Options

Edwina is awful

Comments

• Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Spot on. Edwina is getting flack because she is an ex Tory MP.

I was thinking, self serving, ugly, greedy old pig but you are probably right.
  • Options
    HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a rude response. Patronising, too.
    The quotes I have used are in inverted commas because they are DIRECT quotations from this thread. Many of the responses have been unnecessarily vitriolic and judgemental. At least two people have tossed around the bullying accusation, which is simply ludicrous. I think someone has been skim-reading the posts. (Where's a rolling eyes smilie when you need one...?)

I was right with my guess then.

Regarding rude and patronising, I would refer you to your own post.
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menelaus wrote: »
    What an awful woman. Just starts laying into Kendra without even understanding what she was talking about. Typical superior politician. Awful person, get her out. Kendra isn't perfect and has a bizarre life but she didn't deserve that self-righteous nonsense from a politician who has no right to lecture anyone.

It's always interesting that people only see what they want to see when someone takes a dislike to another.

This post totally ignores Kendra's foul language and reactions saying only she "isn't perfect". All I would say with regards to the "discussion" between the two women is that I know who came out of it looking better - and it was not Kendra.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    It's always interesting that people only see what they want to see when someone takes a dislike to another.

This post totally ignores Kendra's foul language and reactions saying only she "isn't perfect". All I would say with regards to the "discussion" between the two women is that I know who came out of it looking better - and it was not Kendra.

Well that's that cleared up then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    If you can't be impartial then I'll have to discount your opinion.

Exactly what I thought too.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,651
    Forum Member
    porgia wrote: »
    Kendra is totally self-absorbed. She doesn't care about feeding the camp mates, in fact she's already told us she is not going to try again tomorrow and has a horrible foul mouth. She is a perfect example of what reality TV can do to people. Go back to America - and stay there.
    Amen to that!
    SULLA wrote: »
    Only if she does a Major trial.
    :D Naughty, ;-) But yes, I want to see Ms Curry do a trial, preferably an eating one as I think they are the worst. :o
    JVS wrote: »
    You'd think an experienced politician would know when to 'shut it'. It wasn't her conversation and she chose to interpret it in her own way. Then she wouldn't let it drop...
    This a small group of people idling away their time till they get sent into the luxurious hotel, conversations are pretty communal. Kendra had no businnes telling Edwina or anyone else, what they can and cannot say. Kendra took the floor and expounded on her views on life with gusto - did she expect complete silence in reurn? Or everyone to agree with her? Obviously she was not prepared for another point of view, in fact Edwina said pretty much what I was thinking. If you don't like the heat Kendra - stay out of the kitchen.
    I see it slightly differently. Edwina butted in forcefully with her opinion which was directed at Kendra in a judgemental and personal way. She wasn't just entering into the spirit of debate or conversation. It was more a case of you are wrong and I am right. I don't think it helped that Edwina had nicked her socks earlier, either ;-)
    Well I didn't see it like that at all, I have no love whatsoever for Edwina, but Kendra was way out of order with her venormous response to Edwina daring to have a different view to her own she clearly does not know how to handle anything that may seem like criticism.
    wotnot wrote: »
    I think the point is that Kendra didn't instigate or invite a debate in the first place. When someone is having a conversation with a group of people it's incredibly rude for someone outside of the circle to bellow into the group in the middle of the conversation an opinion that has not been solicited. I get where Kendra was coming from and I believe Edwina did too but she deliberately ignored the points that Kendra was trying to make and turned the conversation around to a different perception of the topic just to get her own point of view across. Kendra used foul language but Edwina was very rude so it's 1-1 I think but the situation was instigated by Edwina's interference and ego.
    This is a completely wrong way of looking at it. They are a small group of people all chatting together, everyone there is entitled to speak - they don't have to be invited.
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    Isn't the point that Kendra understood immediately what Edwina was trying on? She knew that Edwina wasn't interested in having the discussion or being objective, she realised Edwina was determined to misconstrue what she was saying, to not let her finish explaining her beliefs and to twist what she meant around and feed it back to the captive audience.
    Kendra was affronted and rightly so that someone would be so rude as to interrupt and attempt to override her when she was herself wrangling with how to express a subject that had huge meaning for her, she was opening herself up thinking she was with friends before she was unjustifiably attacked from an outsider to the situation. She reacted defensively in an emotional way because of her youth.
    Edwina knew so well what she was doing, looking for the chink in someone's armour to try and tear them down and seizing upon a few words taken out of contest to try to paint someone into a corner. The actions of a lowlife. or a politician.

