Options

I just left a woman stranded at the roadside.....

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she didn't know how, she should admit it or call the services.

Plenty of blokes don't change tyres either

Having two broken fingers would make it hard for the OP too.

It isn't the easiest job to do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Well done - I'd have said, "Haven't you heard? The sisters are doing it for themselves these days".
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Hence my infatuation with the AA!

Exactly! I'm not surprised all the knights in shining armour on their high horses forgot that. ;)

If the lady mentioned in the OP wished to keep her fingernails nice, she should have joined the AA or RAC.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    Plenty of blokes don't change tyres either

In general, I don't. If my family are using the car, I leave things to the professionals.
  • Options
    walsinghamwalsingham Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    No way. That would not mean you were chivalrous at all. It would mean you were a sucker. I'd have been sorely tempted to have driven off with her spare tyre as well.

There is no way this woman would have apreciated it if the op had helped her, She would have just thought that he was a fool and that she was gods gift.

It's one thing to help someone in need, that is chivalrous, but to fall for a cheap scam like that...

Glad I don't live in your world.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My husband did the same once against his better judgement. He was flagged down by a woman asking him for a lift. She looked a bit distressed. She gave him a phone number and he rang it . Turns out that she had suffered a lucid moment and wandered off, came round and didn't know the way home. She did have her aunt's phone number in her bag but no moblie. My husband phoned it and her very relieved auntie directed my husband to drive the lost woman home.

It was a huge risk taken by my husband. But luckilly the woman checked out to be genuinely lost and not too well.
  • Options
    walsinghamwalsingham Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    My husband did the same once against his better judgement. He was flagged down by a woman asking him for a lift. She looked a bit distressed. She gave him a phone number and he rang it . Turns out that she had suffered a lucid moment and wandered off, came round and didn't know the way home. She did have her aunt's phone number in her bag but no moblie. My husband phoned it and her very relieved auntie directed my husband to drive the lost woman home.

It was a huge risk taken by my husband. But luckilly the woman checked out to be genuinely lost and not too well.

Why a "huge risk"?