XF: Back To Basics 2 - Semi-Final

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    MK1

MK1 I cannot believe how predictable you have been tonight. I`m sorry but come on, what was your mentor thinking? Again the vocals and rapping was good but that is not enough to get throught to the final. I think you are definitely in trouble tonight guys!!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mk1
    It's reassuring to know that your mentor still understands you in the same way we've seen earlier in the competition as this was the most suiting performance you've had in about 3 shows, and I enjoyed it. I was honestly losing my affection for you guys but that was definitely some good improvement I saw in that performance tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    MK1

Guys that was yet another incredible performance. Every week you guys have come out here and despite some ridiculous comments from the other judges, you have come out here every week and never gave into peer pressure and delivered some amazing performances. You have shown a different side to MK1 every week and have always given your all. I hope the public will agree with me and will allow you to continue on your amazing journey in this competition.
    Forum Member
    Pingu are you kidding me. That is possibly the most hypocritcal comment I have seen. You have given some of the most predictable song choices I have seen for aiden and then fro TreyC you say predictable but the best then say to MK1 predictable but ur in trouble. I dont get it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The word predictable is being thrown around tonight but anyways, could MK1 be in trouble later?

Back on stage is the last remaining boy and time after time, he always comes back, it's Aiden Grimshaw!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC7SYUTtGW0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden
    While I liked that song choice, I still think your mentor too the whole 'dark' vibe a bit too far, to the point where I could not relate., and I felt that that whole thing restricted your from singing songs that display your range.. and you sorta fell behind from me that's why that performance wasn't so convincing that you want to get to the final. There wasn't any standout vocals or anything like that, it just stayed on one tone. Again as I said, I liked the song choice, Its just this style of performances I don't buy into.
    Forum Member
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    Pingu are you kidding me. That is possibly the most hypocritcal comment I have seen. You have given some of the most predictable song choices I have seen for aiden and then fro TreyC you say predictable but the best then say to MK1 predictable but ur in trouble. I dont get it

I think treyC has impressed nearly every week but MK1 haven`t and that is why I say they are in trouble and not her!!
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bboy1988 wrote: »

I have to agree with this Pingu, you're not very strong with Aiden in song choices, yet you criticise others for being too predictable or weak?
    Forum Member
    Aiden

Aiden again for me your mentor chose another really boring version of this song tonight. I am really confused as to what your mentor was hoping to do this week with you. I have said on numerous occasions that as a performer I love watching and listening to you, but tonight I have been left with the bitter taste of disappointment with lacklustre and predictable performances. For me I feel you will really struggle in the votes and could see yourself leaving the competition tonight.
    Forum Member
    Aiden Grimshaw

Aiden!! That was just beautiful. I could watch that time after time. The vocals were incredible and it was like the song was meant for you. It was just like your nothing compares 2 u performance but with so much more emotion and you have grown so much in this competition and you have to be in the final. Please for for the grimshaw!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden Grimshaw
    Aiden, it was great to hear a raw emotional performance like that but unfortunately it didn’t quite work for me. It felt like you were ahead of the music which didn’t seem to sync to the performance at all. It was very disappointing in the first half. You started to correct it in the second have a try to make your voice heard a little more but I still wasn’t convinced for this. I’m worried for you tonight, and I’m unhappy about that because I think you could have done so much better especially considering it was your last chance to prove why you should be in the final and you definitely did not. Best of luck tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's mixed comments for Aiden this time, but could he be in trouble tonight?

Now ready or not, here they come once more, it's Little Mix!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPKG1-3LXBs
    [Perrie]
    H-Hey H-Hey
    H-H-Hey (H-Hey)
    Oooooooooooooo

I'm the kinda girl who doesn't say a word,
    Who sits at the curb and waits for the world
    But I'm about to break out, about to break out
    I'm like a crook tonight

[Jade]

I caught you staring at me and I was thinking clearly
    And now I'm like a bee and I'm huntin' for the honey
    And I'm kinda shy but you're super fly yeah I could be your kryptonite

[Leigh-Anne]
    Like ohh ohh ohh
    Light my heart up baby like a matchstick
    Ohh ohh ohh
    And hit the gas quick

[All]
    Ready or not
    Here I come
    Where you at?
    The night is young
    In the crowd the music's loud but I will find you
    Ready or not
    Here I come
    I like your face
    Do you like my song?
    Just sing it la la la la la la and I'll find you
    Ready or not
    Ready or not

[Jessy]
    Hello our name is... (Little Mix)
    Nice to meet you
    I think you're famous
    Where have I seen you?
    You'll be my William, I'll be your Kate
    Livin' like a fairytale
    We could have a palace right next to Oprah
    37 cars and a yacht down in Boca
    Take me away wherever you say
    Yeah we could be setting sail

[Perrie]
    Like ohh ohh ohh
    Light my heart up baby like a matchstick
    Ohh ohh ohh
    And hit the gas quick

[All]
    Ready or not
    Here I come
    Where you at?
    The night is young
    Ready or not
    Here I come
    I like your face
    Do you like my song?
    Ready or not
    Ready or not, not

[Leigh-Anne]
    Ready or not here I come here I come
    You're like a breath of fresh air in my lungs
    You and me dance from the night to the dawn
    Ready or not here I come boy it's on

[Jessy]
    Ready or not here I come here I come
    You're like a breath of fresh air in my lungs
    You and me dance from the night to the dawn
    Ready or not here I come boy it's on

[All]
    Ready or not
    Here I come
    Where you at?
    The night is young
    Ready or not
    Here I come
    I like your face
    Do you like my song?

