David Walliams one trick pony

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can't believe he is still don't "I love Simon' in his series, really! Can't we change the tune, so dull now!

Comments

• duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So boring , he does my head in with his act now
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    I used to absolutely loathe David Walliams but it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. He's a diamond bloke and doesn't appear to have a bad bone in his body.

As for the "One Trick Pony" label? He's got a load more than just one trick.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding his 'act' very repetitive and predictable.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I think he's been quite good this year, he seems to have toned the I love Simon thing down a lot. Hope it continues because other than that I do quite like him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i find him tedious tbh. the reality was that little britain was a very good show for series 1-2. then we essentially had the same gags churned out for the rest of the series and everything theyve done since has been lame
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I used to absolutely loathe David Walliams but it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. He's a diamond bloke and doesn't appear to have a bad bone in his body.

As for the "One Trick Pony" label? He's got a load more than just one trick.

Pretending to be gay in BGT, Little Britain, Come fly with me, playing gay Frankie Howard, oh and swimming the Thames.. So what else can he do!!!
  • KillerWatchKillerWatch Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His act is getting tiresome and boring. It's just not funny anymore because he does it ALL the time. He contributes NOTHING to the show and just attention seeks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way he also, claps his hands at the acts, he like a child who wants the attention. And he comments are very limited.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's only there to make Simon look Hetrosexual
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its time that David has to realise that enough is really `Enough` especially as SC is now a family man
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is my first time watching BGT from the beginning, so I can't make a comment on DW as a judge, but I do like him generally, and I have to say that if I was to choose one of them to spend the day with, it would be David. I think when Simon isn't mugging for the camera or doing what is expected of him (being mean), he's probably an alright guy. The two ladies I don't know enough about to comment, although Amanda.. I'm not sure why she's a judge, is she famous for something? :confused:
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    He's only there to make Simon look Hetrosexual

This accuracy.

The best thing he's ever done is write children's novels, which I don't think is much of a help for a TV talent show.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His act is getting tiresome and boring. It's just not funny anymore because he does it ALL the time. He contributes NOTHING to the show and just attention seeks!

Agreed!

... and has he ever been funny on BGT?
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Funny at first, but it really is getting right on my nerves now.
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An absolute pain. Must have a very low opinion of his audience.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think David's quite funny at times. Okay, he's not as funny as he first was when he got made a panelist, but he's still quite funny at times though.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He acts like he is five years old
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Getting bored with his 'me me me' act.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode just show he is there to make the joke acts "funnier" I didn't find it funny him liking the joke acts when he clearly didn't funny whilst the other acts sat there ruling their eyes it happened over and over again. Last year it was a bit funnier as it didn't happen with nearly every joke act it is just so tedious now. I do like David Walliams as a comedian but they've really over done it now especially with him pressing the golden buzzer which is clearly staged as David Walliams does not like the acts either. Last year I liked him but this year ists so tedious and not funny.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    I really like David, but the never ending BGT routine is boring. "Look how camp I am, look at how I'm flirting with Simon cowell. Isn't it funny that I'm coming onto him, because neither of us are gay!"

And the whole trying to piss Simon cowell off thing all the time is ridiculous because Simon clearly loves it!
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's great best judge the show ever had
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    I'm finding his 'act' very repetitive and predictable.
    Never the less he is no where near as boring as Dixon or Cowell
    ecckles wrote: »
    Its time that David has to realise that enough is really `Enough` especially as SC is now a family man

When did he become a family man ?
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without knowing what else he did during the auditions you cannot blame him. The producers of this show edit to an agenda, they "cast" people and really go with it.

If David Walliams did some satire or impressions I really think they wouldn't show it because it wouldn't fit the role they have cast him in.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    Award winning comedian, bgt judge, children's author, charity raiser etc. He's no one trick pony sorry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Award winning comedian, bgt judge, children's author, charity raiser etc. He's no one trick pony sorry.

I will give you the children's author, but Charity! That not a talent or part of his career!, just something he joined in and millions every day do the same, so it is still just pretending to be gay judge and a gay comic actor. I will wait with bated breath for him to play a straight part, but I will be waiting a long time. Playing it gay or camp, all the time works only if you are really loved and not annoying and if it is for real ie: Frankie Howard!, Ken Williams, but DW just can't pull that off, ok he liked by some, but not by a lot, and this act will and is getting boring.