Edwina Currie, the parasitical politician that she is, sensed vulnerability and made her move, thinking she could get one over on the dumb (in her mind) blonde, American bimbo, she just didn't expect the girl to have so much self belief and inner strenght about her.
    She was scalded lol. And is was really obvious when she was sitting by the fire later, she kept looking over and Kendra slyly and she didn't look smug at all, she looked like a pricked balloon.

Kendra did a great job of being fearless in the face of blatent hostility and bullying from Edwina.
    Edwina was trying a little of the Delphi principle on her, that is, trying to get the others to turn on her and make her feel isolated into silence with her opinion. She was convinced this old bully tactic would be successful and staggered that it failed.

I love the way Kendra just sees Edwina for the sly, underhanded, manipulative, fraudulent old crow she is and wasn't one bit fazed by her notoriety Edwina thinks all us little people are going to kowtow and is in a state of shock when it doesn't happen. Kendra talked to her as an equal!!!. The people that don't applaud Kendra are afraid I think. Afraid because they know deep down they haven't got the same courage and would probly lick Edwina's boot in the right circumstance.
    Jeeeezzzzz!! I'd hate to face you across a court room! Youcertainly know how to twist things around to your own personal point of view.
    Suffice to say that I totally disagree with your entire post!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    I think Edwina was annoyed earlier by Kendra swearing about her socks going missing....blaming Edwina who had kept calm and waited her chance when Kendra was giving her speech about how she sees life.... Kendra has a massive chip on her shoulder about her past and waiting to be judged... was there no one there for Kendra when she was a teenager.. I think not.. when she could rush into the arms of an old sleaze...... Edwina was wrong too with her uppitiy butting in... but think she was seething from earlier on when grumpy Kendra lost it over socks... Edwina is sharp and knew that Kendra would snap and embarrass herself after her earlier outburst.. To me Kendra put the kettle on but Edwina was like a cat after her prey...

Perhaps she should have just told Kendra to "put a sock in it " .......so to speak.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Jeeeezzzzz!! I'd hate to face you across a court room! Youcertainly know how to twist things around to your own personal point of view.
    Suffice to say that I totally disagree with your entire post!

Against hot competition - I speak as someone who has spent a lot of time in the politics forum, where injured forum members are dismembered and eaten by the others - saying "The people that don't applaud Kendra are afraid I think. Afraid because they know deep down they haven't got the same courage and would probly lick Edwina's boot in the right circumstance." is the most obnoxiously childish post I have seen all week. I would pay DS to give us back the rolling eye smiley for an hour so I could use it.

Andrea: Kendra showed precisely no courage. Shouting and swearing at someone because they have dared to disagree with you does not require courage. The last couple of trials she was sent for would have required some courage, but unfortunately she didn't fancy showing any.

I promise that there are actual grown ups in this forum who are not 'afraid' that they haven't got Kendra's 'courage'. Is there a single person here who envies her route to (mini)stardom? No one wants to 'lick Edwina's boots" - not even with three pairs of socks inside. Almost no one likes her or admires her career. We are just able to argue a point without stooping to the kind of post you should have given up when you were ten.
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menelaus wrote: »
    What an awful woman. Just starts laying into Kendra without even understanding what she was talking about. Typical superior politician. Awful person, get her out. Kendra isn't perfect and has a bizarre life but she didn't deserve that self-righteous nonsense from a politician who has no right to lecture anyone.

I do not agree with you kendra was out of order I thing she needs to learn some manners up to that point I was quite liking kendra I think a very valid point was being made andshe totally lost it
    in her favour I do think she was feeling the strain of doing the tasks and had reached her. limit it was just unfortunate that she lost it in such a way she needs to make her apology and move on
    sorry for the mistakes I am using Voice recognition it's eaarly days I need to keep practising
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's just how I think it's happened.
    I expected not to like Kendra from the beginning tbh but she doesn't seem like a bad sort really. She's honest.
    Edwina has been toying with her and Kendra knows it.
    You can't just keep poking and poking a stick at a bear and not expect it to bite back eventually.
    She was just dishing out to Edwina precisely what Edwina has been serving up to her for quite a while now and of course because they are all in close proximity in a confined area with no where to run things are going to heat up a lot more than they would ordinarily.
    Edwina acts like a nasty schoolgirl bully and it's totally unbecoming for someone of her advanced years and Kendra was correct to point it out.
    I don't think Kendra did too badly at all. I especially liked the way she asked Edwina if she was the Queen of England now? LOL. She mightn't have had the right words and got frustrated but she put the crone in her place, believe me.
    Edwina was looking really lame later on. If you listened to what Kendra said she summed Edwina up in a nutshell and the old lady just knew she had asked for it.
    Do you have access to live feed? Because if you've been watching the same as the rest of us. I just don't know how you have come to these conclusions. :confused:
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    If Edwina had an ounce of class, she wouldn't be there in the first place.

