Now That's What I Call Music series...

soapboyz2005soapboyz2005 Posts: 5,152
Forum Member
Can you remember the first one, if any, you bought. Was it vinyl, cassette or CD? Are you an avid collector. Now 4 on CD is so rare that is is currently commanding £240 on eBay :eek:

I bought vinyl 1 to 10ish and had 13 and 19 on CD, which have since been sold on the aforementioned auction site. If I was very rich, I'd try to get the lot, lol. But nowadays (and why I stopped buying around number 11) is that I already have the majority of songs on them on singles or albums.

Comments

• Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    The first one I rememer was seeing Now 26 advertised on tv the first one we got was Now 27!! on cassette. 93 or 94 was the year, I think we also got Now 1993 as well

Got them religiously til about Now 37 and then called it a day ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have all the ones between 3 and 16 on vinyl. However, pop music turned crap at this point, so I stopped buying them. :D

I have 21 lying around on tape for some reason, and I recently bought 53 and 54 on CD as I'm getting ready for a career in pop music production. :D

I doubt I'd be willing to give up my copy of Now 3, regardless of how much it would fetch on eBay. It was my first ever LP, and the earliest relic I have from my childhood. :) Plus I still listen to it sometimes (ahhh, Nik Kershaw and Ultravox - where are you now?) ;)
  • Adam792Adam792 Posts: 7,142
    Forum Member
    I've collected since Now 48 - I was only 9 at the time! :D
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have NTWICM7 ..... double tape!!!!!!
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the first three, still playable on cassette. The original one was just called 'Now that's what I call Music. Number three features

The Reflex Duran Duran
    I won't let the Sun go down on me Nick kershaw
    Robert de Niro is waiting Bananarama

and Madness, The weather Girls, Bluebells, Cyndi lauper, Frankie, Style Council amongest others, I think I'll pop it on now whilst I'm on the net...........................

Happy days, no mortgage, job, responsibilities etc.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I've got Now 20 on CD, 21 and 22 on cassette, 23 and 24 on CD, 25 on cassette, 26 on CD, 27 on cassette and 28-63 on CD. The reason some of the ones in the 20's are on CD is because I've been looking out for them on CD in charity shops and the like! :)
  • fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now 6,7,8,9,10...14 on vinyl (also have 14 on CD Ithink), used to have Now 1 but my ma threw it out!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    i have the WHOLE lot of them! i started collecting from now 42, and brought the earlier ones from car boots and charity shops!
  • mattlover1mattlover1 Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Ive collected from now 57 cos my sister was collecting them and she stop at now 57 and then i got them and she wants me to copy them for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    i have the WHOLE lot of them! i started collecting from now 42, and brought the earlier ones from car boots and charity shops!
    I started at 21 on cassette - brought from WHSmith if I recall correctly! :D
  • ironflowerironflower Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matwood wrote:
    I started at 21 on cassette - brought from WHSmith if I recall correctly! :D

i think that was the second one i had after 18 or 19. think i had 22, 24, 25 and one other, but can't remember which. i acquired an early one a bit later on with middish eighties tunes on it.

stopped buying them when i was about 14 though. my taste became more refined! :p
  • robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cd
    NOW 37
    NOW 40
    NOW 43
    NOW 44
    NOW 45
    NOW 49
    NOW 50
    NOW 53
    NOW 54
    NOW 55
    NOW 56
    NOW 57
    NOW 58
    NOW 60
    NOW 61

tape
    NOW 35
    NOW 34
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    first one i got was now 28 on cassette
  • ironflowerironflower Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is there a website with all the now album's track listings on?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got Now 10 on CD - and that's the earliest one, but I've recently brought Now 57 too. I don't tend to buy them at all these days as they don't really have any songs that I like on them! :)
  • HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    I started at NOW 30 which was in 1995 and have been getting them since, good value for money.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got Now 28 and 29 on cassette for Christmas 1994 and then got continued to get the CDs from Now 30. Went back and got 23-27 but didn't feel the need to go any further back. I still buy them on the day of release - even though I have all the songs I need to get the collection going I guess.
  • MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    I used to buy them, everytime one came out, then I stopped when they came a little out of date, like take the latest one Now 63 is it? Some songs there are 4 months old!

So lately I make my own mixes, with only the songs I like and none of the crap the Now's sometimes bring..

For instance my latest one:

1. Alex Parks - Honesty.
    2. KT Tunstall - Another Place To Fall.
    3. Kelly Clarkson - Walk Away.
    4. Ashley Simpson - Boyfriend.
    5. Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down.
    6. The Ordinary Boys - Boys Will Be Boys.
    7. Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like A Record).
    8. Sugababes - Red Dress.
    9. P!nk - Stupid Girls.
    10. Madonna - Sorry.
    11. Meck (Feat. Leo Sayer) - Thunder In My Heart Again.
    12. Simon Webbe - After All This Time.
    13. Girls Aloud - Whole Lotta History.
    14. Corinne Bailey Rea - Put Your Records On.
    15. Andy Abraham - Hang Up.
    16. Shakira - Don't Bother
    17. Anastacia - In Your Eyes.
    18. Embrace - Nature's Law.
    19. Kubb - Grow.
    20. Jose Gonzales - Heartbeats.
    21. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ironflower wrote:
    DING DING DING DING DING :D

oh, and i also have NOW17 on cd :cool:
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I still have them without looking,but at one point I definitely had two and three on vinyl,and four on cassette. I think I sold the cassette to a workmate. I seem to recall buying a couple more vinyls,possibly six and seven,but again I'll have to look. I've sold quite a bit of my old vinyl in dribs and drabs over the years and I've got no idea exactly what i've still got.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked up NOW 1 on vinyl for 50p at a car boot sale - bargain!! I think the first one I bought (and still own) is NOW 6 on vinyl. Some great tracks on there like:

Jan Hammer: Miami Vice Theme
    Midge Ure: If I Was
    Level 42: Something About You
    Kate Bush: Running Up That Hill
    Gary Moore: Empty Rooms
    Simple Minds: Alive & Kicking

Great days indeed!! :cool:
  • soapboyz2005soapboyz2005 Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    ironflower wrote:
    http://www.nowmusic.com/site.html
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a copy of Now 2 on double vinyl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    I have Now 4,8 & 13 on vinyl and Now 17 on CD. Haven't purchased any more since, however was looking at the tracklistings on Now 18-21 the other night on www.nowmusic.com and thought I'd like to have one or two of those.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

so what is it currently up to?

Uk 1 - 63?
    UK Dance?
    America 1 - 16?
    Denmark 1 - 15?
    Australia?
    Arabia?