Options

Watch: RIHANNA Breaks Silence On Chris Brown Incident (Big US Interview)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
Forum Member
http://thatgrapejuice.net/2009/11/watch-rihanna-good-morning-america/

I feel really bad for her....that is until I realise how much she'll cash in on it all. Turn a bad situation good, eh?

Comments

• Options
    caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coincidence: hasn't opened her mouth all year, soon as her albums coming out...'oh i think i'll speak out about it'.
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's doing only one thorough interview, first, before she goes on promo tour, so other interviewers don't twist her words.

No different to Kylie talking about her breast cancer to Ellen before the US release of X.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't like the fact that its being used as publicity and if that was the case with Kylie i don't agree with that either. These are two extremely serious things and for them to be used as publicity tools is not right.
    Why couldn't this have been talked about a few months back, that one interview could have been any other time what i don't like is that its happening now all of a sudden she has a cd to promote.
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is doing the interview because he has been doing one nearly every week saying it wasn't all his fault and he didn't know what he was doing. She has kept silent and has probably got pis$ed off with him going on all these different shows talking about it. It has come back and bit him on the butt. I hope she rips him apart in the interview. Funny how us women always turn on are own. Never fails to amaze me.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    She is doing the interview because he has been doing one nearly every week saying it wasn't all his fault and he didn't know what he was doing. She has kept silent and has probably got pis$ed off with him going on all these different shows talking about it. It has come back and bit him on the butt. I hope she rips him apart in the interview. Funny how us women always turn on are own. Never fails to amaze me.:rolleyes:

Excuse me, i am not turning on anyone. She had her chance to reply to his bad mouthing months ago and she didn't. She chose to bite back when she had an album to promote which i do not agree with.

How dare you insinuate that i am turning on someone who has went through a traumatic experience that i wholeheartedly am against. It is not a case of turning on her its a case of not agreeing with the fact that she couldn't do this interview a few months back...it happens now all of a sudden when there's an album to promote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    We could be cynical about it and put it down to promotion. However maybe just she wasn't ready to talk about it all those months ago. I'm sure it was a very traumatic experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caren197 wrote: »
    Excuse me, i am not turning on anyone. She had her chance to reply to his bad mouthing months ago and she didn't. She chose to bite back when she had an album to promote which i do not agree with.

How dare you insinuate that i am turning on someone who has went through a traumatic experience that i wholeheartedly am against. It is not a case of turning on her its a case of not agreeing with the fact that she couldn't do this interview a few months back...it happens now all of a sudden when there's an album to promote.

How do you know she is doing it to plug her album?.
    Do you know her? You are just making assumptions. I bet some of you don't go on the endless Peter Andre threads and say the same thing about him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So its purely coincidental that she's ready to talk now an album is coming out. Lol i'd rather be cynical than naive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caren197 wrote: »
    So its purely coincidental that she's ready to talk now an album is coming out. Lol i'd rather be cynical than naive.

Rihanna is a huge star all she would to have to do is go on Jay Leno, Tyra Banks and David Letterman to plug her album. It would be much easier. They way you are talking you would think she doesn't have any feelings. It is dramatic thing to go through is domestic violence. Have you ever thought she might be doing some good with this interview for women who are still in abusive relationships but are afraid to get out of them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is already a thread about this you could've added to. Some posters saw this coming before the interview was done and I simply have a total lack of respect for her at this point. She wants to make sure her new CD sells and I don't see much of anything else here. I felt incredibly sorry for her when it all happened but then I also questioned if that was truly the first time or the first time we heard about it. I saw her on TV say "we loved each other so much, we could've killed each other." WOW, what a spin to put on someone beating your face in!

She claims she left him because of some other poor girl getting beaten by her boyfriend? But if this incident was never made public, she would still probably be there and for some reason, due to the timing of this interview, I doubt she is sincere at all. She also claims she did nothing to deserve it, that's only true to an extent. She dated and stayed with a man who had to have shown this side to her previously, so if you stay with an abuser and get beat again, then I do believe you have contributed to your own bad situation. I am not suggesting she deserved it or any woman deserves it but you have a duty or obligation to yourself and those that love you to leave someone if they show you this side once! So this was the first time he showed her this side of himself? Doubtful.

