Jonathan Cainer - any good??

Comments

• StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many years ago someone I worked with wanted one of his charts as a birthday gift (office collection present). We sent off our money but never got anything back. Nor did we get our money refunded. It got to the point where it just wasn't worth pursuing any more. :(
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was going to get one for my mum which is why I was asking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure he doesn't do that with everyone or he wouldn't still be trading. He just annoyed me though.
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've just gone and read his horoscopes for the day. I read the first 4 and they all equally apply to me.
    This would suggest that if your mum likes this sort of thing, then she will be happy with it.
  • BowmaniBowmani Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Just another con man. You people gotta stop believing in this rubbish same as religion.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to get one for my mum which is why I was asking.

You'd be better off going to an "ordinary" astrologer not in the public eye.

An old friend of mine in Clacton is an astrologer, but I've long since lost touch with him. Otherwise you could have had his details.

He was no fraud either - whether you believe in it or not, he definitely did and put a massive amount of work into the charts of his clients.

"Coming out for a drink tonight, Elliott ?" "No sorry, two new charts to work on. One is incredibly complicated". When I did see him he used to bore me with stuff about planets, trine to this, square to that, Saturn is adversely affecting your life at present. All that caper.

I think it's a load of crap, personally. But he really believed in what he was doing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    You'd be better off going to an "ordinary" astrologer not in the public eye.

An old friend of mine in Clacton is an astrologer, but I've long since lost touch with him. Otherwise you could have had his details.

He was no fraud either - whether you believe in it or not, he definitely did and put a massive amount of work into the charts of his clients.

"Coming out for a drink tonight, Elliott ?" "No sorry, two new charts to work on. One is incredibly complicated". When I did see him he used to bore me with stuff about planets, trine to this, square to that, Saturn is adversely affecting your life at present. All that caper.

I think it's a load of crap, personally. But he really believed in what he was doing.

I'd agree with this I think it's load of crap too but if you are spending your hard earned cash go to an 'ordinary' astrologer to do the chart. Properly done they are very beautiful.
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    It's a load of carp.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all total bollocks.

Planets millions or billions of miles away or stars quadrillians or sextillians of miles away do not have any influence at all on whether you are going to take the bus or not. :D
  • dan_blamiresdan_blamires Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classic human ego. Seeing patterns where there are none with humans at the centre. Cobblers.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Of all the idiotic things some people believe in, horoscopes have to be the most utterly ridiculous of them all.

I mean, seriously?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a Jonathan Cainer report done and it was ok.

I used to have a Tarot reading done by someone on Ebay, if I can find her again I will post a link, she was very good.