Options

The Grumpy Old Women Thread... (Part 17)

1118119120121122124»

Comments

• Options
    LuckyM2012LuckyM2012 Posts: 6,136
    Forum Member
    grumpy
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    I'm watching out for opportunities to run away to the South of France.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    batgirl wrote: »
    I'm watching out for opportunities to run away to the South of France.

:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    handymelon wrote: »
    I don't usually do reality TV but Strictly is lovely and happy and funny and Melony likes it, so... :D

Watch the clip, guys - less than two minutes, and I swear you'll LOVE her :)

Parents Evening... joy! :eek:

LittlePlum, my mum and I used to love watching Strictly together, in fact it was quite useful in some ways in teaching LP how to debate, and share and discuss opinions. We did actually just watch it because we enjoyed it though! Watched the Lisa Riley clip and loved it, I wish it were being shown on TV here - wahhhhh! We don't watch much tv these days since we lost Austar (cable tv) when we moved out, so now we just have a few channels and the antenna here is shocking so of the channels we could get, they sort of come and go a bit, so there's no point getting too attached to any series :D

Not much happening here - we're still just about scraping by but Christmas coming up is a bit of a worry but hopefully my hours might increase in the run up to Christmas. Failing that it's back to Plan B which is DestructoPup and I busking and doing a dance routine on the Esplanade - spare some coppers for a cuppa rosie, guv'nor? Although there is no copper coinage here as the 1c and 2c went ages ago apparently.

I need a new author to read as I seem to have almost caught up with all the ones I like or am waiting for their latest ones to come out in paperback edition. Yes I do have a kindle which I do love but not quite as much as my real books :p I can't even say their's a particular genre I like as I like a bit of everything just about. I have a day off today so I'm going to go wandering round Amazon and TheBookDepository and see what I can find!

Hope all are well and happy! Belated but heartfelt birthday good wishes to you Sad, hope you had a lovely day! :)

Time for a cuppa before I have to do my one unpleasant task of the day which is speak to our DSS equivalent, apparently i'm having a phone interview with them, I have no idea why - eeeep! To be fair they have been really good to me when dealing with them so all should be well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Plum, perhaps you could start up a protection racket with DestructoPup?

Plum: "Honest guv, he's good as gold"
    Pup: <big brown eyes>
    Plum: "but he's easily excited"
    Pup: <wags tail>
    Plum: "you don't what to get him angry."
    Punter: "What, that bundle of fluff?"
    Pup: <cocks leg>
    Punter "nice doggy"
    Pup: <raises tail and start to squat>
    Punter "nice doggy"
    Pup: "grrrrrr"
    ect ect
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Plum

The premise is science-fiction-daft, but the characters are amazing enough that you care about them, and it's only two quid (UK).

The Last Man on Earth Club [Kindle Edition]
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Last-Earth-Club-ebook/dp/B00520977U/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

Six people are gathered for a therapy group deep in the countryside. Six people who share a unique and terrible trauma: each one is the last survivor of an apocalypse.

Each of them was rescued from a parallel universe where humanity was wiped out. They’ve survived nuclear war, machine uprisings, mass suicide, the reanimated dead, and more.

If you win the lottery, Amazon Prime gets you free delivery and this:

From late October, Kindle owners with an Amazon Prime membership can borrow popular Kindle books at no extra cost, as frequently as one book per month and with no due dates. Choose from over 200,000 titles, including all seven Harry Potter books and other top sellers in the Amazon.co.uk Kindle Store.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

Oui, oui, oui.

Plummy - I do like a bit of sci-fi on my Kindle so will be taking up KJ's suggestion but apart from that, how about revisiting some classics. They tend to be free.

I'm planning a Dickens fest soon. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooo, KJ, I didn't know about Amazon Prime! I've just looked it up. Batman's going to get that for me. He doesn't know it just yet but I've sent him a link to the right page. :D
  • Options
    ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    :D @ KJ's protection racket scenario! Only problem is DestructoPup, she just does the full body wag and gives out the message "I love you" to everyone she meets, "you're my new best friend, come and play!" She's a large lump of soppiness coated in a tough dog exterior! She is also know as BellyBargeBum because she has an unendearing habit of swinging her hips into your leg and sending you flying if you're lucky and if you don't move with the barge you get a massive bruise as in the irrestible force (her) meeting the immovable object (in this case me)! I have a beautiful black and purple bruise running from my knee half way down my shin - I'm looking forward to it going green and gold because then I'll be all aussie and patriotic ;):D

I was reading about Amazon Prime yesterday by coincidence and my undestanding is that we can't have it in australia as it seems only to be available to UK and US via their individual sites. My kindle has to be linked to the US one which I wasn't happy about as prices differ and to me seem more expensive than the Uk site. Having said that, the book you recommended, KJ, appears to be about the same price so on payday I will give that one a go - yes seriously I do not have $2,99 left in my account :eek: Living life on the edge is great for my mathematical and juggling abilities :D I haven't read any sci-fi for a long time so this should be interesting! :cool:

Yesterday turrned out to be an awful day which is a bummer as I had so been looking forward to having a day off other than the weekend, but such is life! Today I shall have glorious fun in the sun doing my washing, ironing and mopping the floors - life in the tropics is all about this party lifestyle :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had so much going on and ... well... being at Mum's meant i didn't have much chance to get on line here.

Sorry Grumpies, I promise in future to try my best to do my best to do my duty to Grump. I'll serve other people and keep the Grumpie brownie/guide Law. xxxxx

Life is shit at times and at the moment for me I'm up to me nose.
  • Options
    AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ereaderiq good for free books - they are only free for a couple of days but I've had some good ones lately - look for the stars and reviews
  • Options
    BizBiz Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ImaPlum wrote: »
    Yesterday turrned out to be an awful day which is a bummer as I had so been looking forward to having a day off other than the weekend, but such is life! Today I shall have glorious fun in the sun doing my washing, ironing and mopping the floors - life in the tropics is all about this party lifestyle :D

Plum, you really do have a gift. I suppose it's too much to hope that you've kept a file of your 'columns', but I really wish you had. I can just imagine the book "The life of Plum".

You are a remarkable person, and I know everyone who reads you must wish you the very best for the future. :)
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,838
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=61653615#post61653615
    This discussion has been closed.