But now it was public and she was humiliated, end of story:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    Rihanna is a huge star all she would to have to do is go on Jay Leno, Tyra Banks and David Letterman to pug her album. It would be much easier. They way you are talking you would think she doesn't have any feelings. It is dramatic thing to through is domestic violence. Have you ever thought she might be doing some good with this interview for women who are still in abusive relationships but are afraid to get out of them?

I am all for her doing interviews to help women out, believe me i have experienced what it is like living with someone experiencing domestic violence in one of the worst forms and i firmly believe that a lot more women should talk about it.

I am not for a second going to give her a pat on the back for doing it now when all of a sudden she has an album out. I would have thought a lot more of her if this had been done and then said she would be releasing an album. At least then she wouldn't have been using it as a shameless plug for her album and whether you think it or not this is what i believe it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it is just for publicity and promotion, like she said, it happened to her, not us. If she wants to make a positive out of the bad that's her choice and shouldn't be judged for it.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Even if it is just for publicity and promotion, like she said, it happened to her, not us. If she wants to make a positive out of the bad that's her choice and shouldn't be judged for it.

Completely agree.
  • Options
    therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Said she wouldn't speak about it and album set to come out. Piss off pineapple head.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you have an album out you have to do lots of interviews to promote it. It's in your contract. If she knows she is going to have to do these interviews she might decide to just get it all done in the beginning rather then being constantly asked about it in every single interview she does.

I'm with Lynxsolider it was an absolutely awful thing to have happened to her and she should be allowed to deal with it and talk about it how and when she feels fit. I'm not going to judge her over this.
  • Options
    FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    Erm would love to check it out but the site keeps crashing my laptop ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    Before I click on the link, is this the full interview of clips of it?
  • Options
    LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    ^^ just a clip of it.
  • Options
    delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are people really this stupid?! :mad: Maybe she never wanted to talk about it EVER, but she was always gonna carry on her career, so can you imagine the endless questions she would get about it while she was promoting?? :rolleyes: There was always gonna be a tell all one-off interview, so after she wouldnt speak of it again and be in her right never to have to! :mad: Diane is lucky she got the gig, bet Barbara was pissed! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delectable wrote: »
    Are people really this stupid?! :mad: Maybe she never wanted to talk about it EVER, but she was always gonna carry on her career, so can you imagine the endless questions she would get about it while she was promoting?? :rolleyes: There was always gonna be a tell all one-off interview, so after she wouldnt speak of it again and be in her right never to have to! :mad: Diane is lucky she got the gig, bet Barbara was pissed! :D

If she never talked about it thats her prerogative, there are ways around npt being asked about certain things in interviews so i don't buy that at all.
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's doing her interview with ABC-frikkin'-News. If she wanted to really capitalise on publicity for Rated-R, she'd go to E!, ET or TMZ.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the clip now...I thought it was bad what happened to her...at the end of the day I'm a fan of Rihanna and Chris Brown's music, so I don't get people who are not too happy with people supporting CB's music because it's one thing to be a fan of someone and to be a fan of their music...what CB did was very wrong but that doesn't take away the fact he's a good singer/dancer...I do not condone violence at all...

one thing I found difficult to understand was the reason why she left him...because someone else would have been killed as a result of this if she stayed with him and he didnt touch her again...What sane man would want to lay his finger on another woman because CB did it and Rihanna got back with him again...That's like saying if someone asked to jump off a cliff would you do it...so I found that hard to believe...I agree with caren197 she could have got round it somehow...I mean whats a PR team for?...anyway she seemed very uncomfortable talking about it...xo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone has an album to flog. ? Heard it is terribly under par at that.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ, is she still going on about this?? The guy did wrong - and paid. His career is ruined. Now I wish she'd jut shut the hell up about it. No-one gives a shit anymore :mad:
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Rihanna has not spoken out about the incident before so take back what you said about the poor girl.