The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Canada AM lady says 15th of March as the appearance date of the twins: https://twitter.com/tdaenzer/status/308013533608697856

If it's true what's been said that the twins fly tomorrow to Canada, I wonder what they'll do until then. NML people haven't said anything yet

Could Canada AM be recorded instead of live?
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Could Canada AM be recorded instead of live?

It could be, but the producer is also talking about having a studio audience, which suggests the filming would be on the 15th.

Yeah, it's odd timing, especially with the Jeds rumoured to be attending the final of Melodifestivalen next weekend. That's a lot of transatlantic flights!
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love how the dudes in the Eurovision forum can't believe it was live. It shows 1) the twins did a great job 2) maybe they don't know about music as much as they think. Oops :D

They make me laugh, bless them.
    The twins can keep that up for a 2 hour concert! They are THAT fit and THAT good.

I can't even be bothered to invade their thread to comment.
    I quite liked the cookie n beans song, terrible name for a group though.

Watching melfest did make me wish BBC would turn their efforts to find a Eurovision entry into some reality TV show competition. They might accidentally find someone really good and enthusiastic instead of press ganging some reality TV popstar from yesteryear for a last hurrah!

Somehow catching train to Stockholm and popping into recording studio for a bit of maybe a 30 promo snippet for Young Love instead of flying to Canada would make sense. But that's never been a prevailing influence on Planet Jedward.
    Maybe back to LA for a bit?
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just found a backstage interview where they said they wouldn't be able to attend the Melodifestivalen grand final as they'll be in Canada. Ok, that makes sense.

There's also an interesting bit where the interviewer asks them about their plans for Eurovision and John seems to be hinting at something he's not allowed to talk about. I've always assumed if they were doing something for Eurovision, it would be for Ireland/RTE, but what if they'll be working for the main Eurovision organisers instead? Hmm...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/noje/musik/schlager/article16344995.ab
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever they're doing I hope Edward can get some more sleep! Having to have eyedrops put in to mask how tired you are looking is not good :(
  • AgeOfParanoiaAgeOfParanoia Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just found a backstage interview where they said they wouldn't be able to attend the Melodifestivalen grand final as they'll be in Canada. Ok, that makes sense.

There's also an interesting bit where the interviewer asks them about their plans for Eurovision and John seems to be hinting at something he's not allowed to talk about. I've always assumed if they were doing something for Eurovision, it would be for Ireland/RTE, but what if they'll be working for the main Eurovision organisers instead? Hmm...

Very interesting. It was obvious that they were going to be 'up to something' just from the expression on John's face, before he didn't even say anything !!;):p:)
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pity, I hoped they would spend a bit more time in Sweden &record there some other songs for their 4th album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting. It was obvious that they were going to be 'up to something' just from the expression on John's face, before he didn't even say anything !!;):p:)
    hahaha exactly. I hope there's really something for them in the pipeline. Maybe svt hires them as backstage reporters, how could would that be? :cool:
    Schehera wrote: »
    pity, I hoped they would spend a bit more time in Sweden &record there some other songs for their 4th album
    They can come back later. For recording songs you need a studio, a producer, a studio team, etc. Maybe all those things aren't available right now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »

A Swedish fan who has spent some time with them today says they are going to return to Sweden to record songs - not sure when though.
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any sign of a uk tour? i miss them :(
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could well be for Swedish TV (SVT) as they seem to be doing a lot for them this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PopRocket wrote: »

Nothing announced yet, but I think they have said details of a summer tour will be coming very soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the duel it was totally live it was brill

I Want some answers to these questions

When will tours be announced both across europe .uk tour, Asia tour

As when asked they change the subject like in the Swedish interview the interviewer even said you always say you will tour but never do

John even said it's difficult to sort out they are many people them changed the subject

Louis needs to sort this out hire a tour manager momma jedward can't manage it all alone

And a small thing like a record label

The demand is clearly still there they got a huge raw when they came on stage last night
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PopRocket wrote: »

I think that's a common feeling amongst the 'fandom'.

