Dr Who enemy to return sooner than we think?

2»

Comments

• high_on_candyhigh_on_candy Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love it,ASH is great an d I cannot wait for him to be in it!
  • TopovTopov Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote:
    I've read on a (usually very accurate) website that the following has been seen.
    Word reached me of an FX team working on test footage -morphing an image of the head of the late Antony Ainley (who played The Master in Doctor Who during the nineteen eighties) into the head of... well. Antony Stewart. Head, against a cricketing background. Does this mean that a) it's a stunt, b) they're ignoring Eric Robert's portrayal of The Master in the Paul McGann TV movie or c) Antony Stewart Head will play The Master in the second series of the new Doctor Who?

Do keep in mind ALL the red herrings that the production team put out for the last season . . . but, well, could it be true????

Have you any idea how unlikely this sounds..?
  • Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the Children in Need 3d special? They had William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton's disembodied head swirling around (which were poor representations I might add). That was incredibly tacky. Though I think the current production team have a better sensitivity towards diceased actors.

So...
    If Anthony Stewart Head morph's from the 80s master it was likely test footage or something else. Anthony Ainsley only died recently so it would be in poor taste. It would have been different if he died during the making like Oliver Reed in Gladiator.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure this is just wishful thinking inspired BS...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    I've got a feeling
    The Master
    won't return this series.

RTD did say in one of the Doctor Who Confidentials that if this was to happen he would like to make sure it was done right and that enough time was given to re-introducing what is a key cornerstone of the Doctor Who universe. So, one episode probably won't be enough to do it justice.
  • andyk481andyk481 Posts: 2,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evilfish wrote:
    I've got a feeling
    The Master
    won't return this series.

RTD did say in one of the Doctor Who Confidentials that if this was to happen he would like to make sure it was done right and that enough time was given to re-introducing what is a key cornerstone of the Doctor Who universe. So, one episode probably won't be enough to do it justice.

well that would probably depend on where this ep appears in the series? if it towards the end then the story could have already been built up?

maybe the first clues if this is the case, will appear in the christmas invasion?
  • shaun carmodyshaun carmody Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Can some one tell me how to read the spoilers .As i see there are all blanked out and i'd like to know as what is been said thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can some one tell me how to read the spoilers .As i see there are all blanked out and i'd like to know as what is been said thanks

just click and drag your mouse over them.. as if you were highlighting text in a word doc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    i think ASH would be excellent casting in this role (if it is really who it is rumoured to be)
  • bee.fearbee.fear Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    On a side note can someone tell me whatever happened to Anthony Ainley?
    Unfortunately he died about a year or so ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bee.fear wrote:
    Unfortunately he died about a year or so ago.

A real shame. As someone who was too young to see Mr Delgado the first time round AA was always THE Master in my opinion
  • Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He died in May 2004 (according to the IMDB).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Is it just me who found this character dull? I have no fond memories of any particular "Master" story as being a kid, I probably just wanted more monsters and not some old bloke with a goatie and an inflatable chair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to see ASH in S2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoonix wrote:
    Is it just me who found this character dull? I have no fond memories of any particular "Master" story as being a kid, I probably just wanted more monsters and not some old bloke with a goatie and an inflatable chair.

dull? DULL? try watching petwee's The Daemons.. then tell me if his character was dull!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    andyk481 wrote:
    dull? DULL? try watching petwee's The Daemons.. then tell me if his character was dull!
    Actually, that's the story that always springs to mind for me when someone mentions the Master. Roger Delgado was on top form!

I agree with other posters who think it would be too early to bring the Master back yet (if they decide to bring him back at all.) - there's plenty of other material for them to explore before they go down that route. Although, like the Daleks, I believe the Doctor may discover he's not the only timelord to have survived.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    I was thinking the other day...they could, if they wanted, bring the master in this series without explaining the backstory; the Doctor simply wouldn't recognise him.

You could have Actor X (I actually think Tony Head would make a good, albeit very different, master) playing a character in an Episode...at the end, after the doctor leaves, or while the Doctor is elsewhere, said character pulls appropriately enigmatic expression, then steps into his own TARDIS and disappears.

Enough to leave the audience wondering, and then setting up expectation when he returns later / the following season.

Just a thought...
    VB
  • bee.fearbee.fear Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I was thinking the other day...they could, if they wanted, bring the master in this series without explaining the backstory; the Doctor simply wouldn't recognise him.

You could have Actor X (I actually think Tony Head would make a good, albeit very different, master) playing a character in an Episode...at the end, after the doctor leaves, or while the Doctor is elsewhere, said character pulls appropriately enigmatic expression, then steps into his own TARDIS and disappears.

Enough to leave the audience wondering, and then setting up expectation when he returns later / the following season.

Just a thought...
    VB
    I think that would be quite a good idea actually.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    I second that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems we've given up on spoilers?

I'm not sure if they were needed in the first place as it's all supposition?

Anyways - my thinking is - as has been mentioned before - that to bring him back along with SJS and K9 would be a mistake - too much in one go...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    question: how do we know that the doctor is the last timelord. Remember Rose erased the daleks from time itself, which means that the timelords have never encountered any daleks at all. The doctor himself remembers the daleks because he was at the point of time change. Which means the earlier doctors now do not know of any daleks thus creating a paradox in that a doctor that knows about daleks and an earlier version not knowing. god i think too much....stopping now before paradox develops more paradoxes.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    question: how do we know that the doctor is the last timelord. Remember Rose erased the daleks from time itself, which means that the timelords have never encountered any daleks at all. The doctor himself remembers the daleks because he was at the point of time change. Which means the earlier doctors now do not know of any daleks thus creating a paradox in that a doctor that knows about daleks and an earlier version not knowing. god i think too much....stopping now before paradox develops more paradoxes.

I don't think Rose erased them from time. I got the impression (from what she said as Bad Wolf) that the Daleks' time had been and gone and so she was turning them to dust.

In other words, they did exist (and so everyone will remember them) but were destroyed in the great time war, and she was simply getting rid of all the new Daleks as there shouldn't be any leftovers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I actually think Christopher Lee would play a brilliant Master. He can bring such an air of evil and malice to the table; characteristics which perfectly fit The Master.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    BRITISH FAN SITE http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/ IS NOW SAYING THAT THE "YES" AND "NO" STORY ACTUALLY "YES".

Anthony Head to play
    the Master
    ?
    News dated: 31/8/2005

Despite our recent report that Anthony Stewart Head is reportedly not playing
    The Master
    in the new series of Doctor Who, DWO now believes that he in fact will.

Our reasoning behind this is due to a recent number of reports and rumours sent and spoken directly to us, regarding publicity photos & costume fittings.

Readers of DWO might also remember our premature scoop on Zoe Wannamaker returning to play Cassandra, which has now been confirmed.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    the-editor wrote:
    BRITISH FAN SITE http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/ IS NOW SAYING THAT THE "YES" AND "NO" STORY ACTUALLY "YES".

Anthony Head to play
    the Master
    ?
    News dated: 31/8/2005

Despite our recent report that Anthony Stewart Head is reportedly not playing
    The Master
    in the new series of Doctor Who, DWO now believes that he in fact will.

Cool!

Whoever he plays, I hope he's a returning character. I absolutely love ASH and he would have been my first choice to be the Doctor.

Having him as a regular character - even an enemy - is just going to be fab.