She has invalidated her own opinion, apart from greed and self publicity, why is she there?

Nor would the rest of them. What's Michael Buerk's excuse?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have access to live feed? Because if you've been watching the same as the rest of us. I just don't know how you have come to these conclusions. :confused:

Nor would the rest of them. What's Michael Buerk's excuse?

I am not an apologist for Michael Buerk, I think he said he is in it for the money.

The Currie woman is a different kettle of fish altogether. Ignoring the fact that she slated Nadine for being there, she implied the whole program is tripe. She deserves to eat 2 tons of it. Dreadful hypocrite trying to get her mug shown all of the time.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ruffle wrote: »
    in her favour I do think she was feeling the strain of doing the tasks and had reached her. limit it was just unfortunate that she lost it in such a way she needs to make her apology and move on

She hadn't done any tasks for a couple of days; on the contrary, she had been in the CIA and kept saying what a wonderful time she had been having.

I suspect that her comfort zone is a very small one. She obviously doesn't mind being asked if she slept with Hefner for money because she has been asked 100 times and has her answer all ready prepared. But she seemed genuinely shocked that anyone could disagree with her when she was doing her 'I'm a strong woman' shtick.

It would have been better if she had apologised, yes. The others were treating her like a partially exploded bomb after her outburst, and it cast a big cloud of gloom over what should have been a celebratory meal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not an apologist for Michael Buerk, I think he said he is in it for the money.

The Currie woman is a different kettle of fish altogether. Ignoring the fact that she slated Nadine for being there, she implied the whole program is tripe. She deserves to eat 2 tons of it. Dreadful hypocrite trying to get her mug shown all of the time.:p

Everyone has a price and she is retired. and has been for some years no one deserves to be spoken to the way she was spoken to and I am sure there is a lot of people. Would be glad to go in the jungle for the kind of money thy get
    The last politician to be in the jungle was working and took time out to go there
    that makes the circumstances very different
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are good points, we should all be collectively asking ourselves why we are so easily offended and faint hearted I think..
    I don't swear myself in day to day life but it's something that I do resort to during a time of intense stress or difficulty, especially while driving lol, so i can understand anyone else who resorts to swearing at similar times, it's not what you would xhoose to do, the swearing is symbolic of the heightened emotion/distress you are feeling in a bad moment and should be understood as such surely?

Not complaining is NOT a good thing, it's like saying you are prepared to put up with anything, even ill treatment and bullying and you won't react. Governments love people to be like this, it makes it easier for them to treat us as cattle. And that's we have food that is of a lower quality than you will buy in Germany or elsewhere from the same brand names.

Kendra was just letting it rip instead of worrying about the consequences and fair play to her for just being herself. Of course people will view people who get angry and loose control as having lost the argument but it takes time to learn how to keep your head and retaliate calmly and with wisdom and Kendra hasn't reached that stage yet maybe. Or maybe she was just seriously pissed off.

I wonder what people would be saying about her if she had allowed herself to be silenced and let Edwina away with the taunting?

Read your own post and replace 'Kendra' with 'Edwina' and vice versa. Interesting.................;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ruffle wrote: »
    Everyone has a price and she is retired. and has been for some years no one deserves to be spoken to the way she was spoken to and I am sure there is a lot of people. Would be glad to go in the jungle for the kind of money thy get
    The last politician to be in the jungle was working and took time out to go there
    that makes the circumstances very different

I expect she will donate her fee to the support of food banks, perhaps she is on there highlighting what it is like to be hungry.
  • Options
    Forum Member

She's gone down the route of other washed up folk, is there a reality show she hasn't been on?
    But Michael Buerk??? I'm pretty shocked actually. :(
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

Add 'adulterous, wizened, hypocritical old hag' to that and I'm with you!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's gone down the route of other washed up folk, is there a reality show she hasn't been on?

£120,000 for three weeks (hopefully entertaining) work? I would. Perhaps he fancies a conservatory.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Against hot competition - I speak as someone who has spent a lot of time in the politics forum, where injured forum members are dismembered and eaten by the others - saying "The people that don't applaud Kendra are afraid I think. Afraid because they know deep down they haven't got the same courage and would probly lick Edwina's boot in the right circumstance." is the most obnoxiously childish post I have seen all week. I would pay DS to give us back the rolling eye smiley for an hour so I could use it.

