Options

Dr Strange

Comments

• Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I do like the idea of Jake Gyllenhaal though as I think he would be a good choice!
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Ewan McGregor as well as few other actors have been linked to the role of Dr Strange in latest reports!

I think Ewan McGregor is in serious consideration for the role. If he gets it, i wouldn't at all be surprised. Although will he be right for the part? Who knows.

Be good for him though anyway, he hasn't had a huge hit in years!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ewan McGregor seems wrong for the role of Dr Strange but he is in a long list of actors being linked to it. The latest actor being linked is Colin Farrell
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching the new series of 'Sleepy Hollow' and realised Tom Mison would be perfect. He even has a Gene Colan doctor look
    Not the first by any means:
    http://derexploitation.com/2014/01/15/submitted-for-your-consideration-tom-mison-as-dr-strange/
    gives the argument neatly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry - duplicate:blush:
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Tom Hardy would be great. Also, I just don't want him to be in another DC movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well you could get your wish as he is been rumoured to join X Men Apocalypse

Although I think he would be the wrong choice for Dr Strange!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you could get your wish as he is been rumoured to join X Men Apocalypse

Although I think he would be the wrong choice for Dr Strange!

Sorry, I mean REAL Marvel not Fox Marvel. The X Men franchise is awful and I'm still holding out hope that Fox will somehow lose the rights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That won't happen anytime soon and even if they did Marvel schedule is planned way ahead so it would a struggle to fit in a rebooted X Men film

I hope they don't anyway as I prefer to see Marvel bring in new superheroes to the Marvel film universe like Dr Strange rather than a Marvel version of X Men!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That won't happen anytime soon and even if they did Marvel schedule is planned way ahead so it would a struggle to fit in a rebooted X Men film

I hope they don't anyway as I prefer to see Marvel bring in new superheroes to the Marvel film universe like Dr Strange rather than a Marvel version of X Men!

Re BIB Why can't they do both?
    Also, Marvel wouldn't have to fit X Men into current plans; they could always make X Men in 2020...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marvel are holding a press event tomorrow. No one knows why.

Expect the announcement of Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr Strange. You heard it here first folks!

After all the back and forth, to-ing and fro-ing trying to find the right calibre of actor suitable for the role i think Marvel have made a reasonable choice choosing BC.

If he wasn't famous now, he sure will be mega-famous by the time Dr Strange hits the screens!
  • Options
    Balbinder MannBalbinder Mann Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »

Expect the announcement of Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr Strange. You heard it here first folks!

After all the back and forth, to-ing and fro-ing trying to find the right calibre of actor suitable for the role i think Marvel have made a reasonable choice choosing BC.

If he wasn't famous now, he sure will be mega-famous by the time Dr Strange hits the screens!

Duplicate post. Oops!
  • Options
    Balbinder MannBalbinder Mann Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »

More than just a suitable choice. It could be as good a casting as Downey Jr for Tony Stark. I hope he plays the part with appropriate humanity. I hope it's not a retread of Sherlock (He was horribly bland in Wrath of Khan 2). Mind you, I always thought that Cumberbatch didn't want his face on lunchboxes? :)

Actually looking at the CBR article, although i think BC will be good, I'd have preferred Colin Farrell, TBH. Apparently Keanu Reeves was on the shortlist...all I can say is What The ****?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think BC is an interesting choice for Dr Strange and an actor who could hold his own against RDJ.I guess we will have the offical announcement soon!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    BC as Dr Strange.

I would never in a million years have called that one.

I know little to nothing about Dr Strange so maybe BC will be perfect for the role but he doesn't really fit into the universe for me.

But it seems Marvel can do no wrong, and BC is an excellent actor so I'm going to go with it. I look forward to seeing what they do with this.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    ^ Good choice. But they may have wanted someone younger.

Don't get the whole BC thing myself, but I imagine the fans will be pleased.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So Marvel have confirmed Dr Strange is being released 4th November 2016
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marvel have confirmed that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Dr Strange!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally! Be interesting to see how this will play out within the Marvel Universe. He's definetely going to become a mega A-list star now with Marvel's backing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its interesting that Marvel have announced this around the same time they are doing extra shooting on Avengers Age Of Ultron.Maybe Dr Strange might be making an appearance in a after credit scene to introduce him to the Marvel cinema audience!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its interesting that Marvel have announced this around the same time they are doing extra shooting on Avengers Age Of Ultron.Maybe Dr Strange might be making an appearance in a after credit scene to introduce him to the Marvel cinema audience!

I think it's more likely the end credit scene would link in with Captain America 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe but I thought that they would properly set that up with the fall out from Avengers Age Of Ultron as both Cap and Iron Man were involved in the Civil War story in the comics that is being used for Cap 3
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Robert Downey Junior would have been perfect for the role.
    But that's a no go for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this movie should be interesting.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Well suited casting in my opinion. :)