Options

Baby P's Mother to be released on Parole

Comments

• Options
    mike_dunnmike_dunn Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    What? Already? Blimey, are they giving her a new ID and stuff?

No new ID, which I find a bit surprising. I'd say she'll be in real danger of attacks.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Tragic, isn't it? As others have said, the cycle goes on. Takes someone very brave and unique to get out of it. Not going to happen for her, is it?

Also an interesting point you made about others involved in the abuse. The mother will get pilloried more, irrespective of her greater/ lesser part in it all.

It's just so terribly sad that the people who could have made a difference, taken him out of that environment, let him down so badly, that his only way out was death.
  • Options
    jackie_Fletcherjackie_Fletcher Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The evil cow should never get out.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    mike_dunn wrote: »
    No new ID, which I find a bit surprising. I'd say she'll be in real danger of attacks.

She'll get no sympathy from me if she gets a good hiding.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will disappear with a tag on. Well who would like to go out with that tramp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    She will disappear with a tag on. Well who would like to go out with that tramp.

Lots of guys do go out with similar looking and of similar weight. You only have to watch Jeremy Kyle :D
  • Options
    TominxsterTominxster Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor little wee man. It still makes me feel sick. She should have been locked away for a lot longer.
  • Options
    tiggertinytiggertiny Posts: 5,361
    Forum Member
    This woman and the low-life scum who jointly murdered this little boy should never have seen the outside of a prison cell again.

A sickening decision by the sick scumbags on the Parole Board.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    tiggertiny wrote: »
    This woman and the low-life scum who jointly murdered this little boy should never have seen the outside of a prison cell again.

A sickening decision by the sick scumbags on the Parole Board.

I agree.

Too many liberal do-gooders involved in the whole process. It's all very well and good, but these days the victims and what they suffer seems to be completely irrelevant.

The woman should spend the rest of her life behind bars.
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her sentence was too short but she's served it, so that's that I suppose. As for the new identity thing, I don't see why she should be given one. She's free to change her own name by deed poll if she wants, but she wasn't a child at the time of her crime so I don't see why the taxpayer should pay for it.

I just hope she never has any more children.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They won't want to go out with her because she's a convicted criminal, more likely! And no-one will go out with YOU because you judge people based on what they look like! ;)
  • Options
    DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    Give it a year and the headlines will be 'Baby P's killer mother pregnant'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike_dunn wrote: »
    Lots of guys do go out with similar looking and of similar weight. You only have to watch Jeremy Kyle :D

Tell me about it. They don't know if she's out yet. Know one will no. She will be given a new ID and handouts.
  • Options
    DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    Tell me about it. They don't know if she's out yet. Know one will no. She will be given a new ID and handouts.

She's not getting a new ID.

Doesn't matter anyway, she'll find someone equally as chavvy and scummy to impregnate her
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Domestos wrote: »
    Wouldn't social services take the kid away as soon as it was born?
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless she's been sterilised I'll wager it won't be long before a "baby Q" is neglected and starved to death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't social services take the kid away as soon as it was born?

Yes. She'll be out on license only probably.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite rightly, her life will be hell whether she spends it in jail or out...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Domestos wrote: »

She's going on the streets and sell her body. Please I was having my tea.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    She's learned her lesson

The parole board is convinced that she'll never kill her child again.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I hadn't expected to see her face pop up on tv as I was cooking dinner, but when I did, I immediately thought, right or wrong, well that is some sort of explanation.

(disclaimer: I am not suggesting for a millesecond that anything she has done can ever be excused)
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is unfortunate that she has to be brought back into society.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anais32 wrote: »
    Don't you know victims are only to be pitied when they are nice and completely innocent?

This woman life has never been anything but utter s@*t. Raised in squalor and neglect by an alcoholic/drug abusing mother and having experienced horrific violence herself, and with what looks like precious little in the way of resilience, I doubt she knows how to be anything other than a victim and/or aggressor.

Meanwhile, I wish her waste of space of a mother would shut up. She has no cause to morally judge anyone.

This post demonstrates why the cyclical nature of this kind of crime will never be stamped out.

Had Baby P survived, reached adulthood, and started a family, the pity and empathy expressed about his childhood would be in short supply then.

Yes the mother committed a crime, but our approach is too revenge focussed whilst paying scant regard for prevention and rehabilitation to stop these awful things in the first place.

There are children living lives right now not far removed from Baby P's experience - yet if they survive they'll be vilified for being the product of that experience.

A lot of posts on DS make me consider things from a different angle but none more than these ones.

Thank you, for taking the time make such an important point.
  • Options
    ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Karma will see to the rest.

Hopefully.

She deserves to suffer for what she did to that little boy.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I agree.

Too many liberal do-gooders involved in the whole process. It's all very well and good, but these days the victims and what they suffer seems to be completely irrelevant.

The woman should spend the rest of her life behind bars.

Of course all 3 of them should spend their lives behind bars. She'd have got longer inside if she'd manipulated the LIBOR rates.:rolleyes: