Now That's What I Call Music series...

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shelfie wrote: »
    Not like in the last few years when a new one seems to come out every eight weeks, hence the reason they're somewhere in the mid-60's.

Don't they release three a year? One at around Easter, one in the Summer and one before Xmas?
  • Options
    zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LouC wrote: »
    Don't they release three a year? One at around Easter, one in the Summer and one before Xmas?

Yep, one just out before Easter then third week of July and third week of November.

Just for the record out of the main Now's, I have Now's 12,13,16-68. The early ones are so expensive on Ebay though. The first Now on CD which is #4 and is on one single CD so basically a best of from the double vinyl/cassette is currently on Ebay whilst the starting price is £300 which may sound a lot when these auctions end for Now 4, it rarely goes below £300.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shelfie wrote: »
    Also, the "Now" series only came out once or twice a year at first and contained only the very best toons. Not like in the last few years when a new one seems to come out every eight weeks, hence the reason they're somewhere in the mid-60's.

Excluding the spin off's that come out around Christmas, the main Now has been doing 3 seperate Now's per year since the start of 1994.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember back in the 90s there used to be a lot more hits compilations than there are now - I mean it's only Now left isn't it? Loads of dance comps still around though.

SonyBMG should launch a brand new rival to Now and release it on one 20 track CD that comes out every 6-8 weeks and retail them for £7.99. I think they'd be pretty successful. The old TOTP albums used to come out that often and they did very well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    SonyBMG should launch a brand new rival to Now and release it on one 20 track CD that comes out every 6-8 weeks and retail them for £7.99. I think they'd be pretty successful. The old TOTP albums used to come out that often and they did very well.

SonyBMG already supply Now with tracks. The recent Now has at least the first two artists from Sony/BMG (Leona Lewis and Take That)
  • Options
    soapboyz2005soapboyz2005 Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    My rough estimate is that Now 100 will be out in 2018!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question is - will it be out on CD then! Or apart from download, will there be another format that it will be available on.

The problem with this long running series is that you can't complete the set on one type of media. The vinyl edition ran from 1-35, tape ran from 1 to I believe Now 64 and CD started on 4 then 8 and 9 (all 3 were just single CDs) then a double CD from 10 onwards.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they would get good sales if they re-released all the earlier ones again on CD, I would buy them as they'd make a great 80's collection. I recently used to Ebay to finally complete my CD collection down to NOW 8, not even going there with NOW 4 with it mostly going for over £200 though, instead I'm getting Now 1980 etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got them on cassette from Now 3 to Now 11 & on CD from Now 11 right up to Now 68. I also have Now 45 & 46 on Mini-Disc & Now 1994 & 1995 on cassette. I plan on buying Now 1 & Now 2 soon. I love listening to the older ones, the trips down memory lane. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My rough estimate is that Now 100 will be out in 2018!

That should be right if they keep to the 3 a year relase method. it should be the summer 2018 realease that is usually around July.
  • Options
    t1mmybt1mmyb Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they would get good sales if they re-released all the earlier ones again on CD, I would buy them as they'd make a great 80's collection. I recently used to Ebay to finally complete my CD collection down to NOW 8, not even going there with NOW 4 with it mostly going for over £200 though, instead I'm getting Now 1980 etc.
    Now 4 is £200? Maybe I should sell :D
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not got that many.

Now 1 - Vinyl
    Now 6 - also Vinyl
    Now 28 - Cassette
    Now 35 - CD
    Now 42 - CD

I've got a copy of Hits 5 around somewhere, as well as some Ronco complilations from 1983.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    t1mmyb wrote: »
    Now 4 is £200? Maybe I should sell :D

£200 is a bargain for Now 4 CD on Ebay. It regularly goes for a minimum of £300 and theres one on Ebay at the moment with a starting price of £450 (bit greedy that mind you lol)
  • Options
    t1mmybt1mmyb Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £200 is a bargain for Now 4 CD on Ebay. It regularly goes for a minimum of £300 and theres one on Ebay at the moment with a starting price of £450 (bit greedy that mind you lol)
    Mine's on vinyl. I struggled to get eBay to return results that weren't "Now that's what I call music 4x" (i.e. 41-49) :o

OK - once I quoted my search (i.e. a phrase search), all was well.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Now 69 info is up on play.com

Disc 1

1. Mercy - Duffy
    2. Don't Stop The Music - Rihanna
    3. Now You're Gone - Basshunter feat. DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz
    4. Call The Shots - Girls Aloud
    5. Rock Star - Nickelback
    6. Stop And Stare - OneRepublic
    7. Sun Goes Down - David Jordan
    8. Work (Freemasons Radio Edit) - Kelly Rowland
    9. Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
    10. Piece Of Me - Britney Spears
    11. Heartbroken - T2 feat. Jodie Aysha
    12. What's It Gonna Be - H "two" O feat. Platnum
    13. Come On Girl - Taio Cruz
    14. Wow - Kylie Minogue
    15. Be Mine! - Robyn
    16. What Hurts The Most - Cascada
    17. Some Kinda Rush - Booty Luv
    18. Heater - Samim
    19. Just Fine - Mary J. Blige
    20. Ride It - Jay Sean
    21. Breathless - Shayne Ward
    22. When You Believe - Leon Jackson

Disc 2

1. Chasing Pavements - Adele
    2. Apologize - Timbaland pts OneRepublic
    3. No One - Alicia Keys
    4. Happy Ending - Mika
    5. Homecoming - Kanye West feat. Chris Martin
    6. Goodbye Mr A - The Hoosiers
    7. I Thought It Was Over - The Feeling
    8. Fascination - Alphabeat
    9. Elvis Ain't Dead - Scouting For Girls
    10. Just For Tonight - One Night Only
    11. Ready For The Floor - Hot Chip
    12. Flux - Bloc Party
    13. Something Good '08 - Utah Saints
    14. The Journey Continues - Mark Brown feat. Sarah Cracknell
    15. This Is The Life - Amy MacDonald
    16. Pumpkin Soup - Kate Nash
    17. Change - Sugababes
    18. A&E - Goldfrapp
    19. Love Is A Losing Game - Amy Winehouse
    20. What A Wonderful World - Eva Cassidy & Katie Melua

Everything seems to be covered there, usually there is the odd big one that doesn't make it, but with Sony BMG being on board with them now it seems to have completed the picture.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a fair number of them on cassette and CD... However, I recently got rid of all the tapes and have kept the CDs only. :)
  • Options
    Platinum BobPlatinum Bob Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they would get good sales if they re-released all the earlier ones again on CD, I would buy them as they'd make a great 80's collection.

I agree.

When they rereleased the very first NTWICM on CD a couple of years ago, I did hope that they'd carry on with some of the others. Unfortunately, that didn't happen! :cry:
  • Options
    ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool thread, i actually bought now 18 off ebay the other week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I recall, I still need: Now 20-25, 27, 30, 33 (My copy has Disc 1 missing!) on CD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found Now 28 on CD in Sue Ryder for £1.50 a couple of weeks ago... I already have it but I bought it as it was a bargain needless to say! :o