Ready or not (you're like a breath of fresh air in my lungs)
    Ready or not (here I come, oh)
    Ready or not
    Ready or not
    Ready or not
    Ready or not
    Boombada Boombada Boombada
    Ready or not!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix
    Er, I thought that was a stroke of genius from your mentor on that song choice, credit where its due. You took an old song and modernized it to suit your urban image and it completely suited you girls down to a tee. You're definitely a contender to be in the final so good luck tonight.
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

Girls I thought it was miles better than your other performance but it was stilll quite karaoke. It was nice but it was like the other performance something that should have been near the beginning of the competition, not at the semi final. The vocals were good and I hop the public remembers you for your other performances. For the first time I`m worried for you. Good luck in the voting!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix
    Girls, that was a very positive performance but again you went for something that would be generically applied to a girl group. I wish you just came out and did something that would really blow us away like DNA but it really showed more of your weaknesses than your strengths. The only thing it showed off was that you can sing teen pop songs well. I get you guys are young but you should have done something more mature to show the voters why you should be in the final and you could have taken the theme to heart more. You didn’t exactly go for broke. Sorry girls, but this hasn’t been my favourite week at all for you.
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

Girls all I can do is applaud you tonight. Yet again you have shown another incredible side to your talents. I only noticed a comment that Kuda made last week about your performance, and tonight we didn’t use Leanne rapping or Jessy beatboxing as the girls are definitely not a one trick pony. I feel that if a group has something that they can do to show something different why not develop it and show the public. It doesn’t make the group predicatble in fact it does the complete opposite and makes the group young, fresh and original. Girls I hope the public allow you and MK1 to progress onto the final as I feel both groups deserve their place in the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's better comments for the girls, but have they done enough to earn a place in the final?

Our final performance comes from this girl and she is here, it's Treyc Cohen!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDUjA0fN4o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treyc
    *Standing Ovation*
    If there's anyone who can handle a dynamic ballad by Beyoncé in this competition, it'd be you Treyc. and I think you just proved that there. The lyrics were meaningful, the vocals WOW, they were on a different league.. and when it comes to the power in your voice after that keys change, I literally have no words. You were a beast on that stage. I need you in that final, so please VOTE TREYC!
    Forum Member
    TreyC Cohen

TreyC that was simply amazing. I have tears down my face because of how much emotion you put into the song. The power and strength you have in your voice is incredible. This has to put you into the final because you have had a great night tonight. That has to be the best performance you have ever given and I am now a fully fledged fan of you. At the beginning of the competition I didn`t like your performances but now I`m in love with them.
    Forum Member
    TreyC

Again tonight TreyC your mentor has went extremely predictable and obvious with his choice of artist for you to cover. I mean we all know already that you can sing a Beyonce song as you sang her version of Ave Maria at judges houses when you were on the show, so tonight I feel your mentor has sort of let you down with the song choice and has put you in a lotta trouble tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treyc Cohen
    Treyc, if I’ve learned one thing, it’s that no-one should ever cover Beyoncé ever. Until you did that performance I would have said the same thing to you but that was fantastic! I had chills listening to your voice, it was almost haunting in a sense. You my lovely will go very, very far and I hope you make the Final because you will have been robbed if you are sent home tonight. I’ve loved you from very early in the competition and I’m glad you got a chance to get this far and rise above more noteworthy voices and you really proved yourself as a successful artist! Great job tonight and I’ll definitely be voting to save you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a way to close the show from Treyc, it seems that the audience were loving it as well.

So that's it ladies and gentleman, our final four have sung twice and they can do no more
    because it's time for you to have your say meaning that the lines are now OPEN!

Here is a reminder of all of tonight's performances:

What's Your Name

MK1 - Best Behaviour (by N-Dubz)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n85vK5Ozns

Aiden Grimshaw - Shift (by Grizzly bear) [Faits Divers Acoustic Cover]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm3aG-HJInw

Little Mix - Beat of My Drum (by Nicola Roberts)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_BG3n1q5KU

TreyC Cohen - Killing Me Softly (by The Fugees)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOtzIo-uYw
    Note: Imagine it sped up a little

Go For Broke

MK1 - Remedy (by Professor Green ft. Ruth Anne)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o38QCTzWxe4

Aiden Grimshaw - Time After Time (by Cyndi Lauper) [Ace Le Cover]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC7SYUTtGW0

Little Mix - Ready or Not (by Bridgit Mendler)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPKG1-3LXBs

TreyC Cohen - I Was Here (by Beyoncé)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDUjA0fN4o

So viewers, your votes are far more crucial than ever tonight so if you want to, send me your overall rankings of 4-1 to me. Judges can vote and they can vote for their own acts. The lines will close at 8pm which means that you have 1 hour and 15 minutes to vote...and I hope to get viewers votes this time. Remember, there is no sing-off and one act must face the agony of leaving the competition for good this close to the final. In the meantime, feel free to talk about tonight's very close Semi-Final.
    Forum Member
    You already have my votes don`t you steve? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My votes should be at the bottom of the comments I sent in Steve, I'll see you all back soon for the results :D
    Forum Member
    I would just like to say something about aidens performances. On the first song I was trying to create the haunting feeling, and on the second performance I wasnt trying to make it haunting and I was just trying to make it emotional!! :)