• Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Miss Sunshine... Not bad at all 7.5/10
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    The Number 23 which I thought was really good although I obviously have no idea because on looking up the reviews afterwards I saw it was totally panned by the critics.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm watching "Thelma & Louise" at the moment.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rambo III.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JODOROWSKY'S DUNE - 9/10
    hint
    make this version with state of the art mo-capping, 3D CGI and mix it with traditional animation ..... but love all the parts that were incorporated into all those other movies :cool:
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    JODOROWSKY'S DUNE - 9/10
    hint
    make this version with state of the art mo-capping, 3D CGI and mix it with traditional animation ..... but love all the parts that were incorporated into all those other movies :cool:

Ooh I need to see this doc...the original plans seem epic, for sure, shame it was never carried out. I quite like the David Lynch movie, but it does drag in parts a bit, and I have to be in the right frame of mind to watch it, but once you are in the zone...:D

We went to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 this morning, was great entertainment for the school holidays, plenty of excitement, and emotion, of course once the kids shed a tear I did..meh getting more soft as the weeks go by! The animation was superb, the 3d might have been too much for the wee one at the scary dragon bit so glad we saw it in 2d. Must have been a great sequel as I haven't caught the entire first film when it has been shown on tv, and I was very much taken by it. Think it is the best Dreamworks animation I have seen so far..10/10.
  • Options
    sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm watching "Thelma & Louise" at the moment.

One of the best endings ever!

Locke - Tom Hardy is a frighteningly good actor and makes what could have been humdrum in the hands of a lesser actor totally compelling 8/10
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    JODOROWSKY'S DUNE - 9/10
    hint

I have this ready to watch when I head off on my hols next week. Looking forwards to this one. Also have the Lego movies, watches the first five minutes and thought what a pile of poo, however the reviews seem so positive I may have been a little too quick to judge this one.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I have this ready to watch when I head off on my hols next week. Looking forwards to this one. Also have the Lego movies, watches the first five minutes and thought what a pile of poo, however the reviews seem so positive I may have been a little too quick to judge this one.

Hehe The Lego Movie, my kids went to see it at the flicks with their dad, my eldest, 12, gave it 5/10, my youngest at 5 was apparently quite jumpy on the seat, whether it was that she had too much watered down cola, or not it was quickly forgotten..hehe! I think I will wait till it is £1 second hand at Missing Records..:D
  • Options
    Sam_Williams1Sam_Williams1 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Submarine (2010) Pretty decent coming of age drama, nothing spectacular, but worth a watch 7/10
  • Options
    MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 374,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thumbelina (1994) - 7/10

The first ten minutes were awful, hence why I gave this film 7/10. But gradually it became better. I'm a big Disney fan and expected great things but overall Thumbelina was quite enjoyable.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Happiest Days of Your Life [1950]. Director: Frank Launder

8/10

Fun and games when a boys school and a girls school are merged due to a Ministry error. With Alastair Sim, Richard Wattis, Joyce Grenfell, Guy Middleton and an unbilled George Cole in the cast and Ronald Searle cartoons for the opening credits this seems very much a dry run for the St Trinian's films later in the decade.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're The Millers...3rd time I've seen it and it still made me laugh 8.5/10
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,287
    Forum Member
    The Simpsons Movie (2007) - 9/10
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Machine - 7/10
  • Options
    sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trascendence - a tedious chore to watch 5/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Last night watched Sanctum..seen it on dvd when it came out..was kinda sad towards the end :(
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    Hey Arnold the Movie (2002) - 5.5/10
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Date with a Dream [1948]. Director: Dicky Leeman

6/10

British musical comedy starring Terry Thomas (no hyphen in those days) and a collection of variety acts. This is Norman Wisdom's film debut - he's in it for 12 seconds shadow boxing.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Pompeii (2014) tonight started of a bit slow but did get better once it started blowing up.
    I give this a 5 out of 10.
  • Options
    GoodLuckCharmGoodLuckCharm Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Tammy - 4/10 - Some bits were good but for the most part it was very predictable.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seventeen Ninja (Jushichinin no ninja (1963) 7.5/10
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Spaceballs - 5/10 Meh it wasn't as funny as I thought it'd be
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member