Options

Ff Vii

billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
Forum Member
Well i have just started playing this game again after about 3 years and i have to say its timeless what are your views

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best FF game ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best?

ff 8 beats ff 9 by a long way.

as for the best game. it has to be ff10.
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Most people that think FF10 is best are the people that only started playing FF games when they got a PS2. FF10 is a good game I think, but it really isn't a patch on 7, or 8 for that matter.

All a matter of opinion of course :D
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best FF game ever.

Q.F.T

Bext game EVER, the soundtrack was so perfect, amazing story arcs and character development...I've never found a game so good I could still play it today...

And imagine a company making an SP campaigb that long today :) Would never happen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    While I really liked PS2 FF games I hated the added Speech. Jap games shouldn't have American accents :rolleyes:

FF7 has the best music, the most engaging storyline, brilliant puzzles. What more can you want. Timeless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elan Morin wrote: »
    best?

ff 8 beats ff 9 by a long way.

as for the best game. it has to be ff10.

FF9? FFVII is FF7. :confused: I hate FFX the characters are annoying I just couldnt get into it.

I havent liked any Final Fantasy on PS2. I just hope FF13 will be good.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood why FFVII is so highly regarded. I've always favoured FFVIII. I only completed FF10 yesterday and i felt it was an amazing game. In terms of story and character's portrayed. But i did prefer the battle system in FF12.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Love this game. Recently downloaded it from the PS3 store so I could play it on my psp. FFVII and FFVIII are my favourites and I think both are timeless, much prefer the text instead of speech because it gives you your own interpretation on what each character would sound like. I'm still clinging onto the hope that FFVIII will be available next on the PS3 store!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    I just can't get into FF X, I've started it 3 times, and never got that far in, not even tried XII yet.

My favourite switches between FF VII and VIII, currently it's VII. As for FF IX, I find that one a bit too old school and dumbed down, but still fun.
  • Options
    cavemanjamescavemanjames Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    And imagine a company making an SP campaign that long today :) Would never happen

The Tales games have long storylines. The most current one is Tales of Vesperia which was released a month ago.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7, 8 and 10 are excellent IMO. However 7 will always be my first FF and the best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VII and IX are my joint 2nd fave game ever with X as my number 1 (and I finished IX twice before I got a PS2 and X). Having got Advent Children Complete two days before release made me realise how much I love the characters and world.
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    FFVI and FFIX are my favourite in the series.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I can never choose between Vii and Viii, both are great games.

If Vii had Viii's gfx then it would win, and if Viii had Vii's storyline and characters it would win.

Either way, both great games.

X isn't as good as these two, but it's not that far off and it too, is a great game IMO.

IX, was awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FF9? FFVII is FF7. :confused: I hate FFX the characters are annoying I just couldnt get into it.

I havent liked any Final Fantasy on PS2. I just hope FF13 will be good.

sorry i meant ff7

ff8 intro beats anything ff7 has.

the intro to ff8 is the best of any ff ps1 game
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've NEVER played a FF game, I am thinking of buying the FFVII off PSN though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elan Morin wrote: »
    sorry i meant ff7

ff8 intro beats anything ff7 has.

the intro to ff8 is the best of any ff ps1 game

Fair enough if thats what you think. I love both FF7 and FF8 but I warmed to the characters and story just that little bit more in FF7.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved FFVII but since I downloaded it I haven't really played it much (I hate being in Midgar it's so tedius)
    My fave is FFX, followed by FFVII and FFIV.
    I love the fact that ffx took it back to having character classes (I know ffix did it too but it didn't really make a difference on that one because it was so easy)
    I think the sphere grid is the best system they've had yet and the battle system was the best too imo.

FFIX was really just a homage to a lot of the early FF games and there are literally hundreds of 'nods' to games the pre PS FF games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved FFVII but since I downloaded it I haven't really played it much (I hate being in Midgar it's so tedius)
    My fave is FFX, followed by FFVII and FFIV.
    I love the fact that ffx took it back to having character classes (I know ffix did it too but it didn't really make a difference on that one because it was so easy)
    I think the sphere grid is the best system they've had yet and the battle system was the best too imo.

FFIX was really just a homage to a lot of the early FF games and there are literally hundreds of 'nods' to games the pre PS FF games.

Midgar isn't tedious, its one of the best parts of the game (me and my cousin did the cross-dressing bit yesterday, still hilarious). I haven't played my download copy much, I just finished the Kalm flashback.

I agree that X is the best, I love the Sphere Grid and how battles force you to use certain characters against certain foes, and character switching and Aeons, and the turn based combat has never been better.

Here's where I entirely disagree with you; IX. It wasn't just a homage, it has its own story that was an incredible journey with really developed characters and a brilliant overarching theme of identity. The classes in IX were balanced, it's not that the game is easy. It didn't require tons of grinding but it was definately harder than VII.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    I've NEVER played a FF game, I am thinking of buying the FFVII off PSN though

:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoeNDM wrote: »
    Midgar isn't tedious, its one of the best parts of the game (me and my cousin did the cross-dressing bit yesterday, still hilarious). I haven't played my download copy much, I just finished the Kalm flashback.

I agree that X is the best, I love the Sphere Grid and how battles force you to use certain characters against certain foes, and character switching and Aeons, and the turn based combat has never been better.

Here's where I entirely disagree with you; IX. It wasn't just a homage, it has its own story that was an incredible journey with really developed characters and a brilliant overarching theme of identity. The classes in IX were balanced, it's not that the game is easy. It didn't require tons of grinding but it was definately harder than VII.

I don't hate IX and yes, the characters where some of the best developed as each had a great story behind them (except maybe amarant & Quina(?) who both seemed kinda pointless)
    I didn't struggle against any of the bosses in it (although I didn't face Ozma) even Hades, one of the hidden bosses was a walk in the park.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you fight the monster in the book? He was a toughie, and those Sheep things on that island were murders, as were Grand Dragons, even if you were properly levelled.

In other news, my FFVI Advance arrived from the US (and its a LEGIT copy) so I have every game in the main series. I have II, V and VI to finish, not including XI.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Ah I am a massive fan of FFVII!! Seriously that game never gets old.
    FFIX is my second favourite, I think it's way under-rated, I think the characters are much more likeable than those in FFX.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, come to think of it those sheep were real killers. The book thing didn't cause me too much trouble though - reminded me of FFIV that bit.

I really need to start playing VII again, I just can't drag myself away from Sacred 2....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them in this order:

FFVII
    FFVIII
    FFVI
    FFX

5 is good but I only got half way. 1 was too basic. The others I haven't really played.

I hope they remake FFVII and release it on PS3 and Xbox 360.