Caitlyn Jenner for DWTS

Nicky_GardenovNicky_Gardenov Posts: 807
Forum Member
✭✭
I really want to see Caitlyn on dancing with the stars.

really nice woman she has become from Bruce to this stunning lady.

Comments

• StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Is she a dancer though? If she is, I might be happy seeing her as a guest judge but I genuinely don't have a clue who she is.
  • Nicky_GardenovNicky_Gardenov Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she a dancer though? If she is, I might be happy seeing her as a guest judge but I genuinely don't have a clue who she is.

formerly known as Bruce Jenner
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member

....really?!
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    ....really?!

No, seriously I haven't a clue who she is.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Google Bruce Jenner and then read his Wikipedia entry. He had a set of procedures to change his gender and now claims to be a woman with new name Caitlyn. I'm not sure he's had the "bottom" surgery, as they call it (having dangly bits cut off.)

I think Strictly should have him on and Ian called back into action. Bruce was well over 6 feet - well, sorry - Caitlyn is well over 6 feet and then you add heels and she'd be enormous. I don't think DWTS' Keo is as tall as Ian but he's the tallest they have so I suppose he'd get her. This could be the thing that finally makes Keo catch on as a pro?

ETA She's only 6'2" so easy-peasy for Ian (or Keo.) I looked up that info for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caitlyn_Jenner
    Forum Member
    No, seriously I haven't a clue who she is.

She's the most famous transgender public figure around and has been in the news-of-sorts non-stop since June. She's on the Digital Spy home page right now, as a matter of fact. I'm really not sure how you haven't heard of her whatsoever.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's the most famous transgender public figure around and has been in the news-of-sorts non-stop since June. She's on the Digital Spy home page right now, as a matter of fact. I'm really not sure how you haven't heard of her whatsoever.

To be fair to the op, if I didn't skulk around the Daily Mail sidebar of shame (in disguise obvs - wouldn't want anyone to know), then I too wouldn't know about Caitlyn. Or have a clue about any of the Kartrashian clan and a host of other talentless nomarks. It's frankly knowledge I'd love to unknow. Stay clean, StrictlyEastend!

(^^^ not a commentary on Caitlyn's transition, mind. Good luck to her on that. I'm just not very interested in any of them).
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This would involve actually doing something. Kardashians aren't very good at that.
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chas Bono didn't have that great a time on Dancing With the Stars iirc.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Elsa wrote: »
    Just Google Bruce Jenner and then read his Wikipedia entry. He had a set of procedures to change his gender and now claims to be a woman with new name Caitlyn. I'm not sure he's had the "bottom" surgery, as they call it (having dangly bits cut off.)

I think Strictly should have him on and Ian called back into action. Bruce was well over 6 feet - well, sorry - Caitlyn is well over 6 feet and then you add heels and she'd be enormous. I don't think DWTS' Keo is as tall as Ian but he's the tallest they have so I suppose he'd get her. This could be the thing that finally makes Keo catch on as a pro?

ETA She's only 6'2" so easy-peasy for Ian (or Keo.) I looked up that info for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caitlyn_Jenner

I think Caitlyn still has her dangly bits, but I'm not sure. I'm sick of the sight of her to be honest - such a publicity **** and I don't think she is doing transsexuals any favours.

People are being overly PC and militant about correcting others over pronouns, which I find off-putting. It's one thing if someone does it deliberately, but it's easy to make a mistake. Someone on a forum was called "transphobic" for saying that Caitlyn was a father. Well, she is a father (which is a bit of a confusing idea) - no surgery in the world can change that.

Rant over.
  • AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't think of anything worse 😣😣😣😣😣
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    This would involve actually doing something. Kardashians aren't very good at that.

She was an Olympic Gold Medal winning decathlete, I think she's familiar with the idea of hard work.

LOL at the idea of Caitlyn somehow making the show more trashy when it's currently hosting a "Vine Star" who I'm only familiar with because his older brother (also a "Vine star") decided to call AIDS a "disease for ****".
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just read that he she is a dude again :o
  • strictlyliciousstrictlylicious Posts: 2,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    I've just read that he she is a dude again :o

where did you read that Ivan? Do you have a link please? :)
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    I know they said they would have given her one of the best pros on the show who do we think she would have got my guess would have being Derek or Mark
    Forum Member
    Yes, let's give 6'2" Caitlyn to 5'6" Mark, that won't end in calamity.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what Artem would think of Caitlyn as a partner?

Here's a link to an article saying she might want to go back to being a he:

http://starmagazine.com/photos/caitlyn-jenner-sex-change-reverse-bruce/photo/249353/
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,487
    Forum Member

My OH who dislikes all things supposedly celeb (many are not even close) had truly never heard the name Kardashian until it was mentioned on a news programme he watches. He still does not understand why they are famous and despairs of the world.

Back to Caitlin, if he/she wants to do it and the producers want him/her to do it then why not, it seems much of the American TV audience would lap it up.
    They would have to be creative in the dress department though as she has not yet done the deed of alteration down there.
    I'm with Greer and Barry Humphries on this (not the whole comments) it's all about fame, publicity and money, money, money........He can never be a woman, that's all about living in that mind and body for all of your life, not what you look like
    Forum Member
    I think she needs to decide if she is going to remain male or female before she does DWTS so they dont give her the wrong sex partner
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I really want to see Caitlyn on dancing with the stars.

really nice woman she has become from Bruce to this stunning lady.

Nice? She's a total $&@hole. The worst thing to ever happen to the trans culture, ever. A disgrace, who actually PAID people to write glowing articles about how brave and what a hero she was, and give out special awards to.

Bruce was a dick, and that didn't change when Caitlyn came along--it just got boobs and different pronouns.
    Forum Member
    Kromm wrote: »
    Nice? She's a total $&@hole. The worst thing to ever happen to the trans culture, ever. A disgrace, who actually PAID people to write glowing articles about how brave and what a hero she was, and give out special awards to.

Bruce was a dick, and that didn't change when Caitlyn came along--it just got boobs and different pronouns.

yeah she wasted her money IMO
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    The worst thing to ever happen to the trans culture, ever..

Personally I would say it was the murders, the assaults, the systemic public abuse, the increased suicide rates and mental health problems, and the state persecution stretching back through history, but I guess it could be one famewhore, yes.
    Forum Member
    she'd probably be controversial would they have to hire extra security?