DOI Friday - 5/3/10

CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else watching this tripe with me? ;)

Showed Mikey's fall yet again despite us seeing it more times than his routine now.

Yay for Robin though.

Comments

• javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I just hear that thatpink jacket thing was Keiran's outfit?!?!?! :eek:
  • CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah :eek: he's gonna take it off and throw it into the audience for the routine.
  • Sharpie MarkerSharpie Marker Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary's acting up to its usual standard - CRAP!
  • MakinItHappenMakinItHappen Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you mean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Jon Culshaw bit is cringey :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    What a rubbish first half.
  • rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always yay for Robin.

The oscar bit? I don't know why he complains about not wanting to make a fool out of himself on ice when he's perfectly happy to do bits like that.

I didn't know you had to audition to get on the show. Which was stupid of me, because of course they'd want to make sure you weren't going to kill anyone.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was reported that Matthew moved in with Danniella?

Although, I really love this type of backstage stuff :)
  • Sharpie MarkerSharpie Marker Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbfan09 wrote: »
    What a rubbish first half.

And it went downhill from there! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Like the bit with the pro's. Best bit about the show is the backstage bits.

The rest was pants though. No change there :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lmao! Anyone else just keep laughing at Frankie at the end wearing that hat while performing? I thought it was funny! lol XD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I loved the bit at the end with the pros. Looking forward to that routine.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed that the pros VT was the best bit.

Is it me or was Coleen even more irritating than usual?
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I just hear that thatpink jacket thing was Keiran's outfit?!?!?! :eek:
    Haha, I saw it and was like :eek::eek::eek::eek:

They're going to look very special, I think... :p

Colleen was back to her worst this week. All the studio segment were really rubbish, to be honest - even Ben seemed a bit crap compared to usual.

And Gary's 'acting'... :eek: :D No wonder he struggles on ice, he's bad enough on solid ground!
  • PastaPasta Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't this at least Gary's third time on the sofa, to Kieron's one appearance?
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pasta wrote: »

Certainly feels like it, Kieron is generally coming over as quite funny in the bits they showed of him I find him likeable.

Generally the programme is utter garbage, Coleen always makes plenty of me me me comments and I am wondering why I watch?:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    What happens on Dancing on Ice Friday? EastEnders is on at the same time so I don't watch.
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happens on Dancing on Ice Friday? EastEnders is on at the same time so I don't watch.
    Watch it on the ITV Player, and you'll find out. :) Just be prepared to fast-forward through most of it... :p
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess this is down to Hollyoaks commitments. Same with Ricky W on Strictly & I think this affected his popularity on the show in the end.

Also looks like Brianne is not in the pro routine as from what I saw on the training clips it's Fred & Mel, Alex & Luk, Matthew & Maria and Dan & Frankie.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else watching this tripe with me? ;)

Showed Mikey's fall yet again despite us seeing it more times than his routine now.

Yay for Robin though.

To be fair they tend to show everyone's falls about a trillion times! Remember Pam with David S? They showed that clip quite recently, though I can't remember the context.

Sometimes I think it would be better if they stopped showing all training/falling/behind the scenes etc., VTs, as they're very repetitive and boring, and just showed the skating.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That will be because of Hollyoaks......the Hollyoaks actor on Strictly this year was hardly ever seen on the weekday strictly show because of filming comittments in Liverpool.
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point in getting Robin on then asking him like one question?

Then Ben spent ages talking rubbish about Gary's required element last week, seemingly grilling him firstly for not putting enough effort into it, then forgetting why he was attacking him and switching it round to focusing on the required element at the expense of the routine.

Also really pisses me off both on the Friday show and the Sunday show when they show a routine during the credits ITV cover it up just to advertise the website, which is already on screen anyway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it. What a waste of time having Robin there!
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love DOI but I cannot watch this rubbish! The quality is just too low. :mad:
  • PastaPasta Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That will be because of Hollyoaks......the Hollyoaks actor on Strictly this year was hardly ever seen on the weekday strictly show because of filming comittments in Liverpool.

Would these commitments really stop him getting to London for mid-Friday evening every week bar one?