preview goes there surely isn't the space? Unless the EPG is in error of course, which wouldn't surprise me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    All the channels are gone. Before I retuned, the Anytimes and GOLD were both showing No Service.

I guess we wait until 2pm to see if BT Sport Preview is still running, although I'd have thought it would have been removed at the same time if it wasn't going to be (same with Marketplace).

Anybody figured out yet how Playboy TV Chat is able to broadcast from midnight until 9pm? Until BT Sport Preview goes there surely isn't the space? Unless the EPG is in error of course, which wouldn't surprise me.

Bt Sports Preview has just come on.

Direct Observation
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Playboy TV Chat is a IPTV service.
  • michaelalanrmichaelalanr Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr. Cool wrote: »

I'm sure if you filled that in nothing would happen. The links on the website no longer point to that page and currently the TUTV home page has had all content removed (i.e sky sports info).

Maybe they are in the process of putting a notification up that they have ceased trading?

Mike

Edit: there is now a notice up stating that TUTV has ceased broadcasting.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr. Cool wrote: »
    I'm sure if you filled that in nothing would happen. The links on the website no longer point to that page and currently the TUTV home page has had all content removed (i.e sky sports info).

Maybe they are in the process of putting a notification up that they have ceased trading?

Mike

Edit: there is now a notice up stating that TUTV has ceased broadcasting.

I tried it it doesn't let you choose any packs so it wont let you proceed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Website updated: http://www.topuptv.com/main/index.html

That'sssssssssssss all folks
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Website updated: http://www.topuptv.com/main/index.html

That'sssssssssssss all folks

Where is MeMeMe! and the other dreamers to proclaim that TUTV will continue :confused::D:p
  • DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My TV is throwing an absolute fit on the TUTVAnytime channels - the TEXT indicator is flickering as if it is being rapidly reconfigured.

My Toshiba TV had a massive fit, around the time those channels got removed, it was stuck on one of the Anytime channels with a black screen. I couldn't change channel, access the guide or menu. I could only change its input via the source menu. I had to switch it off then back on and quickly change the channel before it stuck again. After it recovered, on these channels "Loading Interactive Services" was flickering on and off screen.
  • Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DXRulz wrote: »
    My Toshiba TV had a massive fit, around the time those channels got removed, it was stuck on one of the Anytime channels with a black screen. I couldn't change channel, access the guide or menu. I could only change its input via the source menu. I had to switch it off then back on and quickly change the channel before it stuck again. After it recovered, on these channels "Loading Interactive Services" was flickering on and off screen.

By the 'loading interactive services' messages, presumably it's a Vestel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodbye TUTV you won't be missed :D
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top up tv was dead in the water for the last few years.
    Forum Member

Strange you should say that -- My Sony had text flying around with the banner at the top of the screen on G.O.L.D but today just says " no event information" in the epg and "selected programme is not available" if I select the channel
    a retune removed it and others completely.
    Regards.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit tacky of that Top Up TV website to just mention Sky and not Freeview and Virgin Media.
  • epsilonepsilon Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably most equipment did the same as Top Up TV had malformed programme maps on most channels before the channels were removed.
  • epsilonepsilon Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Malformed programme maps. Prior to being removed, the PMT data for Top Up channels had 2 to 3 times the number of packets of normal PMT streams, so 2 sets of conflicting data in the same carousel. Note that streams still exist on SDN with the PMT PID numbers of the former Top Up channels, still running at twice as many packets as the other PMT streams. Also note that conditional access streams are still present on SDN, even though there are no longer any services using them.

Marketplace seems to have become a full time channel. I've not seen a listing for this channel on the Ofcom site, does anyone have a link to Marketplace's licence details on the Ofcom site?
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit tacky of that Top Up TV website to just mention Sky and not Freeview and Virgin Media.
    Presumably Sky had an exclusive agreement with TopUp TV and the others did not. When BT removed Sky Sports from DTT, Top Up advised its customers to go to Sky and presumably received referral fees from it as well.
    Forum Member
    Going back to the original header ---"Top Up TV, will it survive past 2013?" --- we now know the answer is a definate NOOOOO .
    Regards