The Whoonie Inn (Part 24 - Spoiler Free Zone)

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely menu Nebo, but I#m not really the landlady:o. Maybe Hammy could step in, you and her make a lovely pair:p:D

Anyway, thanks Hammy for posting the drinks etc. (so pleased to see the Shutekh drink, my little monster would be so pleased.

However, he is still enjoying his pact with the devil and at the moment, he is haggling about my soul.:D

Nebo, good change, do you mind if I put a picture of Colin Baker up??? I might have to add him to the drool wall

Listen Missy,we will have no stepping in,you are the Landlady;):D
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Nebo, are you quite sure that picture of Pertwee strikes the right tone? :confused:

Hmm...the idea was to subliminally suggest to punters that they ask for a large one. But you're right. This is a famously high class hostelry *pulls curtain across drool wall*

I'll swap it with [URL=" https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uoh0ijIdI4o/Tkrz_d_ZpEI/AAAAAAAABfE/5AhqLdcI0vg/Jon%2520Pertwee%2520January%25201970.jpg"] this one[/URL] subliminally suggesting that it's a female friendly kind of boozer.
    Forum Member
    **puts out bowls of complimentary vegan "pork"* scratchings.**

* pork skin style substitute. Actually baked carpet backing with plenty of salt
    Forum Member
    Oh right - so Lach's chained to me for the foreseeable? Oh well. We all have our crosses to bear.

*waits to see how long it takes Lach to post 3000 posts bringing tenure to end*
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Oh right - so Lach's chained to me for the foreseeable? Oh well. We all have our crosses to bear.

*waits to see how long it takes Lach to post 3000 posts bringing tenure to end*

Well this is the first one:D.

You are the real landlord, yours is the first:). I will be your sidekick, and Hammy is here to serve everyone what they want:D.
  • HallamsteriscooHallamsteriscoo Posts: 21,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is the first one:D.

You are the real landlord, yours is the first:). I will be your sidekick, and Hammy is here to serve everyone what they want:D.

You called? :D

Morning All, hope you're all well on this soggy Sunday :D
    Forum Member
    Thanks Lach. I'm sure we'll muddle through. Especially with excellent staff such as Hammy and Coal Hill - who can conjugate the cocktails in Latin like a sort of erudite Tom Cruise.

In keeping with the high class tone I always adopt I'm thinking of renaming the Drool Wall the The Pulchritudinous Picture Wall. (the locals will no doubt retain the original as a colloquial).

As indicated by my tasteful Pertwee and felafally balls I'm aiming for a touch of class. I've come to pity poor Outside dashing the short distance from carriage to door, head bowed and cape raised as if to be seen here is below the salt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Morning its like the end of the world up here. Is it May next week. It's blowing a gale and dark and rainy. Rumpole is hugging the fire to warm is fur. Got to go to Tesco's as well - urgh.
    Forum Member
    Monring Hammy. It's blowing a gale here (my barstool). Really severe all through the night.

edit: hi Tumpy. snap about the weather. Have you tried supermarket delivery? We find the delivery charge is offset by petrol saving. or free when spending a fortune
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Lach. I'm sure we'll muddle through. Especially with excellent staff such as Hammy and Coal Hill - who can conjugate the cocktails in Latin like a sort of erudite Tom Cruise.

In keeping with the high class tone I always adopt I'm thinking of renaming the Drool Wall the The Pulchritudinous Picture Wall. (the locals will no doubt retain the original as a colloquial).

As indicated by my tasteful Pertwee and felafally balls I'm aiming for a touch of class. I've come to pity poor Outside dashing the short distance from carriage to door, head bowed and cape raised as if to be seen here is below the salt.

Oh I say this all sounds a bit la di dah! You'll be wanting to remove the spittoons and putting carpet on the floors next! :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    Morning its like the end of the world up here. Is it May next week. It's blowing a gale and dark and rainy. Rumpole is hugging the fire to warm is fur. Got to go to Tesco's as well - urgh.

I don't blame Rumpole one bit, the furthest I'm hoping to go today is from the sofa to the kitchen and back again :D
    Monring Hammy. It's blowing a gale here (my barstool). Really severe all through the night.

Oh dear, someone should have warned you that sprout curry is not a good idea for supper *passes Nebo a stomach settler*
    Forum Member
    Carpet is pushing it a bit. I'm pretentious, not tasteful. Some pubs round my way have ponced themselves out of all recognition. So I'll try not to make that mistake. But perhaps keep things from sliding to "The Dog and Handgun" levels. What me and my friend call "Didnt you kill my brother?" pubs. :D
    Forum Member
    *crosses sprout curry off the specials board*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carpet is pushing it a bit. I'm pretentious, not tasteful. Some pubs round my way have ponced themselves out of all recognition. So I'll try not to make that mistake. But perhaps keep things from sliding to "The Dog and Handgun" levels. What me and my friend call "Didnt you kill my brother?" pubs. :D

hahahaha, I call pubs like that "The Slaughtered Lamb" which only makes sense if you've seen American Werewolf in London :D
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I say this all sounds a bit la di dah! You'll be wanting to remove the spittoons and putting carpet on the floors next! :eek::D

What will become of the Naughty Step? :eek:
    Forum Member
    What will become of the Naughty Step? :eek:

You mean The Rambunctious Remedial Rest?
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean The Rambunctious Remedial Rest?

Forgive me if I do this.....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D
    Forum Member
    Forgive me if I do this.....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D

A touch too Hyacinth Bucket m'dear?

Ok. Good old fashioned Drooling and Naughtiness it is then.

*tosses thesaurus on fire.*
    Forum Member
    *drools naughtily*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member

edit: hi Tumpy. snap about the weather. Have you tried supermarket delivery? We find the delivery charge is offset by petrol saving. or free when spending a fortune

Ahh I do get delivery except today is what I forgot to order yesterday. Obviously brain malfunctioned Thursday and I forgot my Mum drinks skimmed milk.
    Spent 10 mins hoping rain would stop to get out of the car - it didn't.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just ask the new Landlord/Landlady team, do I have to continue dusting in the nude? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just ask the new Landlord/Landlady team, do I have to continue dusting in the nude? :o

:eek: I kill outside

**realises that non-existent profits have gone up by 500%, and that more customers are frequenting the Inn**

:oMaybe for a little while longer:D

I actually forgot about the naughty step:cool:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: I kill outside

**realises that non-existent profits have gone up by 500%, and that more customers are frequenting the Inn**

:oMaybe for a little while longer:D

I actually forgot about the naughty step:cool:.

Go on then, as its you :cool::D

*strips off and starts dusting*

Perhaps Outside should spend some time on the naughty step :D

*flicks duster over optics*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go on then, as its you :cool::D

*strips off and starts dusting*

Perhaps Outside should spend some time on the naughty step :D

*flicks duster over optics*

I think he should, with his Pimms and his cucumber:D.

Anyway nobody does naked dusting like yourself:cool:.

Maybe we should have a nude day in the Inn. Customers can be provided with a palm leaf if necessary:D.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's raining here too, I hope it stops because I have an interview tomorrow and want to look smart, not turn up wearing a raincoat! :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.