Andrea: Kendra showed precisely no courage. Shouting and swearing at someone because they have dared to disagree with you does not require courage. The last couple of trials she was sent for would have required some courage, but unfortunately she didn't fancy showing any.

I promise that there are actual grown ups in this forum who are not 'afraid' that they haven't got Kendra's 'courage'. Is there a single person here who envies her route to (mini)stardom? No one wants to 'lick Edwina's boots" - not even with three pairs of socks inside. Almost no one likes her or admires her career. We are just able to argue a point without stooping to the kind of post you should have given up when you were ten.

I don't like anything about Kendra's past lifestyle and believe it's goes a long way to contribute to the rot in our society as we know it but that doesn't mean I am going to hold it against the girl and despise her for it.

She was courageous in confronting Edwina, and as I've already said she could have handled it a lot better and not gone off the rails if she had had the words, but she didn't, so she had to respond in the only way she could by using naughty language and getting beligerent. Well so what? She felt she had to do something. She certainly didn't deserve being put down in public by an artful old trout.
    Only an idiot would feel sorry for Edwina, she asked for everything she got and that's what sometimes happens when you intentionally set out to wind people up I'm afraid.

No one else in that camp would stand up to Edwina no matter what she was to do to them.
    They'd much prefer to be licking her boots:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect she will donate her fee to the support of food banks, perhaps she is on there highlighting what it is like to be hungry.

That I don't know but you do make a good point
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They have enough money to live comfortably until they die. Why do they make A-holes of themselves to make even more?

It just irritates me more with Currie because of how she banged on about Nadine Dorries.

And she is bullying Kendra, she is like a hyena that smells weak prey.:)
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read your own post and replace 'Kendra' with 'Edwina' and vice versa. Interesting.................;-)

Why the hell would i do that for now? Jesus, I'm not that bored lol
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I think I must be going a bit mad TBH.

The way I heard it - Kendra said something along the lines of 'I don't live my life for anyone else' - she made a point of saying it a few times. Now admittedly I guess that could be taken a number of ways.

I think like Edwina I read it as - she puts herself above anyone. Again - like Edwina I was shocked by that especially as Kendra has young children. Even if she didn't I do think there are times in life where putting someone's needs above your own is just the right thing to do.

I would not have been able to sit and nod along like everyone else was doing - like Edwina I'd have challenged her on it.

What scares the sh*t out of me is that I have found I have a common way of thinking as Edwina:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Add 'adulterous, wizened, hypocritical old hag' to that and I'm with you!:D
    I REALLY hope you two are very, very young. If you are over 13, shame on you. What an ugly, worthless forum this would be if everyone started posting like that.
    INo one else in that camp would stand up to Edwina no matter what she was to do to them.

Absolutely on the contrary. Everyone looked shit scared of Kendra: they were like a flock of anxious birds fluttering round her. I am not sure I have ever seen a group of people so panicked and desperate to calm someone down at all costs. If you saw anyone licking Edwina's boots, you must have been watching a completely different programme. All I saw was Nadia sweetly sitting and chatting to her while everyone else fussed and twittered over Kendra.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like anything about Kendra's past lifestyle and believe it's goes a long way to contribute to the rot in our society as we know it but that doesn't mean I am going to hold it against the girl and despise her for it.

She was courageous in confronting Edwina, and as I've already said she could have handled it a lot better and not gone off the rails if she had had the words, but she didn't, so she had to respond in the only way she could by using naughty language and getting beligerent. Well so what? She felt she had to do something. She certainly didn't deserve being put down in public by an artful old trout.
    Only an idiot would feel sorry for Edwina, she asked for everything she got and that's what sometimes happens when you intentionally set out to wind people up I'm afraid.

No one else in that camp would stand up to Edwina no matter what she was to do to them.

NO she wasn't courageous at all. She came across as weak and immature. If she was courageous, she would have been able to put her point of view across to Edwina and give reasons to justify her opinion. Instead, she chose to throw her toys out of the pram and rant like a fishwife. That's the very opposite of courage.

And how is the way she reacted 'the only way she could'? There were many different ways she could have responded and the way she chose to was one of the worst ways possible.

Edwina maybe shouldn't have butted in but Kendra should have handled it far better and not like a spoilt child. The way she acted proved Edwinas point really and came across that Kendra really couldn't justify and explain her opinion so resorted to attack as a form of defence which is a tactic used by those out of their depth