The Mirror - Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole to return to X Factor panel in 2014?

Comments

• PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me if they both came back. Obviously, this story comes out every year but I think if Simon was to come back to the UK version (which seems more likely than ever), then I can see Cheryl back on the show too.

I think Dannii will be the question mark. Didn't she comment about Sharon's return - something about it's not always a good idea to go back? I would love Dannii to come back but I think she's the one least likely to.

This is perhaps the reason why Sharon was brought back this year; someone the audience already knows to temporarily fill a seat before the 2010 panel returns in 2014?

To be honest, as long as Simon comes back to XF - I'll be happy.

I just hope if it's a case that Dannii doesn't return, that Nicole doesn't stay - I love Nicole but I'd hate to see her treated in the same way Dannii was in 2008
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if they both came back. Obviously, this story comes out every year but I think if Simon was to come back to the UK version (which seems more likely than ever), then I can see Cheryl back on the show too.

I think Dannii will be the question mark. Didn't she comment about Sharon's return - something about it's not always a good idea to go back? I would love Dannii to come back but I think she's the one least likely to.

This is perhaps the reason why Sharon was brought back this year; someone the audience already knows to temporarily fill a seat before the 2010 panel returns in 2014?

To be honest, as long as Simon comes back to XF - I'll be happy.

I just hope if it's a case that Dannii doesn't return, that Nicole doesn't stay - I love Nicole but I'd hate to see her treated in the same way Dannii was in 2008

What happened with Dannii in 2008?
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they trotted this story out last year as well?

Definitely PR to try and keep people interested, Cheryl will never come back after the X Factor USA fiasco.

I think she will ... as shown by them now settling the court case.

I think this has been planned for over a year and they agreed way back and its why she took the career break. I don't think the story trotted out last year was for PR ... i think it was for real, she was coming back and they made the decision to delay.

I don't see Danni back, probably Mrs O again.

Always predicted the court case would get settled, that was never going to court
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think this has been planned for over a year and they agreed way back and its why she took the career break. I don't think the story trotted out last year was for PR ... i think it was for real, she was coming back and they made the decision to delay.

Always predicted the court case would get settled, that was never going to court

I dont see Dannii returning either. Shes on the Oz version now.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sharon has said she's only doing this series.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    I do see Simon returning but not Cheryl (well hopefully not)

The Mirror are so unreliable, they had multiple front page stories last year saying Dannii was returning.

Well, the reports of Dannii returning weren't untrue. She was offered the job, but she ultimately turned it down.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    I dont see Dannii returning either. Shes on the Oz version now.

I agree. I personally love Dannii as a judge, but I do not think she would return to the UK show. She left on a high back in 2010 and going back would ruin that moment in my opinion. I think she will do a few more series of the Aussie show though.:)
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon is the face of the show, so he's welcome to come back. Cheryl's time on the show has passed, though, so it would be nice if she didn't.
    Forum Member

Good post.

I see Nicole staying next year, rather than Sharon. I think a Nicole/Cheryl/Louis and Simon panel next year is more likely than A Sharon/Nicole/Louise/ Simon panel, or a Dannii/Louis/Simon and Cheryl panel.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think SImon will be back, he might bring Demi with him (Which i wouldnt mind) and IF Dannii and Louis come back that would be a good panel!
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think SImon will be back, he might bring Demi with him (Which i wouldnt mind) and IF Dannii and Louis come back that would be a good panel!

Demi Lovato is a pretty good mentor and so would be a fabulous addition to the UK XF. The fact that she's as cute as a button can't be bad either, but two American judges is going too far and Nicole is an excellent judge/mentor. Cheryl Cole is a stunningly attractive woman, but all she has to do is open her mouth and I want to turn the telly off - and that's not just when she's "singing". Let's not have her back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I personally love Dannii as a judge, but I do not think she would return to the UK show. She left on a high back in 2010 and going back would ruin that moment in my opinion. I think she will do a few more series of the Aussie show though.:)

Never say never,but I dont think Dannii would join as a judge again. She has meetings lined up soon so who knows what will happen.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Demi Lovato is a pretty good mentor and so would be a fabulous addition to the UK XF. The fact that she's as cute as a button can't be bad either, but two American judges is going too far and Nicole is an excellent judge/mentor. Cheryl Cole is a stunningly attractive woman, but all she has to do is open her mouth and I want to turn the telly off - and that's not just when she's "singing". Let's not have her back.

Sorry no. Just no. How she murdered Jennel and Danie and is about to murder Khaya makes me say no just no.

She's annoying and makes the show look tacky. At least Nicole brings a bit of class to the panel. No way should the one good American in the panel be substituted out for another who can't even sort out her own hair colour.
  • rokaroka Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Yay, about time Cheryl was back, rather keep Nicole instead of old frozen face Minogue though.
    Forum Member
    roka wrote: »
    Yay, about time Cheryl was back, rather keep Nicole instead of old frozen face Minogue though.

Dannii is 42, which is hardly old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god Simon back...who is Cheryl Cole?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon has said she's only doing this series.

so had louis ... but things change.

it will be sharon or nicole.

they wouldnt move dannii from oz XF, especially after she's just won.I doubt she'd want to work directly with simon either. They also wouldn't change 3 members of the panel in one go.

Cheryl agreed to come back a year ago. Everyone said at the time it was rubbish and she never would, she's suing them, blah blah blah. Ask yourself why she'd rest and do nothing if she didn't know she already had another job lined up. The idea that these people sign up just before the series is total rubbish - its at least rough planned years ahead.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon is desperate to do the US version of X Factor, providing it's not axed obviously. I think it was popbitch who said Kelly had been overheard saying her mum is only doing XF Uk so she can the US gig next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon is desperate to do the US version of X Factor, providing it's not axed obviously. I think it was popbitch who said Kelly had been overheard saying her mum is only doing XF Uk so she can the US gig next year.

If it isn't axed would they move simon? I think more likely they will move X-Factor UK in the schedules so he can do both.

I could see sharon doing xf usa but also staying if asked. Basically, anything for a job.

The panels could be so much stronger without louis but that aint ever gonna happen..
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what to believe in all honesty. Reports suggest that Cowell is definitely returning to the UK show next year. Some are saying he's going to leave TXFUSA, while others are saying TXFUSA is going to get entirely axed. I personally think the latter option is more feasible, but we'll see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Why do people not like Cheryl Cole?? She was a great judge on the XF and tbf i miss that era from 2008-2010, they had some great singers!
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Simon comes back, then great. But if Cheryl comes back, I'll say goodbye to watching XF UGH!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frontpage in todays Sun with Dannii and Cheryl.
    According to Wootton they are both wanted back by Simon.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    Please come back Dannii. It is the only thing that would make me start watching it again. I'll actually be happy to see a Cheryl return as well.

It would feel like they are going backwards, but who cares. It was the best judging panel and i want it back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Dannii even more now then I did then but Im confused with all the stories of them all returning. Cheryl and simon arent exactly besties nowadays, Dannii has moved awayfrom it all not commeting on her and Simon and Simon is just glowing like hes the one whos pregnant.

If they were to return they would have to bring XFUS stage and production to next years series cos that is awesome.