Hopefully some announcements soon but isn't it frustrating. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article16347841.ab

Nice article that says that "hundreds of fans" were waiting for the twins at Stockholm Train Station making it difficult for the other passengers to leave the train. It also says that the atmosphere was very nice and that the twins spent more than half and hour taking pics and signing autographs for the fans :)
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    Hopefully some announcements soon but isn't it frustrating. :p
    More frustrating is knowing that they're not going to step in your country anytime soon :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've loved all the stuff they've been doing in Sweden. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article16347841.ab

Nice article that says that "hundreds of fans" were waiting for the twins at Stockholm Train Station making it difficult for the other passengers to leave the train. It also says that the atmosphere was very nice and that the twins spent more than half and hour taking pics and signing autographs for the fans :)

More frustrating is knowing that they're not going to step in your country anytime soon :rolleyes:

Yes that must be horrible. :( #remembertocountblessings :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that must be horrible. :( #remembertocountblessings :o:D
    Well it has a positive side too. I don't care if they're in Dublin, L.A., Singapore or Canada, because it feels the same for me :p The only change is the timezone.

I prefer when they're in a place that brings us good things, like this weekend in Sweden. How many websites/newspapers/tv channels have talked about them, my God!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it has a positive side too. I don't care if they're in Dublin, L.A., Singapore or Canada, because it feels the same for me :p The only change is the timezone.

I prefer when they're in a place that brings us good things, like this weekend in Sweden. How many websites/newspapers/tv channels have talked about them, my God!

I feel just the same, even though I'm in the UK, as I can't really go to see them (unless they come to somewhere very close to where I live).

The downside of them going to L.A. for us is that we get very little info - not even many sightings from randomers as most people don't know who they are. Also the boys seem to go quieter than usual on twitter when they are there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    I feel just the same, even though I'm in the UK, as I can't really go to see them (unless they come to somewhere very close to where I live).

The downside of them going to L.A. for us is that we get very little info - not even many sightings from randomers as most people don't know who they are. Also the boys seem to go quieter than usual on twitter when they are there.

In la it's Tara getting papped for the sake of it they never got papped before Tara I don't what her diluting brand jedward as they joust to get photographed only when working

I not hating on her I don't mind her tbh but just all these set up pap shots enough is enough this weekends shows how popular they are they will not get USA fame off Tara.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In la it's Tara getting papped for the sake of it they never got papped before Tara I don't what her diluting brand jedward as they joust to get photographed only when working

I not hating on her I don't mind her tbh but just all these set up pap shots enough is enough this weekends shows how popular they are they will not get USA fame off Tara.

They must think it's a good idea to be papped with Tara, as they go out with her to high profile restaurants and clubs where the paps hang out. I suppose they think it's raising their profile over there, and that there is "no such thing as bad publicity".

I've seen it said on twitter etc that Americans have been leaving negative comments about them on the sites with the papped photos, but I haven't seen anything that bad. Does anyone know which ones they mean?
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they think that someone who works in the business will give them work in USA because they are papped so many times&this shows that they are not unpopular(papp me &give me attention, so that this can lead to showbusiness-work)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really mind which country are they in either but it is odd that when in LA there is almost twitter silence. Mind you, I think their presence on twitter has lessened considerably since last October. I don't know why and of course it's up to them but it could potentially damage their connection with fans. At least that's what seems to be said on tumblr/twitter and I don't disagree.

I'd certainly rather see less shopping photos tbh, although then I guess we wouldn't see any photos from LA so perhaps I'd better be careful what I wish for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone, Sorry to intrude!

As part of my dissertation I am conducting research on what influences the voting behaviour of the viewing public on TV Talent Shows (specifically The X Factor).

I am looking into the influence and power of the show, the press as well as social media.

I would be really grateful if people could complete the short survey on the link below! It will literally only take a couple of minutes and it would be of massive help to me!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KX579TM

**It is of course anonymous and you obviously can back out at any point, but its extremely tame**

Thanks in advance!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really mind which country are they in either but it is odd that when in LA there is almost twitter silence. Mind you, I think their presence on twitter has lessened considerably since last October. I don't know why and of course it's up to them but it could potentially damage their connection with fans. At least that's what seems to be said on tumblr/twitter and I don't disagree.
    If they read the things you can read almost daily on Twitter, I'm not surprised they use it less and less. What we can't do is harass them to use it, like in the 1st day in Sweden, we had seen pics of them, videos of them, they had meet the fans, but still you could read a lot of "please tweet us to know that you're ok" Jesus.

They need their space, and to take their time to whatever they want to do. I prefer not tweets at all, that having uninspired tweets because everybody is asking them to.

I kinda agree about the L.A. thing though. We know they're doing professional stuff over there, stuff they probably can't talk about yet, but if just pics of them shopping or having dinner pop up, people mistakenly will think it's the only thing they are doing over there.
This discussion has been closed.