What are the best earphones to get for iPod?

Is anyone well up on earphones and know which are the best ones? I have the white ones that came with it but was wondering of there are some even better ones out there?

Comments

• webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are plenty of better ones. As everyone is different. you'll near to hear them for yourself. Find a dealer who stocks Sennheisers and compare them to your ipod ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    its personal choice, try comet.... try it and see
  • JazzyPJazzyP Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have got these

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344022.htm

really good, forget that i have them on sometimes.
  • PhilipSPhilipS Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen1978 wrote: »
    Is anyone well up on earphones and know which are the best ones? I have the white ones that came with it but was wondering of there are some even better ones out there?

I've gone through a few pairs recently looking for something that suits me, and come to the conclusion that it's very much a matter of personal taste - or possibly the physical shape of my ears!

Personally, although I rate Sennheiser very highly for their traditional headphones, I can't get on with their in-ear models.

I prefer the sort that actually fit into your ear canal, usually with a rubber or foam sleeve. They can get a bit yucky with earwax, but the sound isolation is *much* better. Of those, the best I've found so far without paying silly money are Shure (retail about £40) but it takes a while to get used to how they go in (I was putting them in upside down until I RTFM'd). There's a Sony set at about £25 that aren't bad either.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a pair of Sony in-ear phones a few months ago (they were about £30, so maybe the ones mentioned above) and I find that every step I take, and indeed every move I make, is transmitted into my ears as a thump. Is this normal with in-ear phones? Can anyone recommend some (roughly same price) that don't do this, or some non-in-ear (ie iPod style) ones that sound good?

edit: I also find the Sonys' sound grates on some rock music. I re-ripped one album in the hope that it was the bit rate that was the problem but no good: it's fine through speakers but harsh through the Sony earphones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilipS wrote: »
    Personally, although I rate Sennheiser very highly for their traditional headphones, I can't get on with their in-ear models.

I prefer the sort that actually fit into your ear canal, usually with a rubber or foam sleeve.

Sennheizer make these now too, I have some, they are brilliant.

Not sure if these are the same model as the pair I have (that phrase just looks plain wrong... Singular model with pair), however:
    http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=42T1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Hi hello the best headphones to get are as foloews
    dt bayer 100 headphones .I like usesing them .From simon astrop
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need these
    http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/icm.nsf/root/products_sennheiser_headphones_portable_mxserie_04854

Top Headphones for the cash (rated in Stuff Magazine as No3 in top10)

Get them in richer sounds for £20
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Just stumbled across this thread on a Google search and am amazed how things have moved on since then.

You can do way better than the standard earphones that came supplied with your iPod or other MP3 player. Check out this top 10 best earphones list for some ideas.