Actors who have gone terminally downhill

1235»

Comments

• David_SteeleDavid_Steele Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Kurt Russell hasn't done much lately. Bill Murray has kind of gone downhill too. It's a shame because I enjoy these two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Kurt Russell hasn't done much lately. Bill Murray has kind of gone downhill too. It's a shame because I enjoy these two.

Kurt Russell is busy playing Elvis :D

and Bill Murray well he's ghostbusting somewhere lol
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    I thought the saint and hollow man were ok,
    Even if they were OK films (and they really weren't :p) her role in them was terrible, she was just there to scream and show flesh and be the one-dimensional love interest.

It was such an awful timeline, coming as they did just after an Oscar nomination.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Is she the one who played martys mum? Also has a nudie scene with Tom cruise in All The Right Moves if that's who I'm thinking of ;)

She had some good parts in the early 80s but disappeared after BTTF :(

No, and no, but sort of. :p

Marty's mum was played by Lea Thompson, Elizabeth Shue played his girlfriend (so spent much of the later two films asleep on a porch).

Lea Thompson was the one in All the Right Moves with Tom Cruise and not Shue.

However Shue was with him in Cocktail. :D
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see your point but De Niro was Oscar nominated last year for Silver Linings Playbook, a movie i thoroughly enjoyed and he was very good in!

Not seen that, might try and buy a DVD on ebay. Last Robert De Niro film i enjoyed was Everybody's Fine, in fact it was the last De Niro film i saw, enjoyed it though.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,973
    Forum Member
    lakes wrote: »
    sigourney weaver........Vamps oh dear

in fact she had not done anything good apart from Aliens

As well as the others mentioned in this thread, I thought she was very good in Copycat.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keanu Reeves, from the heights of Point Break, The Martix, Bill & Ted, Speed, declined through stinkers like Johnny Mnemonic and The Day the Earth Stood Still, to I'm not even sure what the last film he even made was.

Thing is he is like Bill Murray and will only do a film if he wants to or likes the sound of it.
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cbe21ok wrote: »
    Not seen that, might try and buy a DVD on ebay. Last Robert De Niro film i enjoyed was Everybody's Fine, in fact it was the last De Niro film i saw, enjoyed it though.

De Nio was great in that
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gene Wilder.

After 'See no evil, hear no evil' he did mostly TV movies. Maybe it was his choice. I hope so.

Such a naturally funny guy and imo a great actor. He should have been nominated for an Oscar for 'Young Frankenstein'
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Gene Wilder.

After 'See no evil, hear no evil' he did mostly TV movies. Maybe it was his choice. I hope so.

Such a naturally funny guy and imo a great actor. He should have been nominated for an Oscar for 'Young Frankenstein'

Blazing saddles should have got an Oscar!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    This is not quite fair on the actress because she was a model then tried to get into acting but didn't have too many roles.

Kathy Ireland
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001387/

She was in Loaded Weapon 1 and could have gone on to do more acting but she started her own business and had a family and she writes books and does motivational things and exersize stuff as well I think.

Her business rakes in a lot of money so I doubt she misses the acting too much.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sinbad8982 wrote: »
    Kevin Spacey, I wouldn't say the quality of his acting has suffered but considering the films that made him a household name, American Beauty, Seven and L.A confidential. He hasn't made anything particularly noteworthy since.

He was stunning in the recent House of Cards series (not a movie, I appreciate).
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    Any one who thinks De Niro's acting has gone terminal must be in cuckoo land
    he has made some of the greatest movies in History
    he is great at the whole range from Gangsters to Comedys - so a few of his latest movies have not done well at the box office

Bruce Willis has not made anything remotely resembling a half decent film in a lot of years and I dont ever see him hitting the heights again despite his many millions in the bank

Come on. There was a string of films he had that had a lot of people wondering if he had lost it. The early 2000's he basically made crap and crap only: 15 Minutes, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Showtime, Godsend, Shark Tale, Hide & Seek, The Bridge Of San Luis Rey. Horrible, horrible movies.

Sure he's made some much better stuff recently but that doesn't excuse things like: The Big Wedding, Freelancers, New Year's Eve, Stone, What Just Happened and the crappy Focker sequels.
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Come on. There was a string of films he had that had a lot of people wondering if he had lost it. The early 2000's he basically made crap and crap only: 15 Minutes, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Showtime, Godsend, Shark Tale, Hide & Seek, The Bridge Of San Luis Rey. Horrible, horrible movies.

Sure he's made some much better stuff recently but that doesn't excuse things like: The Big Wedding, Freelancers, New Year's Eve, Stone, What Just Happened and the crappy Focker sequels.

so your actually telling me that you think Robert De Niro's acting career is Terminally damaged!!

there is not a single actor in the World who would not cut a toe off to act alongside him

there is not an actor or actress that has ever lived that has made nothing but stellar movies

but the people who think De Niro is finished need to have a rethink
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so your actually telling me that you think Robert De Niro's acting career is Terminally damaged!!

there is not a single actor in the World who would not cut a toe off to act alongside him

there is not an actor or actress that has ever lived that has made nothing but stellar movies

Indeed. Crikey, he's 70! Maybe he's bloody well tired of intense films. I'm sure I read somewhere a few years back that he is really enjoying doing comedies and having a laugh. Can't blame him for that. He has done more than his fair share...I just bumped into Once Upon a Time in America. Talk about intense! :o I certainly don't think anyone could consider his career as being in ruins now just because he's not churning out Raging Bull: the geriatric years...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Johnny Depp
    Nicholas Cage
    Every child star (almost) ever
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member

Wow. Why quote me when you didn't mention a single thing i said. You can stick your fingers in your ears and sing "la la la la la, i am not listening" all you want but face facts, he's made a boatload of crap in the last 2 decades. Is he still one of the best actors going around? Yes, but he has many chinks in his armor nowadays.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how young he was in the 80s you have to wonder what happened to Eddie Murphy in the 90s - he should have owned that decade, pre-Will Smith.

Excellent call.

Eddie was so huge in the 80s, but then he certainly went into terminal decline.

It wasn't so much his acting that was an issue, it was some of the films he did.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin Bacon

I used to like the guy but those fecking mobile phone adverts he's in are beyond awful.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    Kevin Bacon

I used to like the guy but those fecking mobile phone adverts he's in are beyond awful.

Blame Bernie Madoff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Gene Wilder.

I watched a recent interview of his, and it has been his choice. His simply didn't like the scripts he was getting.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Squibbles wrote: »
    I understand she was ill but Emily Lloyd was predicted to be a big named actress and then there is Jane March and Julia Ormond did a couple of big movies in the 1990s.

Ormond has a steady career in US TV- she's been
    in CSI: NY , Law and Order and Mad Men over the
    last few years.

Jane March's only recent film of note was the Clash of The
    Titans remake- otherwise it's been mediocre
    TVMs for her.

A lot of former film actors take roles on TV if the
    film roles ain't coming through- Jeff Goldblum did
    a stint on "Law & Order: Criminal Intent".
  • DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »

Hugh Grant - never an acting great but box office gold for a period. Rarely see him now.

Please God it stays that way.